missing weapons from JP

ok so ive been checking out the JP drop tables, as i thought some of the enemy weapons would look cool if we had them like the Goldrhada swords and launchers (illegal bomber and dalvada sword), then i noticed a LOAD of other PS series LEGACY weapons which we just dont have on global.

is there a reason we are missing out on these? i for one play to get my cool gear not all about endgame 15* id love to have a lot my old PSO weapons again and enemy weapons too, its an aspect ive thought missing since i started playing global.... finding enemy weapons/parts to create them.

Those are known as "Old Type" weapons -- this system was completely replaced in Episode 4 with "New Type" weapons, and the weapons have not been repurposed to be "New Type" as it would require rebalancing the weapons to some degree due to different grind modifiers.

Many weapons have been changed over, but not all. They released a batch with Episode 5, you may see some more in Episode 6.

I have an entire thread in the In-Game Suggestions of the forums for OT weapons that don't have NT remakes or camos that people want in, feel free to post any weapons and such that you'd like to see over there and I'll update the list

ah that makes sense, I totally forgot about the whole NT system.

If the global version had released with these and not kept with the New-Type weapons right away (like the Japanese version does now as many of the Old-Type weapons are very difficult to get or are now unobtainable) I would expect to see so much more headaches for the people who already have a hard time with the grinding system and affixing system in this game.

The New-Type weapons system definitely saved a lot of headaches and made things very easy in comparison to how things used to be and ended up as a sort of power-creep that really destroyed a lot of the older balancing the game had which resulted in the current trend of thirteen star weapons (or admittedly if I have to push it, the fourteen star weapons) being what you should be equipped with "at minimum" to participate in current content. I would have loved for a more horizontal sort of gear progression but that doesn't start to really fan out further until Episode 6 and even then there's still definitely a "top" weapon for most classes at that point that overwrites much of the gear customization factor. As long as you know the content you're playing so you don't walk in with the weapons you like and are still viable for the content (or if you used the Weapon Transmutation feature) you can keep your appearances but unfortunately in this sort of game it can really set people off when they want to succeed and someone else is trying to authentically fashion themselves as much as possible.

I just use camos to get the "look" I want

having transmutation is all fine and well, but we have lost an aspect of the game (JP did too with the crunch of NT it woud seem) in farming enemy weapons and the legacy weapons..... you cant transmute a skin of a weapon that isnt in the game we got.

ultimatley its not a big deal, NG is coming before we know it anyway... so im not too stressed about that bit of the game i missed out on by giving up on JP servers after a few months of the games launch because of the silly JP captcha.

TBH unless someone is using a criminally under powered weapon is it really that bad? has everyone become that much of a TRYHARD? folk need to chill if they are getting butthurt about other players gear, i mean an 1800-2000 (dia-ophistia) atk sword isnt gonna do THAT much less in the grand scheme of things when others are using a 2400 atk sword (atlas-TB) and in a 12 man boss.

@captain-codpiece said in missing weapons from JP:

having transmutation is all fine and well, but we have lost an aspect of the game (JP did too with the crunch of NT it woud seem) in farming enemy weapons and the legacy weapons..... you cant transmute a skin of a weapon that isnt in the game we got.

OT still drops on JP, alot of the 11* and under still drops as OT. Only OT I don't see dropping are like 12* Nox weapons but the NT version is there and looks the same. Alot of the currency exchange for OT are still there even.