Better Camera Options

The Camera makes getting serious about melee combat an absolute nightmare, since 90% of the time you can't see anything, as either the boss is sitting on the camera, your character is inside the boss, or you get blindsided from off-camera because the FoV is horrible.

Fixed Camera has plenty of options, but the Fixed nature makes it borderline useless for gameplay, can we at least have a second Regular Camera that we can apply Fixed Camera options to?

If bigger changes are on the table, it'd be nice if the Lock-On camera was much friendlier to the sudden movements of your target jerking the camera around, expanding the FoV and enabling a buffer zone so the boss can move about on screen without changing the camera. Or some dedicated orbital cameras when locking onto bigger targets to ensure yourself and the target are always in frame.

@blazinvire Trust me, people are going to come here and tell you to get used to it. How one gets used to a terrible system is beyond me. I'm not sure if you are aware, but terrible camera seems to be a staple of game designing. Nobody has really tried improving it, not by much anyway. Like many thing in gaming, it is what it is.

if you ask me they would've been better off using the camera system from the old pso for GameCube

@Yggranya said in Better Camera Options:

@blazinvire Trust me, people are going to come here and tell you to get used to it. How one gets used to a terrible system is beyond me. I'm not sure if you are aware, but terrible camera seems to be a staple of game designing. Nobody has really tried improving it, not by much anyway. Like many thing in gaming, it is what it is.

Our MMO isn't tab target like WoW, FFXIV or Guild Wars 2. (Yes, Guild Wars 2 is Tab Target. Turn off "Target Promotion." Or whatever the "Target closest enemy when attacking with no target" is.)

Someone was working on a first person mod for the game. But I can't remember if they finished it or not.

@coldreactive In GW2, everything gets covered by all the effects so you can't see anything regardless. Can't react to boss attacks when it's drowned by a light show that makes the sun jealous. Not really a camera issue, but it still sucks.

@blazinvire The camera options in this game are hot motherfucking garbage. It's bad enough the extra camera options are basically hidden behind a paywall, you'd think at least one of them would be useful.

+1, i hope that NGS has more camera options:D