Mission Pass Season 11 includes ugly mixed revivals

Mission Pass Season 11 has been announced, and includes some re-runs. Specifically:

Season 11 Tier Rewards Previous Season Previous Tier
Gold 03 Wallet Chain, Maid Hairband 2 Gold 01
Gold 09 Laced Knee Socks: Black, Laced Knee Socks: Pink, Laced Knee Socks: White 2 Gold 06
Gold 16 * Sukuna Shinsen Pair 4 Gold 26
Gold 17 Matoi Head-mount 4 Normal 20
Gold 17 Luther Head-mount 4 Normal 28
Gold 20 Lark Barbatos, Barbatos Ponytail, Barbatos Hat 3 Gold 08
Gold 21 Pirate Attire, Wild Ponytail, Pirate Hat 3 Gold 18
Gold 22 Drake Parts set 3 Gold 10
Gold 23 Alvida Parts set 3 Gold 05

This is a chance to account-bind some items that were not included in over-run before (such as the Head-mount items), or were not chosen from over-run before. For PC players who have played since PC launch, it is a chance to get Wallet Chain, Maid Hairband and the Laced Knee Socks set for the first time (so no account-binding there).

Keep an eye on the Head-mount items in tier 17. They were separate tier rewards in Season 4, so there is the risk we may be forced to choose between them in the same kind of disgusting dilemma we had that only allowed PC players to get half of the Season 1 content back in Season 5 (a mistake that remains unfixed to this date).

Beyond calling out how this is yet another terrible mixture of content that seriously needed to be re-run in its original form, there is another matter that could upset some PC players: What this does with the Season 3 outfits. Back in May PC got the game halfway through Season 3. Those of us who did all missions available could only get to tier 23. At the time I asked for this to be addressed so it wouldn't cause a content loss that would need addressing in the future, specifically for tiers 24-30.

Season 11 adds all the outfit sets from Season 3's tiers 05, 08, 18 and 18, that PC players previously had access to, and none of the outfit sets from tiers 27 (Hero's Quarter), 28 (Irisia Staff), 29 (Regia Parts set) or 30 (Rosemary Parts set) that PC players did not, and to this day have never been able to get.

The only real benefit this mess of a revival has is that it brings the players who started with Steam into parity with the rest of the PC player base when it comes to the outfits of Season 3: Now all PC players will be in the same boat of only ever having access to the first four outfits while never having access to the second four. But is that a good thing?

Honestly, this is getting ridiculous. How much feedback needs to be given before it'll sink in that messy mixtures of previous sets like this are not the way? It wasn't for AC scratches, it won't be for Mission Pass. Season 5 may have screwed PC players by demanding they sacrifice half of Season 1 (and never have any chance at the Rose Saber camo) which pre-PC players never needed to, but now this season mixes up revivals from three seasons, including parts of the PC-withheld 2?

This is not the solution. Giving grotty mismatching portions of past seasons that were missed in full will never be the solution, unless they are accompanied by explicitly-stated confirmation that all of the cosmetics - outfits, emotes, accessories, weapon camos, furnishings, everything - from Seasons 1-3 in particular will be spread out over the course of Seasons 11-16, and without forcing us to choose to sacrifice any of it like Season 5 did.

Oooh I wasn’t around for those socks, gimme! I like most of that stuff, especially the cute pigtails and the scarves!

Maybe we’ll get the missing items later? Like next season. Hopefully.

tfw waiting for cast sets from Season 2 but they still haven't arrived.

It did look like quite the hodgepodge of stuff. Wasn't a cohesive as some of the other mission passes but I do like several of the things in there. Sorry we're not getting some pre steam outfits but I for one will be okay. Time to redo my premium and have my pass ready.

I was quite annoyed when the head mounts were first offered, as I had to decide who to give them to. My main got Matoi and my alt received Luther. But now everyone can enjoy them, so thanks for that, Sega.

Yeah I didn't start till steam so this will be my first time getting the head mounts. I adore both those characters (Yes I know Luther is ya know... evil... but damn is he hot) Ahemmmmmm so yeah I guess I'll have to decide something about it.

I don’t know which doll to give to who! I have two mains. 😞 Curse you, Steam.

@Milk said in Mission Pass Season 11 includes ugly mixed revivals:

Oooh I wasn’t around for those socks, gimme! I like most of that stuff, especially the cute pigtails and the scarves!

I should have saved my SG 😞 I want those Wild Pigtails 😮

@YagyuChan said in Mission Pass Season 11 includes ugly mixed revivals:

@Milk said in Mission Pass Season 11 includes ugly mixed revivals:

I should have saved my SG 😞 I want those Wild Pigtails 😮

Me too! We should be able to get it without spending SG

I for one welcome any revival of past items... though I can only hope that we get ALL of the past items. As a player who started with steam, I'm still missing my absolute favorite cast set- the Lamia set. If revivals become a more frequent thing, then I've no issue with them being split up... but if revivals are going to be a rare thing that happens only a few times a year... they absolutely need to be revived in their entirety. Especially the first few mission pass seasons, which steam players still haven't ever been able to obtain in full. 😕

@Miraglyth So, "head-mount" doesn't mean that i can mount matois and luthers head on the wall in my quarters?

@Yggranya Unfortunately those head-mounts are plush dolls that sit on your character's head. On the original run of these accessories you could only get them to be equipped to one character but with a rerun this means those who got it the first time can now get a second which means every one of your characters can get a Luther or Matoi doll sitting on your head.

I do still worry that Gold 17 may force Season 4 players to choose only one of the two to account-bind, or newer players only one of the two to get in the first place. Season 5 set a really bad precedent for bringing back past-season content from different tiers into the same tier.

@VanillaLucia said in Mission Pass Season 11 includes ugly mixed revivals:

@Yggranya Unfortunately those head-mounts are plush dolls that sit on your character's head.

Now that is dissapointing. Would have been nice to start a collection of trophies on my wall. Hah! Now that's funny.