Screwed out of loot in hilariously strange way

@Milk You're not "lowering any drop rates" that person was completely dumb, they are talking about that unnoticeable drop rate boost. that for some reason idiots think is a 300% boost or giving it far more value than it actually has.

I too only party with my alliance or friends since i actually trust them (mostly) as i said earlier, just ignore them, because trying to reason with them just ends up making your head hurt because they more or less are angry you make your own decisions. and will attempt to throw guilt-trip attempts at you. Some people are children mentally or actually.

It got to a point that any dumb ass who makes too big a deal and starts raging that you don't do what they tell you I just straight up block them. This isn't the first game i've played where people get mad you aren't a push over.

@Astral-Lettie said in Screwed out of loot in hilariously strange way:

@Milk You're not "lowering any drop rates" that person was completely dumb, they are talking about that unnoticeable drop rate boost. that for some reason idiots think is a 300% boost or giving it far more value than it actually has.

I too only party with my alliance or friends since i actually trust them (mostly) as i said earlier, just ignore them, because trying to reason with them just ends up making your head hurt because they more or less are angry you make your own decisions. and will attempt to throw guilt-trip attempts at you. Some people are children mentally or actually.

It got to a point that any dumb ass who makes too big a deal and starts raging that you don't do what they tell you I just straight up block them. This isn't the first game i've played where people get mad you aren't a push over.

Oh that’s what they were harassing us for? I had no idea what they were going on about, the map was only half full so I was using an AI in the meantime and it just pissed this person right the hell off. I can’t believe people can be so childish. I’ll start blocking the extra toxic from now on, I made the mistake of assuming people can be reasoned with but it just backfires.

@Astral-Lettie said in Screwed out of loot in hilariously strange way:

For EXP and levelling up I can see why it is important but to have 40% more chance at a rare drop which btw is like 0.4% actually since the RNG is random I cannot stand such people and they will end up seeing my blocklist eventually to prevent it happening in the future.

@YagyuChan Yeah, the only reason I drop or join a beacon is for Exp and what littleMeseta it will bring, the RDR is there and it trips a rare 'yay' but you'll never really know if it did. The Exp you can see when the boss drops.

I really wonder how much the boosts really end up being. I've been loaded up with 250% RDR, 50% from daily, who knows what from premium 20k drink and a hundred or two from event boosts. I know how RNG works, so I don't expect something every time.

However, I'm thinking if the base drop rate is low enough, maybe 500% boost still doesn't end up being all that high.

500% of almost nothing still may be almost nothing.

@Natty-Boh-man said in Screwed out of loot in hilariously strange way:

I really wonder how much the boosts really end up being. I've been loaded up with 250% RDR, 50% from daily, who knows what from premium 20k drink and a hundred or two from event boosts. I know how RNG works, so I don't expect something every time.

However, I'm thinking if the base drop rate is low enough, maybe 500% boost still doesn't end up being all that high.

500% of almost nothing still may be almost nothing.

The important thing is that you're not just running an UQ once, you're probably gonna run a ton of UQs over the time you're playing pso2, so the extra chances are almost guaranteed to net you more in the long run (the law of large numbers and all that).

Stacking a bunch of boosters aint about going into a single run stacking every booster you can find and thinking "this run I bet I'll get something because of my 500% RDR", it's about stacking whatever boosters you can comfortably manage to, getting to +300-400% RDR or w/e, and making sure the overall trend of how many drops you get is as high as it can be.

That's why I always join parties in UQs, because even if I had one run where the leader booted me from the quest early and made me get 0 drops (though I haven't had that happen yet), the +40% from all the other times I've partied up with people and not had that happen has undoubtedly gotten me more in the long run to offset a single UQ whiff or two.

I tend to look back at Deus Esca in that regard. I don't know how many times I've taken him down, but I've only ever gotten junk from him even with big rare drop boosts.

I tried forever to get some of the rappy suits from the Thanksgiving UQ and I've pretty much given up on that. Only ever got Turkey Rappy Suite if I got one at all.

@Vexation When I finally got a mini I posted it in Daily Finds/Accomplishments thread. We're down to less than a week on the event, it took that long.

I only got turkey rappy too, must be really low drop chance since I run it every time. Turkey UQ is the best for fodder eggs though!

Might have to dust off my harmonizer, then.

I used it to both level my summoner and get eggs(not much candy though) since I didn’t want to waste gold keys. Got to lvl60 just doing that UQ, pretty happy but man I’m sick of it.

@Milk I got a little tired of Su trying to get a Rappy but I've got lots of candies. I even gave some to my alts so they can farm Pietro's COs for more.

To the people who moan about the leader restarting unlimited UQs too soon, how about you learn how to loot quicker? I'm on a trash PC, but I can loot everything in less than 5 secs and I have never had issues with losing loot or anything when playing with others who restart ASAP. Meanwhile, I've had randoms in my parties who can take up to 30 secs to finish looting. Ridiculous.

@n_n said in Screwed out of loot in hilariously strange way:

To the people who moan about the leader restarting unlimited UQs too soon, how about you learn how to loot quicker? I'm on a trash PC, but I can loot everything in less than 5 secs and I have never had issues with losing loot or anything when playing with others who restart ASAP. Meanwhile, I've had randoms in my parties who can take up to 30 secs to finish looting. Ridiculous.

That's because some people have limited inventory/storage space. Meaning they have to mouse hover over each item, see what it is, see if it's worth picking up or not. That takes time.