What’s your fav scion class, and why is it Etoile?

See title.

I’m loving Etoile so much, I get to fly around like my Bouncer but it’s more graceful. I’m going full magical girl!

I have both phantom and etoille upto 60 (on different alts).

I love the wand combat on etoille though I'm still getting to grips with the twin sabers and double sabers... Doubles just don't have the range/reach for me I am finding.

I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying phantom too 😁 it helps that I got Harriete skin for my rifle earlier 😁

Still learning the synergy with phantom, I really wanted to just be a rod user, but damn I'm switching between all 3, even katana (just a shame the kasami one has no S augs available, the only way i can have my long gone bracer again)

mine is still Hero, I'm being playing with Etoile and is nice and all but still need to learn the timing of the attacks

Etoile's style best suits my main character's aesthetics.

My favourite scion class is Phantom, and it is Étoile because Phantom is shaping up to be a great subclass for unconditional damage multipliers, PP management, crit rate and focus build speed.

They made Techter a Scion class!?

Phantom I have no interest in hero or etoile

@Furious You can use the Wand as an Etoile but you have no access to Techniques. The closest you can do for support is the Etoile's "Overdrive" skill that heals boosts the maximum photon points for allies but beyond that you're effectively a Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts-esque melee-focused class that happens to have magical-looking attacks.

I’d also like like to point out Lavis cannon works pretty well on Etoile by increasing the speed of your basic attacks by 28% and the shockwave is a nice bonus too.

@Ley-Xenocider said in What’s your fav scion class, and why is it Etoile?:

Phantom I have no interest in hero or etoile

Why did I read this in Kyokuya's voice?

@VanillaLucia said in What’s your fav scion class, and why is it Etoile?:

@Furious You can use the Wand as an Etoile but you have no access to Techniques. The closest you can do for support is the Etoile's "Overdrive" skill that heals boosts the maximum photon points for allies but beyond that you're effectively a Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts-esque melee-focused class that happens to have magical-looking attacks.

Someone else made a similar but useless comment to me before with the same logic.

You play Techter!? Well Etoile can use a wand!

But it isn't a Techter. I don't play Techter because it uses a wand. I play Techter because it's a Techter.

Techer with Phantom so far is really fun! Etoile is my main but it’s a nice change of pace.

@Furious This is interesting. Yeah, I feel Techter and Etoile are very different, even almost opposites in the utility side of things. Techter is really good with keeping up buffs, mob damage and can heal. Etoile can literally shrug off punches to the face and actually impedes healing, lol.

I don't know tbh. I really like how Etiole feels due to it's animations and constant blocking/countering. At the same time I'm still very much in love with the sheer speed of Hero and constantly weapon swapping. I'm a big DMC fan so that's probably related.

I'm enjoying the hyper mobility of Ph Katana so far. But it's not super clicked with me yet as a class. It's funny because I thought Et was going to be harder for me due to the sheer number of facets to it's mechanics. But i'm finding Ph katana/rifle harder to get down. At least this is my experiences so far. Neither are playing extreme content yet. Just super hard.