Force/Phantom help needed

Ok so I am preparing for the upcoming Phantom release. I have decided upon full Trailblazer set for Armor( I just got my first piece 8 slotted and augmented this morning). But what Rod weapon should I be shooting for? The 200 sp part I've got covered easily via augments. Shoot for what else in priority? Tech power? Hp? Melee defense? Even more pp? Any other hints/advice?

If you are aiming for the Force you may want to consider the Atlas EX Rod which supports the Force (S4: Sustained Cycle which can be pulled from the Atlas Letra). If you pull the S4 from the Talis it reduces the cooldown you will have on Photon Flare (from 90 seconds to about 72 seconds).

Otherwise if it were me, personally, and if you already had the resources for it, I would consider simply building a Lightstream/Trailblazer Rod simply because you get to use it as both a Phantom and a Force user for the PP Battery capabilities (its potential restores all of your photon points once ever two minutes if you drop below a specific threshold) and because you have the ability to boost your damage even further if you invest into its S1 and affix accordingly to utilize it.

If you already have reached at least 200 Photon Points at minimum you can push for pushing your critical damage as much as possible because the Phantom (with the Critical Strike (R) ring) should be able to help push you into increasing your damage even further from there.

@VanillaLucia I have the ring already. Currently using the free Atlas Rod but I didn't make any changes to it. Overall the Trailblazer rod will be the best you think?

Those two are very close to each other right now and will be relevant together. I would consider them both like tools/options because Atlas EX is more customizable due to its S4 serving as a utility (for instance if you wanted Lifesteal, a slightly smaller cooldown for Photon Flare, more efficient Photon Arts, and that sort of thing) or if you wanted simply more "power" and utility from the Trailblazer weapons.

I feel there isn't a downside to having both because these are extremely difficult (as in limited) weapons to make and you can category-change them in the future if you decide you wanted to use them for something else. These particular weapons will hold up very well for Episode 6's end game as well even as you move up in power so I do believe you can go wrong with having either one or both.

Personal opinion, I have found the best option for Fo/Ph to be the Rivalate Rod with the Rivalate Gunblade's S5 (which should be available to create shortly after Episode 6 launches since Novels are in the Rising Badge 5 shop, and the threshold for the Unlocker via titles is lower on Global [and it might even be in the next Mission Pass]).

This is one of the only ways to give Fo/Ph a full 100+% critical rate without sacrificing S-slots on Skillful Adepts (natural 5%, 40% from 200PP on Phantom, 20% from Crit Strike ring, 20% from potential, and 20% from Gunblade's S5), and the S5 gives an additional 1% damage multiplier and Lifesteal on criticals. Additionally, barring some very good damage multiplier S1-S3s, its Redux potential just pushes it above Atlas EX's and Trailblazer's Redux potentials.

@AndrlCh said in Force/Phantom help needed:

Personal opinion, I have found the best option for Fo/Ph to be the Rivalate Rod with the Rivalate Gunblade's S5 (which should be available to create shortly after Episode 6 launches since Novels are in the Rising Badge 5 shop, and the threshold for the Unlocker via titles is lower on Global [and it might even be in the next Mission Pass]).

Off topic, but for some nice news, the next Mission Pass will have the Liberate Unlocker/Key Rivalrate (link here).

Thanks for input ppl. Sounds to me like I might just be forced to either build all 3 weapons (well 2 since got the free one) or just randomly pick one. Doesn't really seam to be a bad choice out of them.