Br/Ph might not be for you if you don't learn to play Br properly

@Kodiakmax-101 said in Br/Ph might not be for you if you don't learn to play Br properly:

@VanillaLucia Somebody shared a YT video showing a Phantom taking almost 4 minutes to kill a Rockbear on UH. That showed me just how big the jump in difficulty is going to be. It was awesome to watch but the enemies are tanky AF and hit like tanks, too. I can only compare it to trying to solo an Ultimate at minimal level with low rare, unground equipment. It may be possible but it will depend on skill.

Link it please!

@RainGnyu Sorry, I don't even remember which thread it was in, it has been a couple weeks.

I'm going Br/Et personally.

I've done my time with Br/Ra, it's served me well, but frankly I'm willing to give up a little extra DPS for some more survivability, and the thought that I never have to play Ranger again. I'm sure there are plenty of Ranger mains out there that love the class but...

Sweet Jesus, PSO2 is the first time I've played an online Phantasy Star that I didn't like playing Ranger. Never having to level that class again is reason enough for me to be excited for Etoille.

@Blade-Syphon That's fine actually. Br/Et is great for bow bravers and if anything, you gain tankiness which is the opposite of the problem brought up by OP about Katana bravers.

@Milk said in Br/Ph might not be for you if you don't learn to play Br properly:

It’s about to get even harder, they have to learn.

I'm afraid that at this point it's unlikely that we will ever see a vote kick function with NGS coming in a few months, we can only hope that expert matching is released asap else nothing will change.

I don't expect everyone to be as pedantic as an hardcore player, but I can't stand afkers/leechers.

@VanillaLucia The problem is that the game was pretty casual up until Esca rematch, where a single person dying 5 times could screw up a run for everyone.

I can understand why people complained about Phaleg, since it was the first fight that required more than facetanking and I'm honestly surprised that Madness & Phantasms didn't rise more complaints than the optional content, given that it's a requirement for expert matching to S-Rank it.

I expect more complaints when UH is released, even more if expert matching comes to NA, seeing that Persona's UQ DPS check is often failed, with half of the people dying subsequently.

I've played several online games and this is the one with the least amount of toxicity and an helpful community that doesn't bash on new players/casuals, but some players are oversensitive over tips/suggestions/criticism and makes me wonder what they'd do in games like archeage where they'd be met with "carebear" labels and such.

"Elitism", at the moment, doesn't apply to this game and JP vets do not deserve to be called toxic elitists: in MS2, for example, KR vets used to hide informations for personal gain, here it never happened.

Anyway, we'll see soon enough what will happen.

What wrong with being a CareBear?

I think some JP veterans want to save NA green horns from the headache they went though when In fact that exactly what we are looking for. We want the headache and hard times because it makes the game more satisfying, more rewarding. Let us ask for help when we get flustered. Let us pretend you (JP) have not already played the game. Let us pretend you not bragging about what you know and have gone through the same struggles we have but persevered.

Let us have our own experiences! We call you when we need you!

@condor said in Br/Ph might not be for you if you don't learn to play Br properly:

I've played several online games and this is the one with the least amount of toxicity and an helpful community that doesn't bash on new players/casuals, but some players are oversensitive over tips/suggestions/criticism and makes me wonder what they'd do in games like archeage where they'd be met with "carebear" labels and such.

I agree with this, I honestly find the lack of feedback strange sometimes. People simply say nothing in this game. A player could cost the whole group a run and it’s just silence, a player could single handedly save the run by reviving everyone and again it’s just silence. I think a lot of games take it too far, of course, but the fear to even mention “hey don’t do that” is so strong that people probably go through the game never questioning anything until the content becomes “too hard”, it’s frustrating.

I don’t even know where the fear comes from, on similar casual-friendly, helpful communities on ffxiv, gw2 and tos people will still speak up. It’s like people simply don’t know how to go about it in this game.

Ultra Hard falls into the very definition of artificial difficulty which many other MMOs fall victim to. Ultra Hard is mechanically no different to Extremely hard or any other difficulty for that matter as all it does is increase enemy health and increase damage the player takes. So if you can dodge or block properly most of the time (or use Etoile as a main or subclass) you should be fine.

"Br/Ph might not be for you if you don't learn to play Br properly"

i bet this topic kinda triggers a couple of people who just wanna play with their friends even if they suck hard at playing this game...if i tell that to one of my guys they are going to beat me to death...idk about others but im kinda in a "i dont care anymore" mood as NG is a around the corner and people just wanna enjoy their last weeks of playing the old version...i was one of the "tryhards" who complained if a little guy joined who just leeched off his ass doing nth - or staying on ground 24/7 because he doesn know what hes doing or his build was just bad or he couldn dodge a long animated skill that told you in advance "dodge now" but he still dies ... i think its kinda rude and disrespectful in a "for fun game" to tell others they suck hardcore and should play something else unless they spend the rest of their life to "l2p"

@NotWhoUThink said in Br/Ph might not be for you if you don't learn to play Br properly:

Ultra Hard falls into the very definition of artificial difficulty which many other MMOs fall victim to. Ultra Hard is mechanically no different to Extremely hard or any other difficulty for that matter as all it does is increase enemy health and increase damage the player takes.

Not really, UH mobs and ultralized bosses are definitely more aggressive and have more varying attacks. They're not just increased stats. EQ bosses are pretty much just that though.

@VanillaLucia

That mining defense story hits me hard. Part of the reason I don't run mining anymore (was doing very hard to spam for tier missions,) is specifically because there are people who will see my high level hero with okay gear and expect me to carry. I did but still got salt to the face because I couldn't manage to keep all towers up.

The only other salt I got thrown my way was a run back on Yamato by a guy who ate most of the deaths and then told people "L2P trash" to the party. But I'm sure he was just frustrated and not attacking me specifically.

Remember PSO and PSU? Remember how it didn't have ANY of this? I sure do. Too many games foster this "elitist" mentality and it just creates discourse within a game's community. Let's go back to the day where we would just casually kill things, hunt items, and just chat and have a good time.

I can't say anything about PSU, but PSO1 had the elitist mentality, too. On BB at least and it got even worse on private servers as years progressed. Tbh, the "elitism" here is pretty tame compared to PSO1 and other different western community games.