Transfer Augment(s) frustration

I'm trying to use this option to transfer some S-Grade augments like "Life Steal" from the Atlas Alz weapon we were given to my existing Atlas EX Valua katana. I know that using the "Transfer Augment(s) is supposed to be the easy way, but I'm still confused.

I'm extremely confused with the order.

It asks me for the first weapon and I choose the Atlas EX Valua that I want the S-Grade augments to go onto. Then I choose the Atlas Alz EX that I want to pull them from. On the next screen it doesn't show the S-Grade Augments as an option to transfer over.

If I do it the opposite way and choose the Atlas Ex Alz first, it gives me the options to pull over the S-Grade Augments, but it looks like it's going to put them back onto the Atlas Alz for some reason. Not sure why I'd want to do that since they're already there.

Neither order seems to get my augments from the Atlas Ex Alz to the Atlas Ex Valua.

If someone could explain this, I'd appreciate it very much.

Thanks.

You don't use the "Transfer Augment(s)" option for S-grade Augments, you use the "Transfer S-grade Augment" option below it.

pso20201203_133809_000.png

"Transfer Augment(s)" will allow you to move normal augments from one item to another, and uses the Augment Transfer Passes; "Transfer S-grade Augment" will allow you to swap S-grade augments between items, and normally only has a meseta cost.

Thanks for a fast response as always @AndrlCh
However, I was avoiding that one because it seemed even more confusing. I've watched youtube videos about this multiple times and still have no idea how to transfer s-grade using that option. In that case I have this question.

When I choose THAT option it asks for a first weapon that I want to transfer to, then asks for a second weapon that I want to transfer to. I only want to transfer to ONE weapon.

Why does it want me to transfer to two? I always get partway through that and give up.

@Natty-Boh-man Okay, so basically, the way that it works is that the two items you pick will have their S-grade augments put into a pool together that you can then distribute as you see fit.

So here is the process:

Pick 1st item; this can be either weapon:

pso20201203_134658_000.png

Pick 2nd item, this can be either weapon:

pso20201203_134707_001.png

Now, you get to pick which S-grade augments go on the first item; as you can see, the S-grade augments from both items are available:

pso20201203_134735_003.png

pso20201203_134744_004.png

Now, since you cannot increase the number of slots when doing an augment transfer, that means that any normal augments that are replaced by the S-grade are lost:

pso20201203_134748_005.png

Then you go to the other item, and any remaining augments can be assigned (if we had had multiple S2s and S3s, then they could have been placed here), and since this was a straight transfer of S-grades from one weapon to another rather than a trading, then the second item loses its second slot since there is no augment to fill it:

pso20201203_134755_006.png

And that's it.

@Natty-Boh-man said in Transfer Augment(s) frustration:

Thanks for a fast response as always @AndrlCh
However, I was avoiding that one because it seemed even more confusing. I've watched youtube videos about this multiple times and still have no idea how to transfer s-grade using that option. In that case I have this question.

When I choose THAT option it asks for a first weapon that I want to transfer to, then asks for a second weapon that I want to transfer to. I only want to transfer to ONE weapon.

Why does it want me to transfer to two? I always get partway through that and give up.

The first weapon is the "target" weapon and the second weapon is essentially the donor weapon. You pick all of the valid and capable SSA's you want and then the remaining abilities/augments that will be left intact (any excess are destroyed) and then on the donor weapon you pick what abilities and SSA's still exist. If you have compatible abilities, you can swap SSA's this way (which could have been more intuitive) but otherwise the donor weapon will lose a slot and will be downslotted as a result.

Thanks @AndrlCh and @VanillaLucia . I've heard that you can transfer S-grade augments without them disappearing from the donor weapon, but is that really true? (People have said that you can keep the Atlas EX Alz around and keep transferring the S-grade "Life Steal" to other weapons for instance)

It seems like it will go away from the donor weapon if I perform this process.

You will lose it every time you transfer it out via the S-Class Ability Transfer/S-Grade Augment Transfer menu. However, because it is a Special Ability Factor (ability unlocked at +35 that is an innate special ability) you can always affix it back onto the weapon. This means that you can always affix S4: Lifesteal from the Atlas Alz or the Atlas EX Alz as long as you have fodder to affix it with. Instead of doing this to the Atlas EX weapon you can create a spare Atlas weapon (if you have the stone) so you can still keep the Atlas EX as a usable weapon and relegate the Atlas Alz instead as being your source of S4: Lifesteal. With resources available, you can category-change the weapon to something else if you wanted other S4 abilities to be generating as well.

This is among the same reasons why Astral Soul is a very big deal on Ray/Union weapons as Astral Soul is their Special Ability Factor so you can always upslot them and affix Astral Soul no matter what.

Interesting! Thanks for the information. That makes perfect sense now.