Screwed out of loot in hilariously strange way

@Vexation said in Screwed out of loot in hilariously strange way:

@n_n said in Screwed out of loot in hilariously strange way:

To the people who moan about the leader restarting unlimited UQs too soon, how about you learn how to loot quicker? I'm on a trash PC, but I can loot everything in less than 5 secs and I have never had issues with losing loot or anything when playing with others who restart ASAP. Meanwhile, I've had randoms in my parties who can take up to 30 secs to finish looting. Ridiculous.

That's because some people have limited inventory/storage space. Meaning they have to mouse hover over each item, see what it is, see if it's worth picking up or not. That takes time.

I do this if it's a single run, but otherwise you should probably have 100 free storage slots at least between character+default, if you don't then you're likely hoarding a lot of stuff you won't use for ages and you could easily just put into a mule alt's storage or something. If even that isn't enough, you can spend 100 SG to get a month of SG storage, which'll get you 500 slots you can use to throw all your cosmetics/hoarded stuff inside, and you can still pull it out after your month expires, freeing up 400-500 slots among all your alts to store more stuff in that you'll access/sell/whatever more often.

Obviously it's still up to you/whoever else to join a party or not because of that, but missing out on party triboost+faster runs just because you only run with like 20 free inventory slots or something seems like a waste to me.

@Vexation said in Screwed out of loot in hilariously strange way:

To the people who moan about the leader restarting unlimited UQs too soon, how about you learn how to loot quicker? I'm on a trash PC, but I can loot everything in less than 5 secs and I have never had issues with losing loot or anything when playing with others who restart ASAP. Meanwhile, I've had randoms in my parties who can take up to 30 secs to finish looting. Ridiculous.

That's because some people have limited inventory/storage space. Meaning they have to mouse hover over each item, see what it is, see if it's worth picking up or not. That takes time.

1. Fix your storage problem before the UQ.
  2. Manage your inventory while running to the next spawn or during some sort of downtime/waiting period within the quest.

There's no excuse to be taking so long to loot and expecting others to wait such a long time before being "allowed" to start the next run in unlimited UQs.

I'm one of those party leaders who always waits for slow people to finish looting, but I think I will stop that soon (for UQs with no run limit) because it usually costs the party an extra run. These slow looters need to learn the lesson that the world shouldn't have to wait for them due to their continued incompetence and unwillingness to properly prepare beforehand.

I autoloot the rainbow rares but still manually pick up eggs, it should be able to be done in ten seconds or less but the problem is unless you pay for extra inventory space like I do your inventory fills up extremely fast even just doing the UQ.

I have a couple alts I didn’t buy inventory space for so I spam grabbing anything red or discs and after I’ve hit accept again on the ship I’ll take a couple seconds to turn anything useful into excubes, once I’m in the room waiting with the group I do another lookover and put stuff into storage. This cuts down on my gather time so I always get the extra run.

Or I could simply be the one to drop the beacon and whoever doesn't want to wait can simply drop and go back to lobby as I'm likely to switch to another character for repeatable urgents.

You can't assume everyone has 150 inventory (I know I do and it helps alot) - it is more realistic to assume people are f2p and have the default 50 for loot picking. I rarely join parties for multi-run urgents unless there is only enough time for one last run.

@CalvinaCoulange said in Screwed out of loot in hilariously strange way:

Or I could simply be the one to drop the beacon and whoever doesn't want to wait can simply drop and go back to lobby as I'm likely to switch to another character for repeatable urgents.

If you do this, I think people will appreciate if you put "one run" or something in the beacon message so they aren't waiting for you to restart the urgent.

The "50 inventory spaces" is kinda a poor excuse... at least with our recent unlimited UQs, anyway. I don't know what EP6 will bring us because that is all new to me. Maybe the end crystal requires "150" spaces then, but right now you don't even need 100.

The current seasonal UQ and the previous one were 100% doable with 50 slots, yet people would take 20+ seconds to finish looting. Properly setting up your inventory before the UQ and not carrying stuff you aren't using will go a long way. Also, accidentally hit 50/50? Instantly highlight everything and deposit it. Don't stand there and examine each item one-by-one that you picked up to decide if it's worth keeping. >.<

The amount of people replying to me to tell me to fix my storage issues. Sheesh. I am not the one with a storage issue. I have premium and an extra ten inventory slots and I keep the amount of stuff on me to like 20 or less at any given time. I don't have an issue looting quickly. I grab everything red and go. Then I toss it all into storage on the ship and when I'm done running I sort through it all later. I am however not a jerk so I understand that other people will take longer to loot than me. We all do things at different paces. If you have no patience for other people than you are quite frankly, part of the problem. Either show consideration for others or don't play games with other people. Expecting everyone to bend around what you want is pretty stuck up.

You're getting replies because the excuse you laid out for these people is pretty poor. Nothing is stopping them from fixing their storage before the UQ except for the fact that they are lazy and/or forgetful. As for inventory, they can almost instantly highlight everything in their inventory and deposit all of it (except worn things) to the storage.

Also, in some ways we are kinda forced to party with others because global people are overly obsessed with their boosts from it and sometimes will actually leave the MPA during the countdown if no one joins them or their party isn't completely full. If I had my way, I would not be partying up with randoms-- especially in unlimited run UQs.

Wait you can highlight inventory? I don’t know how with a controller, I do everything one at a time.

I dunno how with a controller either. I use a keyboard but on a keyboard it's the shift key. Hold shift - click the first item - scroll to the bottom click the last item then click any of the items and "deposit to storage" Maybe controller has similar keys and you can sus it out from there? Not sure.

@Milk said in Screwed out of loot in hilariously strange way:

Wait you can highlight inventory? I don’t know how with a controller, I do everything one at a time.

For default control setting, you hold down "right trigger" on the 1st item and then just hold the "up button." It'll highlight everything in that tab.

@Milk said in Screwed out of loot in hilariously strange way:

For default control setting, you hold down "right trigger" on the 1st item and then just hold the "up button." It'll highlight everything in that tab.

Bless you, you’re a lifesaver! I hate sorting my storage one at a time.

@Milk You can use the same trick when appraising, too. Makes it much faster. You can select everything in the tab and it will ID them in batches of ten. I had played for months before I caught a loading screen hint for this.

Honestly just dodge partying up if you want to loot in peace in multiple attempt UQs since nobody should be forced to party or hurry up on looting. I am getting to this point where it is easier to blocklist people forcing partying on others then getting toxic when I wanna be alone than it is to conform myself to what they want.

@Kodiakmax-101

Thanks! I can’t believe I’m still learning things like this about the game, feels like I’ll never know everything.