Screwed out of loot in hilariously strange way

I was playing the Thanksgiving bird UQ this morning and something happened that I've never seen before.

I was in a group and the quest finished. (I always clear out my inventory during downtime so that I don't end up like the players who get angry when the group moves on before they get everything they wanted to pick up).
The quest ended while I was on the starting "island". As I waited for Xiera to teleported to the loot drop, I noticed a RARE DROP rainbow text appear.

She teleported me back DIRECTLY into one of those tornadoes that randomly sends you away. I stood near the loot drop for a SECOND before being sent far away and couldn't get back in time before my group ended the quest! I ended up not being able to pick up a thing. Fortunately, since I have the option set to auto-pick up any loot above 13 stars, I ended up getting the best item. I must've picked it up when she teleported me back, but before the tornado sent me away again!

Anyway, I thought it was pretty funny.

What are the odds?!?

I didn't even know the tornadoes could even appear after the quest had ended!

Anyone else ever seen this happen?

That happened to me too! I only got my loot because of autoloot, my party left before I could even get to the area.

@Natty-Boh-man said in Screwed out of loot in hilariously strange way:

I didn't even know the tornadoes could even appear after the quest had ended!

Environmental Entites are not considered monsters, so they can spawn on quest point quests, expeditions even after you've finished the quest.

Here is another reason why I drop the beacon myself. I make a lot of money selling deos, and will not be cheated out of them.

@CalvinaCoulange said in Screwed out of loot in hilariously strange way:

Here is another reason why I drop the beacon myself. I make a lot of money selling deos, and will not be cheated out of them.

For me it's weapons and units with a lot of augments on them. I never miss an opportunity to collect everything. It's why I'm really skiddish on accepting party invites due to the party lead force accepting me into another quest or abandoning the quest kicking everyone out.

I haven't seen the tornado in thanksgiving yet, but I think it's real funny when that one turret spawns on the loot crystal so you get people accidentally entering the turret while trying to pick up their loot.

People get really angry if you won't party up sometimes. REALLY angry.

As far as the tornado, in hindsight, I'm glad it happened. It was pretty funny and unique.

As far as the tornado, in hindsight, I'm glad it happened. It was pretty funny and unique.

And guess what, I get REALLY angry if I am unable to get my loot due to an impatient or troll party leader so I'll solo when I want to (not directed at you).

Seriously I know I'm missing out on 40% tri-boost but it's no loss for me if I know I can at least get my loot.

@Jman said in Screwed out of loot in hilariously strange way:

And guess what, I get REALLY angry if I am unable to get my loot due to an impatient or troll party leader so I'll solo when I want to (not directed at you).

Seriously I know I'm missing out on 40% tri-boost but it's no loss for me if I know I can at least get my loot.

And this is why I LEAVE PARTY rather than Abandon Quest / etc. (And sometimes if I'm feeling extra not confident, I pass leader FIRST before leaving.)

@coldreactive said in Screwed out of loot in hilariously strange way:

@Jman said in Screwed out of loot in hilariously strange way:

And this is why I LEAVE PARTY rather than Abandon Quest / etc. (And sometimes if I'm feeling extra not confident, I pass leader FIRST before leaving.)

Yeah I had a party leader "Abandon Quest" during a level 90 Persona run kicking all of us out. Not only annoying for us since we had to start over but the poor raid group lost 4 players, which hopefully they were able to down Persona quickly being undermanned 4 players.

@Jman - You don't have to worry about being in a party when it's a one time run. Though I can understand getting burned when it comes to the Thanksgiving UQ. Though if you placed your party beacon and just let other people join you then

1. You and three others can still get the party triboost so no one has to be screwed outta that.
  2. Since you are the party leader you won't have to worry about anyone else screwing you outta your loot.

Seems like a win/win to me.

@Vexation said in Screwed out of loot in hilariously strange way:

@Jman - You don't have to worry about being in a party when it's a one time run. Though I can understand getting burned when it comes to the Thanksgiving UQ. Though if you placed your party beacon and just let other people join you then

1. You and three others can still get the party triboost so no one has to be screwed outta that.
  2. Since you are the party leader you won't have to worry about anyone else screwing you outta your loot.

Seems like a win/win to me.

Maybe.. but what if, on the other hand, you're the party leader for a Thanksgiving UQ and are really trying to get as many runs in as possible? For instance, you may be trying to get a certain number of UQs done for a reward or MP tier points. In that case, time is personally more important to you than loot.

I don't like to rush people if I see they're still picking up loot. If time is important to you and you're the party leader, waiting around politely for another person to loot can mess you up too.

You may decide that a boost is not worth missing out on an entire run squeezed in at the end.

I think there are valid reasons a person would choose not to party-up. I definitely don't like when people get angry and ruin a good vibe about someones personal decision not to join a party.

People trying to bully me into joining a party is exactly how to get me not to join a party. So much drama and nastiness, people have literally argued with me about it.

I prefer to make my own party but if I’m late I’ll join one, thank god for autoloot!

@Milk said in Screwed out of loot in hilariously strange way:

People trying to bully me into joining a party is exactly how to get me not to join a party. So much drama and nastiness, people have literally argued with me about it.

I prefer to make my own party but if I’m late I’ll join one, thank god for autoloot!

I don't join parties since I have had such bad experiences with some parties such as the leader getting super toxic or flat out leaving before I can pick up that one drop that auto loot doesn't cover. So I either make a party, I sometimes join a party otherwise I go solo cause it is not worth the grief. 🙂

@YagyuChan said in Screwed out of loot in hilariously strange way:

@Milk said in Screwed out of loot in hilariously strange way:

I don't join parties since I have had such bad experiences with some parties such as the leader getting super toxic or flat out leaving before I can pick up that one drop that auto loot doesn't cover. So I either make a party, I sometimes join a party otherwise I go solo cause it is not worth the grief. 🙂

I’ve had that happen so much it’s not even funny. People are really agitated and impatient in parties. I started playing Summoner so I always have candy to pick up, it kinda sucks getting pulled out of the UQ early. Luckily autoloot lets me always get my rainbow rares.