Trailblazer Sword Dimexion Question

I'm confused as to what exactly the Augment Factor for the Trailblazer Sword Dimexion does. The in-game description and the wiki description seem to suggest 2 different things. The in-game description seems to suggest that the potency boost only applies to the stats boosts due to the augments. But the wiki description says that the potency boost applies to the entire MEL PWR of the weapon. So what exactly does the S1: Melee Amp Augment Factor on the Trailblazer Sword Dimexion do?

It applies purely to the MEL-Pwr added through Augments.

So basically, if you augment 60-115 MEL-Pwr you get a 1% damage boost, if you augment 120-175 MEL-Pwr you get a 2% damage boost, if you augment 180-195 MEL-Pwr you get a 3% damage boost, and if you augment 200+ MEL-Pwr you get a 5% damage boost.

Probably should've worded my original post differently to prevent my own confusion. So if I'm understanding you correctly, putting +200 MEL-Pwr on the weapon with S1: Melee Amp will be the equivalent of having +210 Mel-Pwr.

@Tec-9-IceFox said in Trailblazer Sword Dimexion Question:

Probably should've worded my original post differently to prevent my own confusion. So if I'm understanding you correctly, putting +200 MEL-Pwr on the weapon with S1: Melee Amp will be the equivalent of having +210 Mel-Pwr.

The "potency" is more of a multiplier on your overall damage if you take into account all of your other multipliers (for instance Perfect Attack Bonus,Stance Bonuses, Extra Conditional Bonuses, and then your Weapon Bonus). I cannot think of the exact numbers but I can quickly write it out as the following using the Hunter as an example:

1.20 (Fury Stance) x 1.05 (Fury Stance Up 1) x 1.05 (Fury Stance Up 2) x 1.10 (Perfect Fury Bonus) x 1.10 (Perfect Attack Bonus 1) x 1.10 (Perfect Attack Bonus 2) x 1.05 (Potency Bonuses)

All of these multipliers stack so your weapons "200 MEL" damage contributes to being part of your base MEL damage which ends up being fed into these multipliers and the extra multiplier at the the end. If you affixed for critical rate and critical damage this will go up even higher if you can max out your critical rate.

Without the potency bonus the Hunter (assuming Fury Stance) with the perfect attack bonuses and the likes would have about a 1.76x multiplier for damage. With this potency bonus from having a Lightstream/Trailblazer weapon with at least 200 ATK of its relevant type affixed to it (and the relevant S1 ability), it becomes about 1.84x or 1.85x.

@VanillaLucia Well I'm not sure I'm completely understanding everything you're saying there (which is not your fault, btw. The game should be explaining this to me. I shouldn't have to ask people on the forums.) I guess what I'm actually wanting to know is which of the following sets of augments will do more damage?

Set 1: Might VI, Modulator, Sentence Triple, Astral Soul, Grand Might, Mastery IV

Set 2: Might VI, Modulator, Sentence Triple, Astral Soul, Grand Might, S1: Melee Amp

(BTW, I'm currently playing as Hero if that makes any difference.)

From what I quickly calculated:

Set 1:

• MEL Power +220
  • RNG Power +115
  • TEC Power +115
  • PP +10
  • HP +55
  • DEX +55
  • MEL Defense +55
  • RNG Defense +55
  • TEC Defense +55

Set 2:

• MEL Power +200

• RNG Power +95

• TEC Power +95

• PP +10

• HP +55

• DEX +35

• MEL Defense +35

• RNG Defense +35

• TEC Defense +35

• S1: Melee Amp

• Additional 1% Potency per MEL Power (3%)

• Additional 2% for 200 MEL Power (2%)

In the context of sheer raw damage, your multipliers for the Hero will look like the following:

• Hero Boost (60%)
  • Hero Weapon Bonus 1 (150%)
  • Hero Weapon Bonus 2 (150%)
  • Hero Attack Bonus (120%)
  • S1: Melee Amp Bonus (105%)

So your total damage multiplier with a maxed out Hero Boost (in the context of Global right now) would normally be about 4.32x (432% Damage). With the Melee Amp Bonus you should have instead 4.53x (453.6% Damage) as your damage multiplier. This is substantially larger than what Mastery IV could ever offer as its +20 points does not match this 20% increase.

If we were to put a random number to it (say about 2100 or something along those lines for your "ATK" stat) you would have something like "9072" damage with Set 1. Using Set 2, you would have "9513" damage instead which may not seem all that different but would become noticeable when you go under the effects of Shifta, a maxed Critical Rate, and boosting Critical Damage further.

Ok. I don't even know for sure if I'm going to build the sword, but now I know what to put on it if I do. Thank you so much.

This game heavily favors multipliers so if you ever get the chance to stack on more they will always be greater than the flat stats you can get. This is largely why the S-Class Special Abilities focusing on the damage look so minuscule (2-5% doesn't look like much at first glance) but when you compare it to your affixes of about 150-200 ATK (which on a Mag 200 points is close to about 4-5% damage in terms of raw numbers if you had no multipliers to account for) it really does add up if you do the math.