What's everyone playing to kill time until Open Beta?

I bought and started playing MHW on xbox. It feels so weird after adapting to KBM to going to controller only on console. Now I just need to grind out main story and unlock Master Rank.

@The-Question said in What's everyone playing to kill time until Open Beta?:

I bought and started playing MHW on xbox. It feels so weird after adapting to KBM to going to controller only on console. Now I just need to grind out main story and unlock Master Rank.

It's a bit of a shame that MHW isn't actually an "Online" game like some thought it would be. Instead it's just a standard MH game but in HD and with online capabilities. Your character and progress is saved on your platform's internal storage/etc. rather than on a server as per normal Monster Hunter games. You can even edit the save files and use cheat engine in offline mode, and the servers won't care. of course, people can still report you for cheating, and YOU WILL get perma-banned from the online service for it.

@coldreactive said in What's everyone playing to kill time until Open Beta?:

It's a bit of a shame that MHW isn't actually an "Online" game like some thought it would be. Instead it's just a standard MH game but in HD and with online capabilities. Your character and progress is saved on your platform's internal storage/etc. rather than on a server as per normal Monster Hunter games. You can even edit the save files and use cheat engine in offline mode, and the servers won't care. of course, people can still report you for cheating, and YOU WILL get perma-banned from the online service for it.

I never expected it to be anything but that. They already tried a bunch of new things with this title. As a fan since MH2 I would hate to see them completely get rid of what I've grown used to. Now if they phased out some things over time to make it more like an "Online" game then they could probably do it fairly well. With the way MHW sold across the world I think the next game will be even better and have full cross play capabilities.

Now if they phased out some things over time to make it more like an "Online" game then they could probably do it fairly well.

There's already a Monster Hunter Online using CryENGINE in China only. Just like how there's a Borderlands MMO in China only.

I'm finding it so hard to dive into anything right now. I look at any game and say to myself... "Why should I invest my time in this when once PSO comes out I won't touch it for awhile".

I have Lego DC villains in my switch which I got super cheap and i think that would be a nice chill game to play till launch.

I tried Two Point Hospital this evening. It is a pretty fun game. I'd recommend checking it out if you have not played it, especially if you have game pass as the game is available on game pass right now.

@Photon_Cat said in What's everyone playing to kill time until Open Beta?:

I tried Two Point Hospital this evening. It is a pretty fun game. I'd recommend checking it out if you have not played it, especially if you have game pass as the game is available on game pass right now.

Love two points. I played Theme Hospital way back when. Love those games for both the humor and management systems.

Been playing a lot of Splatoon 2 and Overcooked 2 with friends, and uh... PSO2JP, haha! Also been playing PSOBB with a buddy of mine too

Love two points. I played Theme Hospital way back when. Love those games for both the humor and management systems.

The controls are surprisingly good on console. I was expecting to be frustrated. There is still some frustrating moments but overall works pretty good for using a controller for this type of game.

I'm not very far into the game yet so I can't comment on the management system, but yes, the game absolutely has a sense of humor 😄

The controls are surprisingly good on console. I was expecting to be frustrated. There is still some frustrating moments but overall works pretty good for using a controller for this type of game.

I'm not very far into the game yet so I can't comment on the management system, but yes, the game absolutely has a sense of humor 😄

The management system will come more into play later. You will know when it's time to get used to it when things start getting out of hand 24/7.

hi Im playing phantasy star 4 on steam t il the game lauches since I dont own en Xbox one at all.I hope to finally finish the game too its really fun😊

@coldreactive said in What's everyone playing to kill time until Open Beta?:

Definitely not playing PSO2JP right now... nope...

alt text

SOOOO satisfying when that happens!

Also, Dragon Quest XI, Planet Zoo, and the Witcher. 😉

PSO2 JP, Overwatch, and my untouched steam library, because now's the time to go through it and play all of the games. Steam library wise, I am playing through the Atelier series, then maybe play Borderlands 3, then finish the Witcher, etc.

@GM-Rappie

Ooh The Atelier series! I keep seeing it on Steam but have yet to jump into it. Sounds fun.

I'm also waiting for FFVIIR and Tales of Arise to be coming out this year.

@BlackRadient said in What's everyone playing to kill time until Open Beta?:

@GM-Rappie

Ooh The Atelier series! I keep seeing it on Steam but have yet to jump into it. Sounds fun.

I'm also waiting for FFVIIR and Tales of Arise to be coming out this year.

Oh yeah Im waiting for Animal Crossing! Seeing how it started and where it is now makes me so happy. Also Tales of Arise looks good, I should try it out too when it comes out. Also the FF remake looks good too! So many good games this year!!! 2020 is lookin like a good year for games.