Unable to redeem Xbox gamepass ultimate rewards

I got my code, but I'm not sure if I should redeem it. Sounds like a big mess right now, so I'm wondering if I should hold off until it settles down. On the other hand, I'd like to have it redeemed in time for tomorrow's event.

Hmmmm...

@Natty-Boh-man I'd wait, putting in a code now won't give you the items.

I had redeemed mine right as they took it down so now it shows on my account as I have it tho I did not get anything, we are all in the same boat with this and I hope we hear something about it’s fix soon but let’s all just show them some patience

@Hax-Mega said in Unable to redeem Xbox gamepass ultimate rewards:

I don't really know how they are going to put back up the Gamepass perk with the rewards what they are right now. They were extremely generous with this perk, but there are too many ways to exploit it with no real way to protect against it. Unfortunately, this is going to lead to us never getting a reward quite this generous again.

They should of made it so an account can only redeem it once. They should of tested it before putting it out. This is entirely their fault for rushing a reward.

Still its worrying that instead of 1)immediately doing a maintenance and/or 2) immediately turning off Game Perk claiming and/or 3)immediately turning off AC tickets they spent time creating a script to automatically capture and suspend people, for a week, who redeemed more than 1 while they decided what to do.

It shouldn't take them a week to investigate either. Pretty sure Sega of Japan made the decision though. Bringing back bad memories of FF11 and NA support having to wait for JP Support's decision.

@Taimara-Syn I agree with your points here. The response to this could have been much better; I'll blame growing pains for now because the NA server is so new. However making the codes once per account wouldn't have fixed the exploit issue, just slow it down slightly. That's probably the main reason the perks are still down.

@Taimara-Syn I agree with your points here. The response to this could have been much better; I'll blame growing pains for now because the NA server is so new. However making the codes once per account wouldn't have fixed the exploit issue, just slow it down slightly. That's probably the main reason the perks are still down.

True, people could of made multiple accounts still and traded the items over. I'm sure some already did that too and those people aren't suspended. There really is no way they can give them out if its tied to Game Pass Ultimate. Unless they removed the meseta and AC tickets then made everything untradeable.

Still this is technically still Beta, not live, so even a rollback or suspend people who did 3+ redeems and give the people who did only 2, which a majority probably were accidents, the opportunity to send the items to a GM or something. Now people miss out on PSO2 day and a week of play because of something that wasn't even their fault. (Not talking about the people knowingly exploiting).

Stuck inside for 2 weeks on self quarantine and can't even play because of Sega and MS's mistake. Makes me quite upset.

@Natty-Boh-man I'd wait, putting in a code now won't give you the items.

Shoot. I got impatient and put in my code. Logged in and no perks. Now I'm waiting and hoping like SaviorZero82.

Fingers crossed that they fix this or at least don't ban me for using my code once. It's such a cool perk and worth a lot if I were to pay real money.

Same Issue

@Taimara-Syn said in Unable to redeem Xbox gamepass ultimate rewards:

They should of made it so an account can only redeem it once. They should of tested it before putting it out. This is entirely their fault for rushing a reward.

The game is in beta, this is where they test things like this.

I'm in the same boat of redeemed code, no rewards in game.

But I'm patient and can wait for it to be fixed.

@Taimara-Syn said in Unable to redeem Xbox gamepass ultimate rewards:

Sega and MS's mistake

I am not sure how they really missed this issue. It's a pretty obvious thing to make it account bound if they wanted people to not abuse it. And even still within the people abusing it, those others who were trying to get the code to activate by trying it 2nd time because they didn't get it first time, were under the crossfire and paid the price between abusers and the team's management.

It's definitely on MS/PSO2 Team/SEGA's end that this Perk was a bad attempt and yet poor management to keep it account bound per redeeming it.

Still can't get it. Really hope I don't miss out because of this.

@xBx-Austin-xDx said in Unable to redeem Xbox gamepass ultimate rewards:

Still can't get it. Really hope I don't miss out because of this.

No one is missing out. GM's already said that xbox is trying to fix it and will be back up when it's fixed.

@GamerKillance I can’t see them say anything about what’s going on would be nice if we can get an update already missed 22SG I can’t wait no longer

@FireHero said in Unable to redeem Xbox gamepass ultimate rewards:

@GamerKillance I can’t see them say anything about what’s going on would be nice if we can get an update already missed 22SG I can’t wait no longer

https://mobile.twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1241053477083607040

It isn't the end of the world. Everyone can wait while they fix it.