Aesthetic feedback: Why no open-face MaleCAST heads, why no closed-face FemaleCAST heads?

Various friends of mine and I agree, we'd love to have an open-faced male CAST head design (Hairstyle?), and even closed-face/full helmet style Female CAST heads.

It would be something pretty interesting, as I liked the designs of other game series with cyborgs/robots with prominent helmets (Megaman X/Zero, etc.).

I do hope we get more variety for CAST heads for both genders in New Genesis, as I would love the opportunity to have an open-faced helmet on a Male CAST or a closed helmet/head on a Female CAST.

Male CAST obviously have no biological parts like female CAST do.

PSO2 Drossel female Luster parts

pso2d.png

The lamia set is another closed-helmet female cast head we currently have, if you're looking for options (but that was from a past mission pass, so you won't be able to just pick it up from the market).

So there are female head parts with closed helmet. (still has those windows for easy stabbing, right?) What about male head parts with open helmet? (is it a helmet? or is it the actual head?) Also male cast parts that don't look like the character mutated into something other than human? Simply put, are there any male CAST parts that look like armor insted of the ridiculous things that i have seen? Because i won't ever use any of those.

I can't think of any from scratches/passes, but if you're just trying to make the most human-like male cast, you always have the default humanoid head option, which gets you access to normal hairstyles + there's helmet hairstyles out there and faceguard accessories/etc. You're just not gonna get the "human face with hair made of metal" kinds of heads like female casts do.

For more human-like armor, you're never gonna be fully human-looking (even female casts always have to deal with visible hip/shoulder joints), but there's some pieces out there with more human-like proportions (though you might have to spend some SG to re-proportion your character for specific pieces if you're real finnicky about proportions) to look through.

You can always just don an outfit equip able for all Males and your Male cast will have a normalish head. You'll even have normal human hair for it. That's what my fiance did with his male cast.

@Vexation said in Aesthetic feedback: Why no open-face MaleCAST heads, why no closed-face FemaleCAST heads?:

You can always just don an outfit equip able for all Males and your Male cast will have a normalish head. You'll even have normal human hair for it. That's what my fiance did with his male cast.

Heads are separate from outfits/layerwear, wearing one won't automatically change your head away from a robot one. It's free to change your face type to a humanoid face in the salon though (but changing its sliders will cost SG), which is probably what he did. You can have a humanoid head while using CAST parts, too.

I don’t own a male CAST but I do main a female one. Our heads are just like hairstyles, your clothes don’t affect it. Some heads look like robot parts, some just hair. You could always cheese it by using a human hairstyle and using CAST-like metal hair accessories.

I would really like a female version of that cool head on that golden looking male CAST in the ep6 trailer, he looks awesome! It’s like some holy knight looking helmet.

@Kuja-Feralus said in Aesthetic feedback: Why no open-face MaleCAST heads, why no closed-face FemaleCAST heads?:

Various friends of mine and I agree, we'd love to have an open-faced male CAST head design (Hairstyle?), and even closed-face/full helmet style Female CAST heads.

It would be something pretty interesting, as I liked the designs of other game series with cyborgs/robots with prominent helmets (Megaman X/Zero, etc.).

I do hope we get more variety for CAST heads for both genders in New Genesis, as I would love the opportunity to have an open-faced helmet on a Male CAST or a closed helmet/head on a Female CAST.

I miss seeing more humanoid looking male CAST like HUCast in PSO1, not just through cosmetics, I don't like how every male CAST just looks like a Gundam.

Thanks for the awesome feedback! We'll surely let the relevant team know about this 😄

A GM in General Chat other than Deynger? O.O

Did someone say, "Deynger?" 😉

Lore nerd here. I'd like to clear a few things up. Pardon my enthusiasm.

So, Casts have ZERO visible organic parts. NONE.

The "Skin" you see on female casts? Synthetic or just colored material like silicon.

Casts' organic parts are all housed inside the body. It's probably stuff like the nerves required to run the body, the brain, and maybe whatever organs couldn't be created synthetically. (Read: Basically nothing) From my understanding, this is how the early Casts were made.

Newer Casts might not even have THAT. For all we know, they're just a Photon ghost housed within the Cast shell. Think of it like ripping the soul out of the body and tossing it into the robotic body. No lore exists to suggest this is happening, but it's been hinted at.

The cast heads on male casts ARE the actual head.

@Kragwulf said in Aesthetic feedback: Why no open-face MaleCAST heads, why no closed-face FemaleCAST heads?:

Lore nerd here. I'd like to clear a few things up. Pardon my enthusiasm.

So, Casts have ZERO visible organic parts. NONE.

The "Skin" you see on female casts? Synthetic or just colored material like silicon.

Casts' organic parts are all housed inside the body. It's probably stuff like the nerves required to run the body, the brain, and maybe whatever organs couldn't be created synthetically. (Read: Basically nothing) From my understanding, this is how the early Casts were made.

Newer Casts might not even have THAT. For all we know, they're just a Photon ghost housed within the Cast shell. Think of it like ripping the soul out of the body and tossing it into the robotic body. No lore exists to suggest this is happening, but it's been hinted at.

The cast heads on male casts ARE the actual head.

Thank you for the lore-point-of-view. Still many people would like to build a more humanoid looking robot. Wether its lore approved or not. To some degree its already possible, since the male cast bodys can be combined with regular heads. Combined with rather "normal" bodyparts like melder set, one can come pretty close to this. With "normal" bodyparts i mean everything but the super-duper gundam parts or any of that fancy medievil-style parts and these sorts.