why is meseta selling RMT bad

ps02 meseta is given for free in game why is selling meseta bad when other players still will pay with real money for the meseta.

Because it unbalances the game economy and because people that aren't Sega are profiting off something that by all rights belongs to Sega. You probably wouldn't like it much if you generously gave someone something for free and then they turned around and sold it for a profit, and you shouldn't expect Sega, a business, to like it either.

@Vexation if player will pay with real money , sega should make their own Meseta packs and sell it.

That would be a possible solution, but if you could just buy meseta with real money then the game would no longer be free to play and would be very much so pay to win. If I throw enough money at it I could buy any weapons and gear I wanted. By limiting the meseta to what I earn, I must work for everything I have. That makes the game rewarding for many players, and gives people who don't have a lot of real money to throw around a fair chance at the game as well. Real money being used for cosmetics and convenience while meseta is free keeps this a free to play game, while still allowing the company to make money.

the main reason before anything is that it is untaxable and unregulated income. It's illegal for a company let players do this and they face legal ramifications for not keeping it in check. No you can't sell meseta, just farm

Furthermore "buying meseta packs" is the type of pay to win laziness we don't need thank you

@SuperND420 I agree to that fully, I played other online games that allow RMT of some form and basically it kills the F2P side and causes both hyperinflation along with a toxic player base.

there's another thing, Sega should not sell meseta ever, other games that had done that the economy of the game ended in shambles to the point that only whales can buy stuff from other players, yes RMT are a plague for online games but some of the solutions to stop then can cause even more damage that they can.

The only good example I can think of for games selling ingame currency is GW2, because the ratio of $ to gold makes it so you can’t get rich quick, also they allow F2P players to sell their gold for cash shop currency so everyone can obtain everything. The economy was never ruined by this but this is absolutely the exception to the rule and I have no idea how it even worked.

Players selling meseta opens up a whole can of worms, for reasons people mentioned but also not everyone obtained that meseta legally. It could be from duping or other fraudulent means. You think the people doing some honest grinding are the ones selling 100m meseta for a nickel? No I wouldn’t trust that at all.

@Milk said in why is meseta selling RMT bad:

The only good example I can think of for games selling ingame currency is GW2

The Game Masters and staff of that game will artificially inject currency to balance out the exchange rate. I single-handidly caused the price of GEMs <> In-game money to go down by spending a few hundred dollars once on it. (I wish I hadn't, but it exposed them.) At the time, servers were still relatively split in comparison to now. But the exchange rate almost immediately reset back to what it was before I crashed the exchange system, within just a couple hours. (And I don't mean over time either, the exchange rate just SUDDENLY JUMPED all at once back to what it was.)

This means, they have someone ready and waiting in case a crash happens to make sure it's almost immediately fixed to certain exchange rates so that they don't lose money, ever.

@coldreactive said in why is meseta selling RMT bad:

@Milk said in why is meseta selling RMT bad:

The only good example I can think of for games selling ingame currency is GW2

The Game Masters and staff of that game will artificially inject currency to balance out the exchange rate. I single-handidly caused the price of GEMs <> In-game money to go down by spending a few hundred dollars once on it. (I wish I hadn't, but it exposed them.) At the time, servers were still relatively split in comparison to now. But the exchange rate almost immediately reset back to what it was before I crashed the exchange system, within just a couple hours. (And I don't mean over time either, the exchange rate just SUDDENLY JUMPED all at once back to what it was.)

This means, they have someone ready and waiting in case a crash happens to make sure it's almost immediately fixed to certain exchange rates so that they don't lose money, ever.

That makes a lot more sense. I spent a lot of money on outright buying my legendary back then(couldn’t finish the pvp portion, was so close!) and the price bounced back immediately for me too. I remember back at game’s launch you could afford a character slot for silver, it was that cheap. The market is still fair but it’s higher now that people have had time to earn gold.

No way PSO2 would have the staff for this, and since I’ve never seen this succeed anywhere else shows it’s not possible for most games.

Yup, so selling meseta is just a bad idea all the way around for many reasons. Making meseta in this game is easy. Not fast perhaps, but easy all the same.

• Weekly missions on each character. You get three for free.
  • Client Orders
  • Yerkes client orders
  • Running missions of any kind really but especially extreme quests.
  • The game literally rains triboosts to increase your meseta earnings upon you
  • Player shop (I have several of the personal shop tickets from fun scratch. It might take a bit but you can get them)

Not fast like I said. Game makes you work for it a bit, but none of it is particularly hard.

@Golden_Syrup said in why is meseta selling RMT bad:

@Vexation if player will pay with real money , sega should make their own Meseta packs and sell it.

You can already buy meseta from SEGA, just buy AC scratch tickets and sell the items you get on the player market. It's more expensive than what bots advertise though, but you can't expect SEGA to crash their prices just to match bots that don't have to pay for the server infrastructure.