How was your holiday?

I decided to do something different, Other than my usual ---Numbskullness? - xD Anyway..- Yah, I .. so like-

How was your Holiday? In the tradition of the Killing of the turkey, This year we decided to do something a little different. Instead of the Turkey, we had a traditional Prime Rib dinner. This year it was nice enough, that we were able to even invite our neighbours despite them making excuses that they could not come. a full house, leaving our worries behind that we may have had made too little food four everyone to eat.

• A full 12lb prime rib steak with AU jaus -
  • Country corn -Scalloped potatos -safron rice -3 bean casserole -sweet potatos -stuffing / with gravy - -Plus other dishes that our guests brought to the table! All this with warm Fresh dinner rolls.

For desert- Pumpkin pie- apple pie Tiramisu peach cobbler key lime NY cheesecake and baklava / Served ala mode on request.

That was our hoiliday dinner. How was yours? ❤

Sounds good! Covid has kind of ruined a lot of my plans. I couldn’t see my parents but this is the first year I’m a wife and my inlaws always welcomed me with open arms. We had a small gathering of just closest family with all the fixin’s! Turkey, stuffing, you get the idea. And I made a delicious cake! We just played Jackbox all night. It was a good evening.

Then I got home and played PSO2 some more. 😛

I don't celebrate it here in EU but I hope everyone had a good time 🙂

Hopefully any social gatherings were done in a safe manner. Tis a hard time to join family on holidays right now, with health precautions that should be followed due to pandemic.

You're inviting me over next year right?! That all sounds so goooood!

@Vexation said in How was your holiday?:

You're inviting me over next year right?! That all sounds so goooood!

ABSOLUTELY! - We'll make sure we reserve a spot for ya!

@Frathlir said in How was your holiday?:

Hopefully any social gatherings were done in a safe manner. Tis a hard time to join family on holidays right now, with health precautions that should be followed due to pandemic.

Yes, we took precautions, of course we had to wear masks, and we had to space out everyone, so that they could eat comfortably. I guess having a large home really comes in handy. So what we did as everyone arrived, we them wash up, we even went so far as to take thier tempature, and before they entered, to sanitise thier hands with sanitizer , and one extra step, some Lysol disenfecting spray.

holidays are shitty for me lately n.n;; got a crazy ass mother over here. thanksgiving was alright but later in the day she started saying my uncle an older brother stole a bottle of her whisky an her vape. mom drinks alot so she could have thought a bottle she already drank was stolen as she likes to blame others an not keep track of her own stuff.

@Frathlir said in How was your holiday?:

Yeah that’s why I couldn’t see my family. My husband and inlaws work together and we babysit his niece so we’re one tight household right now. I hope I can see my family in Easter but we’ll see.

@ShadowBlood89

Yikes that really sucks, I’m sorry. I’ve got crazy relatives too that like to turn holidays into wars at the table, never a dull moment right?

@Milk its just my mom thats makes holidays horrible

We didn't do our usual 'Orphan Thanksgiving' where we invite all our friends over who haven't got anywhere else to go or couldn't make it to family holidays 😞 this year it was just my brother and I and we had one friend over (in our 'bubble', socially distanced) and instead of turkey we had a spiral ham with all the usual sides followed by a phone call with mom during dessert.

Well we were going to go out to eat the day after as a kind of late celebration cause I get paid on Fridays. However, my hunny had to work and only had Thursday off so, I decided to just get some ham, and sweet potatoes at the grocery store... Welp, grocery store was closed so back to plan b which was find somewhere out to eat. Wound up at Cracker Barrell. Was a nice meal with my family and we didn't have too much crowding or long wait times due to the restaurant having opened up a drive thru line for Thanksgiving. Spent the rest of the day at home relaxing and hanging out together. Was nice. Though next year I wanna have a big meal that I cooked. This year I wasn't feeling it.