Unable to redeem Xbox gamepass ultimate rewards

I was able to get them. It comes in two items in the reciever campaign items on the visiphone

Was just coming here to check to see if anyone had redeemed it properly. Saw the update in the perks screen almost as it was happening. Going to try now.

Can Confirm: Redeemed mine just now with 0 issues. Yay!

THANK YOU FOR FIXING IT LOVE YA GUYS PSO2 AND CANT WAIT FOR MORE UPDATE IN THE GAME I BE WAITING BIG TIME 😄

❤ Glad it's working properly. Wish it was from the beginning though!

Yeah, still not showing up for me, but that's likely because it's only for US customers.... yaaaaay, screwed out of perks again....

@GM-Deynger HEY its ok u fix it thats all it matter and i got it and no hard feelings you guys are busting your butt and still working on the game and making it more fun and better for us fans to enjoy our pso2 games that we been waiting for a long time even tho we more pso2 fans been playing jp ver. on pc or ps4 we still want our pso2 games so we love this game and waiting for more update and events and stuff coming to the game. and i know we having to wait for more updates for our personal rooms to breakdown are weapons and who knows what you guys got under your ticks lol 😄

@GM-Deynger got it working thank you

@GM-Deynger wish it would be enabled for all countries. I think having NA only is a very dreadful curveball honestly. Speaking microtransactions alone I want to spend but it's pretty much impossible and it sucks to see because my partner is American and lives with me in the UK and she's just as much a pso fan as I am, just because she lives over here now she isn't able to enjoy perks from this game and this game only.. Loving this game too much as it is and the thought that u couldn't support a game I want to and enjoy it to its full glory reslly disheartens me wanting to play as long as I actually would like to.

@Liamz369 Yeah, this is pretty frustrating. I think getting most of the paid for stuff is quite straight forward, but they must be tracking this particular reward by IP as I have no payment plans on my xbox, all the store fronts are in dollars and the game installed fine. I use prepaid cards for stuff. but even though I have game pass ultimate active, can't see this single item as available. It blows 😞

@Kedlin313 said in Unable to redeem Xbox gamepass ultimate rewards:

@Liamz369 Yeah, this is pretty frustrating. I think getting most of the paid for stuff is quite straight forward, but they must be tracking this particular reward by IP as I have no payment plans on my xbox, all the store fronts are in dollars and the game installed fine. I use prepaid cards for stuff. but even though I have game pass ultimate active, can't see this single item as available. It blows 😞

Is your GamePass Ultimate subscription active for either US or Canada? If not, then it won't show up as the offer is valid in those regions only.

@kliqIMB yeah. And that's precisely the problem right there. Who wants to feel dissatisfied having game pass ultimate for 12 months subscription setup only to be told perks I'm offered aren't available to me? And to a game I haven't played since the gamecube era? Pso is something I've looked forward to for years and to feel I'm playing and enjoying myself more than I could imagine I would, I'm locked out from showing my support and buying ingame currency or treating myself to some freebies aswell as contributing to my battlepass for its premium feature? I can't help but feel down about it I'm sure a whole lot of people do so I'm just venting so nevermind? I seriously hope on official launch things will look up for us outside of NA to atleast equally enjoy it as much, our time goes into it after all if we're playing 😦

EDIT: to add, my ultimate pass is paid through dollar on the US xbox setting too lol. Hell even my partners card renewed it through her dollar currency..

Hi, I redeemed the perk thing but the items never showed up on the visiphone in game and before anyone asks yes I'm in NA I live in CANADA! I would like my items PLEASE and THANK YOU! This is utterly ridiculous you take over a day "fixing" this issue and it still isn't working right. Smh

@ObsidiousBlade this is a beta. Betas are where these kinds off issues are discovered, then resolved.

I would also like to know the status of this...I was also able to use the code on my xbox and it has never shown in the game yet...I'm also in NA...and double checked to make sure it was redeemed thru my purchaced history and its showing there...been waiting for 1.5 hrs guess I will check back in the morning

@GM-Deynger Care to respond? Cause it's NOT FIXED!