This is Just Unfair !!!

Yeah, I get that.

@Scerms77 You’re right. It isn’t a conspiracy that Sega manipulates their f2p base. Especially those who didn’t get to play when Meseta rates were golden on Xbox and are new to the game. It’s actually just kinda blatant instead... Literally every Alliance I’ve ever been in has always talked about how their largest earnings were off ignorant new players not being fed info by JP players. A lot of them also spent triple in price on Xbox Exclusive Items that’s should never have been exclusive to begin with so there’s yet another undeserved advantage- and don’t say “cosmetics aren’t needed” when we’re playing a game advertised for its character creation and gear is being speed run because they just want to get to NGS and make more money. There is actually no viable or legitimate reason for the game to be as butchered as it is- but it’s nice to know that everyone is just “butthurt for no reason.” Not like player count is dropping or anything. Nah everyone is wrong but you...

Like cool I am happy you all are enjoying the game. I honestly don’t have any ill will towards the community anymore even despite my toxic experiences with it on ship 1. But stop acting like these people are just mad for no reason.

FF Shop items cannot be purchased on the PShop to stress players who just happen to have insufficient SG into a daily purchase. Accessories need to be used twice unlike JP for no apparent reason other than greed. Many players are also turned off by the grind and how it’s being sped up to meet this artificial and very arbitrary NGS date which can literally just be delayed for Global and give the people looking for more time- just that. Instead we’re rushing for no reason with everyone being handheld by JP players raking in Meseta hand over fist and bombing the market value because they’ve done it all before. I hear this laughable reason that MSRP prices for this game are so high and there are so many paywalls and content rushed because they “need to for NGS money” but that also doesn’t make sense. This game is one of Sega’s highest grossing IPs overseas and that’s even including titles like Persona. The argument that they’re rushing the game and making us pay more for a game they have already been WELL into development sounds like a lie. Purchasing extra characters for Meseta is also a dead method as inflation has gotten so bad that weeklies are actually NOTHING in terms of income. If one Meseta has been cut in half then each character is ACTUALLY only making through weeklies about 1.1M and the suckers who maxed characters for Meseta Mules got scammed.

TL;DR - People complain about this game for a reason. It isn’t the perfect little gacha grinder you think it is. This game has players making a killing exploiting what other players don’t know and it’s done to where anyone who has personal responsibilities, has to suffer. They aren’t butthurt for no reason. They just aren’t like you and want to play differently. Kinda why a lot are quitting to more varied MMOs rather than just killing the same 5 Falz Characters again and again and again for months, with only like one extra move and a slightly different model.

@FacetedChimp71 said in This is Just Unfair !!!:

FF Shop items cannot be purchased on the PShop to stress players who just happen to have insufficient SG into a daily purchase. Accessories need to be used twice unlike JP for no apparent reason other than greed. Many players are also turned off by the grind and how it’s being sped up to meet this artificial and very arbitrary NGS date which can literally just be delayed for Global and give the people looking for more time- just that. Instead we’re rushing for no reason with everyone being handheld by JP players raking in Meseta hand over fist and bombing the market value because they’ve done it all before. I hear this laughable reason that MSRP prices for this game are so high and there are so many paywalls and content rushed because they “need to for NGS money” but that also doesn’t make sense. This game is one of Sega’s highest grossing IPs overseas and that’s even including titles like Persona. The argument that they’re rushing the game and making us pay more for a game they have already been WELL into development sounds like a lie. Purchasing extra characters for Meseta is also a dead method as inflation has gotten so bad that weeklies are actually NOTHING in terms of income. If one Meseta has been cut in half then each character is ACTUALLY only making through weeklies about 1.1M and the suckers who maxed characters for Meseta Mules got scammed.

TL;DR - People complain about this game for a reason. It isn’t the perfect little gacha grinder you think it is. This game has players making a killing exploiting what other players don’t know and it’s done to where anyone who has personal responsibilities, has to suffer. They aren’t butthurt for no reason. They just aren’t like you and want to play differently. Kinda why a lot are quitting to more varied MMOs rather than just killing the same 5 Falz Characters again and again and again for months, with only like one extra move and a slightly different model.

One of the main complaints I have with the global version and still find something to be contestable is that I really dislike how the Fresh Finds Shop pushes out what used to be AC Scratches on the Japanese side and makes them untradeable and very difficult to obtain unless you were there. I don't mind the daily cycle of being able to find something new but I feel I must correct you on that on the Japanese side you also must use an accessory ticket twice to have it unlocked account-wide. A lot of the times the things I would want are not on the Fresh Finds Shop and I feel it might even be unlikely to see some of what I would want come over to our side.

I would have had gripes about the Mission Pass but because the Japanese adopted it and changed it I am not surprised to see how it is adapted for the Japanese players. Their mission pass features a load of goodies relevant to their content and also features cosmetics that cannot be traded. It also does not refund Star Gems upon completion (you sink 100 Star Gems to unlock the Gold Track and get items out instead). This change makes sense to me because it is excessively easy to stockpile and be rewarded with Star Gems and have absolutely nothing to spend it on beyond the rentals in the Star Gem Shop or to even throw it on the Star Gem Scratches. If you've already done that it's a currency you rarely ever will use whereas on global it has a significantly larger use and our sources for getting it tend to be lower (but also more generous if you keep up with events).

Another large issue I personally have with a lot of the mentality of global players when you would just look at what YouTubers are saying is that there is a great deal of misinformation and a great deal of headbutting over what "works" and what people "want" to work. For so long when the Microsoft Store version first came out the hype was all about Nemesis/Raven weapons and how people should affix them to such godly strengths and power because there was clearly nothing better at the time and there was very little awareness of where Nemesis/Raven sat other than "they'll become good fifteen star weapons in the future." There was no surprise to me that we are being fast-forwarded through years and years of content (your statement of "killing the same five bosses again and again for months" is only really true for global - this was years and years on the Japanese side) just to have players experience things "closely" to how they were at the time. We still have content that is glossed over but it seems likely to me that it will likely show up as Episode 6 content and that we may even see the game finally start to "slow down" during Episode 6.

I don't feel that this is a problem exclusive to Phantasy Star Online 2, in that players who have control over an economy and push misinformation to profit off of others. I know I have seen it in other games and have seen it cracked down upon by development teams and the likes and literally it was not until the global version of Phantasy Star Online 2 got some features where Sega finally had to step in and fix some bugs and glaring exploits (namely item duplication and the Dark Falz [Elder] Trigger exploit) that the players on the Japanese side either never would have done or kept quiet about. This is something the community (or us as players) need to do in informing other players because Sega's monetization model for this game is wonky and unfortunately contributes to the misinformation.

@FacetedChimp71 while I think it is fine for people to complain about the game - but this thread was made to complain about a non-existent issue. OP claimed that Yerkes's client orders were nerfed but in fact the mechanics/cooldown of his client orders are unchanged since release of global and it is the same from JP.

If you want to complain about other issues, it is fine. Heck, I complained about the SG monetization (aka Fresh Finds and when SG scratch was first implemented) among other things. But these weren't the point of the OP - it was a complete misunderstanding on how Yerkes's client orders worked.

@FacetedChimp71 said in This is Just Unfair !!!:

Accessories need to be used twice unlike JP for no apparent reason other than greed.

Accessories do need to be used twice on JP though?

This only really used to be a problem when Fresh Finds only sold 1 of something, but now all accessories in the daily section has a purchase limit of 2.

@HarmlessSyan said in This is Just Unfair !!!:

But these weren't the point of the OP - it was a complete misunderstanding on how Yerkes's client orders worked.

Agreed, these other discussions are probably best made on another topic.

Ok so I read the initial post and just for good measure even watched the video provided as supposed proof....... sigh! First off I have been playing since day one of beta testing for NA before it was even Global, and Yerks Client orders have Always been weekly it has not changed. I can't say either way for JP nor will I. Secondly the video used as supposed evidence to the contrary in no way supports the claim! If you even listen to the first thing he says its that with 3 character he can make 7ish million in like an hour. IF they where unlimited to could make that amount in like 5 minutes NOT and hour and NOT with the need of 3 characters! I would suggest doing your homework fist and foremost before raising issue with a game mechanic that has been unchanged since the NA Beta Launch on XBOX!

Sincerely a day 1 Beat Tester

Yeah OP has gotten that already from several of us and understands fully what's going on now. Was just a misunderstanding on their part. @FIRExFOX

@Milk said in This is Just Unfair !!!:

@Ren6617 said in This is Just Unfair !!!:

@Milk said in This is Just Unfair !!!:

@Ren6617

Your alt characters don’t need to be played at all though and you get three free characters. If you don’t want to level the other characters you can just save your gathering turn ins in storage and log into the alts once a week to turn them in, you also get the weekly arks quest done because Yerkes counts for daily, so that ends up being 950k per character, even a character that is level 1.

Why are you quoting me when I understand it just fine? Letting players (and rmts) make a million characters to inflate the economy without doing much work is absolutely god awful game design no matter how you look at it. A thousand times so with the convoluted, arcane, cancerous affix system being what it is.

You're SUPPOSED to acquire things by farming and contributing to the economy just like in any other game. But pso2 goes out of the way to make sure there is no economy. You can't list many items, most items are non stackable, and you can't list under 1k. And needing to pay or spend an hour+ blowing excubes on tickets for a pitiful 3 days shop is absurd. All games that use the pay-to-sell scheme are miserable, it's a proven bad formula that impacts real players negatively more than RMTs and bots, so why do asian game companies keep doing it?

Your original post didn’t make it seem like you understood it “just fine”, more like you were complaining and I offered you a solution. My mistake. The vast majority of my meseta comes from selling to NPCs from things I grinded for, the other from my weeklies. We get free storage from SG we can earn in game, why does everything need to stack? If you want to do away with Premium then write in the Suggestions, right now Premium has so little perks that personal shops is really one if its only selling points, it would have to be replaced with something else equally valuable to customers or not exist anymore.

Free SG output is pretty useless(unless you can stomach the suicide inducing "pvp"), paying for SG is a royal rip given the items are not tradeable and costs more $$ per draw ($160 for a ticket to guarantee something useful, holy crap!), along with completely useless sg recycle. Premium is indeed not worth buying atm. Premium in other games is worth...not here. That mere 50% triboost from premium isn't even multiplicative, lol. But tying basic game ECONOMY functions to spending money kills economies dead in every game that does it, especially once population INEVITABLY dwindles. OH YEAH, THE INTERFACE FOR THE SHOP IS ALSO REALLY BAD. Never seen a game take so long just to enter item price, lol.

Somehow, other less-p2w games can make premium useful, but not here, where p2w is only way to transfer a mark, or gamble for non-ticketable grand affix... GW2 has a fashion wardrobe and carrying a few extra gear sets is trivial there...but not here. The inventory micromanagement here makes you want to suicide, just as badly as the pvp.

Man, they want to make money? How about selling us 100 more permanent inventory slots to cut down micromanagement time waste? Is it so much to ask that spending gets you something more useful than a recycle badge? I can't wait until gachas are banned.

@Jamesmor said in This is Just Unfair !!!:

@Ren6617 that's because most games don't charge you high cost to upgrade your gear but PSO2 does and without means to easy aqquire currency it will become impossible to improve the gear after a certain point only a few small quantity of people will have decent gear but you don't see that happening here.

You're kidding, right? I bet at least half of NA doesn't even affix. I see lots of terrible gear - literal dead weight players wearing fodder at high level, sometimes. Little wonder Castrum is always fail.

Are you implying that people don't scam 150-1,000 MILLION for 6-8 slot units both here and japan? bruh, have fun making 6+ slot guardian soul, especially with this dead economy lol. not to mention the actual rocket science in this bad system.

Beyond 5 slots you have no choice but to start wasting your time trying to get more stats onto your fodder that all take 3 copies for not even 100% transfer rate, then you also have the nightmare that is good affixes like guardian, mana reverie, or guardian soul. And we get Crack soon, it doesn't sound fun to deal with at all.

@Ren6617 youre going way off topic on a silly Yerkes's thread. All rounder units are a luxury, typically single stat units are fine. I can't help you on NA but on JP there are guides to make decent units with current content.

7 slot - atk+175, hp+115, pp+15 for about 6.5 mil per piece, no specific unit SAF required https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlmf4KXdb_c

7 slot - atk+185 (+100 on other 2), hp+95, pp+13 for about 6.2 mil per piece, requires lightstream/trailblazer unit SAF https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-g5c0mvmy0

Pretty affordable entry level that works just fine if you ask me. These are base heavily on the units dropped from Trick or Treat 2020, there is still a very healthy supply of them in player shops.

and I should add these are 100% with +40% affix aid though the first one was during affix week.

@Ren6617 people are not doing affixes in Global not because is expensive but because we are going in a fast speed making many stuff we have obsolete in 2 weeks and sure there are people that put exorbitant prices in what they do that happens everywhere.

but because you didn't understand what I said then imagine that those orders that give 100k meseta or more doesn't exist and the cost of enhancement and affixing is the same we have, now tell how you gonna get better gear with these limitations?

Ddddlife complaining again

@HarmlessSyan said in This is Just Unfair !!!:

@Ren6617 youre going way off topic on a silly Yerkes's thread. All rounder units are a luxury, typically single stat units are fine. I can't help you on NA but on JP there are guides to make decent units with current content.

7 slot - atk+175, hp+115, pp+15 for about 6.5 mil per piece, no specific unit SAF required https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlmf4KXdb_c

7 slot - atk+185 (+100 on other 2), hp+95, pp+13 for about 6.2 mil per piece, requires lightstream/trailblazer unit SAF https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-g5c0mvmy0

Pretty affordable entry level that works just fine if you ask me. These are base heavily on the units dropped from Trick or Treat 2020, there is still a very healthy supply of them in player shops.

and I should add these are 100% with +40% affix aid though the first one was during affix week.

i think you forgot you're on NA and people don't read moon. I can't read squat there but I'm betting you valued 25m worth of grand cash shop affix at the value of 8m of "other irrelevant stats"

@Ren6617 said in This is Just Unfair !!!:

Are you implying that people don't scam 150-1,000 MILLION for 6-8 slot units both here and japan?

You are the one that brought up JP, I'm just saying it doesn't cost that much to get a decent unit set here on JP if you are willing to learn how affixing works.

If your definition of "relevant" stats are like Guardian Soul, Absolute Glare, Mana Reverie, Ether Factor - then yes, it is going to cost you when you are playing with those 10% chances. But I consider those as luxuries and normal players do not need them to perform well. The units I listed are enough to beat dps checks in urgents, have the fire power to S-rank solo divide quests while providing a decent sum of HP and PP.

I haven't had to update my units every 2 weeks. The stat jumps from unit to unit arent that big tbh so if you did a decent ray affix you haven't needed to get another unit since then as your dmg and survivability should be adequate. The top three units now all upgrade into 13 stars at some point during episode 6 so those units should be fine for awhile as well. The mentality of needing the absolute best or nothing keeps a ton of people from touching unit affixes. Honestly even 6 slot affixes can be done simple cheap and effective without to much hassle on global right now.

Also making money without using the player shop probably is best done with ex cube farming. If you're willing to get the shop you can farm affixes that are in demand but short supply and charge a premium just because others arent willing to do it. I've made 200million+ meseta doing this in the last two weeks no ac scratches required.