SuFi skill tree

I'm wondering why in every build i find for summoner fighter that nobody takes valiant critical but everyone says summoner is based around crit. would summoner not get a constant crit boost from this skill?

Braver is usually one of the best sub-classes for Summoner instead. You can't really control if a summoned pet hits from the front or side most of the time. Unless it's one of the shooting or melee/self-destruct pets you use yourself at your location. This is especially true if you hit something through something else (IE: Big Varder's parts can all be targeted through Big Varder's body, so there's no reason to actually go up onto it as summoner.)

@SourDiesel said in SuFi skill tree:

I'm wondering why in every build i find for summoner fighter that nobody takes valiant critical but everyone says summoner is based around crit. would summoner not get a constant crit boost from this skill?

People should be taking advantage of Valiant Critical now that we are at level 90.

@coldreactive said in SuFi skill tree:

Braver is usually one of the best sub-classes for Summoner instead. You can't really control if a summoned pet hits from the front or side most of the time. Unless it's one of the shooting or melee/self-destruct pets you use yourself at your location. This is especially true if you hit something through something else (IE: Big Varder's parts can all be targeted through Big Varder's body, so there's no reason to actually go up onto it as summoner.)

Braver is actually considered a meme subclass, and it does less damage (even if you hit the wrong end of the boss) then Su/Fi.

@coldreactive said in SuFi skill tree:

Braver is mostly a meme with Summoner, unless you use Rappy that really takes vantage of Braver buffs.

@SourDiesel the reason you mostly find Su/Fi builds don't invest into the critical bonus is because they aren't that reliable with Summoner for being bonus that only applies in specific positions, so they are left to be the last skills to invest what whatever points you still have remaining