Bruh.. WTF every single god damn BOT has BOOM spam now

@Vexation said in Bruh.. WTF every single god damn BOT has BOOM spam now:

@Milk I will make myself run it eventually for the SG but it's still tedious and jumps all around. At least episode 5 was cohesive and told a story. Episode one seems to be a hodgepodge of nonsense tossed together. I will do episode 6 though cause now I wanna know what's happening with Shiva.

Once I wrapped my head around the time travel thing it started to make at least some sense. Also, you might try it again, now after every Xion appearance Alma has a scene where she kind of ties things together. I learned new things from these new scenes. If you've completed any of those scenes previously they will show up in the list as unplayed but with the completed symbol marked.

@Milk said in Bruh.. WTF every single god damn BOT has BOOM spam now:

@NotWhoUThink

Yeaaah I wasn’t expecting it either, it’s like they toned down the lewd from the game but then replaced it with gore. I really enjoyed it, though. The anime made me care about Afin.

Replacing things with gore improves everything. Too bad we can't get an option to turn blood and gore on in-game. Mmm, would make fighting more fun. Really, all games that are about fighting and killing should show, not just tell.

@Yggranya

I agree, I’d really enjoy that option. I love horror and fighting games, it would make our heroic journey feel a lot more grim.

@NotWhoUThink

It made a lot more sense why we swat enemies like flies, we’re chosen ones and the other ARKS sure aren’t. I liked that dark twist, it made me understand Theodore a lot better too.

@Yggranya I mean I'd love that too but falspawn don't really bleed nor do the robots, and we fight the falspawn a lot so a good chunk of the gore would be on the Arks operatives which considering SEGA tried to make this game rated T I don't ever see them trying to increase the gore in future games.

@Milk I guess but even certain enemies were much bigger in the anime which made them a lot more intimidating and deadly.

There's only one solution to this. And it's to

https://youtu.be/xMHANUJD5NQ?t=162

@GM-Deynger said in Bruh.. WTF every single god damn BOT has BOOM spam now:

@DishSoap said in Bruh.. WTF every single god damn BOT has BOOM spam now:

I feel like this could be avoid if they just add an option to turn it off. Like a giant check box for chat effects would be nice.

Hi all. I'm passing along the sentiment contained in this thread as well as this suggestion. Thank you for sharing!

If we could get a search bar for haircuts, accessories, etc. too that would be lovely.

@GM-Deynger said in Bruh.. WTF every single god damn BOT has BOOM spam now:

I feel like this could be avoid if they just add an option to turn it off. Like a giant check box for chat effects would be nice.

Hi all. I'm passing along the sentiment contained in this thread as well as this suggestion. Thank you for sharing!

If we could get a search bar for haircuts, accessories, etc. too that would be lovely.

https://bumped.org/pso2na/fashion-database/pso2-na-male-outfits/

Option for female too. I scroll through this. Unless it's SG it should be searchable using the full name which this provides. It's not a complete list, but it's the best one I've found.

@Milk Grim? Well, i guess... On the other hand, it would make it a lot more fun for me.

@NotWhoUThink I know that most games try to sell themselves to children (heh), but is sexing everything up OK then? Cause that is what the game basically is for many people, and i didn't even need to go look for it.

I don't actually care about that, i'm just wondering why blood and gore is worse than, more or less, naked people shaking their asses in plain view.

@Yggranya I brought that up because in many countries violence is extremely stigmatized more so than sex itself in videogames, there are a few exceptions like the US where it's the opposite with violence generally being okay but sex isn't but that circumstance is actually not the norm. SEGA would be unlikely to add gore for just a few countries especially when that gore would be coming from mostly humanoids. I'm not saying it would be impossible for them to add it but just that the chances would likely be so low that'd it probably fall below the 1% percent threshold of happening. I too would love for them to add more violence but due to the political state of basically everything right now and people's general stance on videogames it just doesn't seem possible as both sex and violence are both high bones of contention in a lot of places.

I wouldn't like more violence personally. I also think it could tone down on the slutty outfits. But that's just one opinion of many I suppose.

I want it like the anime, a much more life or death feeling to the game. I’d also like the NPCs to be a little more covered up? I’m sorry but I couldn’t take the Sword Maiden seriously when she’s standing in a bra, come on now. Like not out of some prudishness, per say, just that it breaks the immersion for me. Oddly enough I don’t mind the skimpier outfits in the lobby but I want story cutscenes to feel a certain way.

Going back to the "complete episode 1 to chat" suggestion, not only would that inconvenience those that don't care for the optional story, but the people running the bots would just implement a way for them to cheese through the story quests, most likely by using cheats to go out of bounds where enemies cannot touch them. They'll find a way to bypass nProtect GameGuard somehow.

All I can suggest is done personally is that a chat filter is implemented that's more dynamic than the one built into the client already and is done server-side. That way GMs can add words to the filter on-the-fly without requiring a client update.

From there, some sort of chat shadowban system can be implemented where if a bot hits too many words on the filter too often then their chat is hidden from all other players other than themselves. The problem with that though is that you need to ensure that real players don't trigger that filter too, and the bot owners will have methods to bypass the filter b changing the contents of their messages.

@NotWhoUThink said in Bruh.. WTF every single god damn BOT has BOOM spam now:

@Yggranya I brought that up because in many countries violence is extremely stigmatized more so than sex itself in videogames, there are a few exceptions like the US where it's the opposite with violence generally being okay but sex isn't but that circumstance is actually not the norm. SEGA would be unlikely to add gore for just a few countries especially when that gore would be coming from mostly humanoids. I'm not saying it would be impossible for them to add it but just that the chances would likely be so low that'd it probably fall below the 1% percent threshold of happening. I too would love for them to add more violence but due to the political state of basically everything right now and people's general stance on videogames it just doesn't seem possible as both sex and violence are both high bones of contention in a lot of places.

Really, i know, but it would just be fun for me so any excuse is good enough. I also know that they wouldn't even add an optional version where you choose if you want to have it on or not, because that would still make them need to change the age limit to adult. Of course i don't believe that actually stop people from buying them and playing them, but at least certain kind of random adults with a chip on their shoulder don't have an excuse to go nuts about it.

But yeah, that's enough of that. Someone should try to get the thread back on topic. I still don't believe anything will be done about bots. Nothing has ever been done about it, and i doubt that will change. Bots don't matter as long as the botters aren't punished, and since you can't get people to fall for RMT too many times without people actually getting a return for their money, i doubt they punish either of the participants. They say they do, but that's all BS. This is true for all "game as a service" games.