This is Just Unfair !!!

@Ren6617 said in This is Just Unfair !!!:

@Milk said in This is Just Unfair !!!:

@Ren6617

Your alt characters don’t need to be played at all though and you get three free characters. If you don’t want to level the other characters you can just save your gathering turn ins in storage and log into the alts once a week to turn them in, you also get the weekly arks quest done because Yerkes counts for daily, so that ends up being 950k per character, even a character that is level 1.

Why are you quoting me when I understand it just fine? Letting players (and rmts) make a million characters to inflate the economy without doing much work is absolutely god awful game design no matter how you look at it. A thousand times so with the convoluted, arcane, cancerous affix system being what it is.

You're SUPPOSED to acquire things by farming and contributing to the economy just like in any other game. But pso2 goes out of the way to make sure there is no economy. You can't list many items, most items are non stackable, and you can't list under 1k. And needing to pay or spend an hour+ blowing excubes on tickets for a pitiful 3 days shop is absurd. All games that use the pay-to-sell scheme are miserable, it's a proven bad formula that impacts real players negatively more than RMTs and bots, so why do asian game companies keep doing it?

Your original post didn’t make it seem like you understood it “just fine”, more like you were complaining and I offered you a solution. My mistake. The vast majority of my meseta comes from selling to NPCs from things I grinded for, the other from my weeklies. We get free storage from SG we can earn in game, why does everything need to stack? If you want to do away with Premium then write in the Suggestions, right now Premium has so little perks that personal shops is really one if its only selling points, it would have to be replaced with something else equally valuable to customers or not exist anymore.

I use my personal shop to sell junk mostly. If I have any AC scratch which isn't very often I can make maybe 10mil selling things I don't want which is then immediately spent on an outfit or accessory I did want (and likely don't need). I also sell my stuff for the lowest or maybe second lowest on the market. I don't want stuff to sit there for 4 weeks to "get what it's worth" and hopefully someone else benefitted from the lower price. Not every premium user is some elitist jerk face that wants to mess up a free players day. I have to farm and run things and play the game all the time to earn what I have. Having premium only made that a trifle easier with extra storage and a shop. Extra storage which can be bought via SG as well. And if you can force yourself through it. The store missions give you a ton of SG.

@Vexation said in This is Just Unfair !!!:

I use my personal shop to sell junk mostly. If I have any AC scratch which isn't very often I can make maybe 10mil selling things I don't want which is then immediately spent on an outfit or accessory I did want (and likely don't need). I also sell my stuff for the lowest or maybe second lowest on the market.

Something you can do (which anyone can do) is to list units and weapons with a high number of ability slots as well. It may be "junk" but there is no denial that you can make millions of Meseta relatively easily if you sell seven-slot or eight-slot weapons and units that are full of junk affixes or happen to have things people do want (such as Astral Soul, ARKS Fever MAX, and so on). It's definitely more involved than buying an AC Scratch and flipping it but it is a relatively decent way to unload gear you aren't using especially during this week as it is Boost Week and Zero Meseta week for affixing and upgrading.

Similarly you can stockpile on resources for the daily client orders (the Collect orders) and send your Auxiliary/Partner out to gather for you and simply put those items up for sale because there will definitely be players looking to turn those in likely more often than the normal Franka Client Orders as well.

@VanillaLucia -

Thanks for the advice. Might help some. I'm hoarding all my higher affix items.. Mostly cause I just learned how to do it after my other half showed me and the success rate is practically non existent. I had all 100%, the game drops the last three down to 50% then I had the 40% boost.. so I failed twice at 90% and can see why upslotting makes people angry lol. Gonna keep trying though. Even though weeks almost over.

I didn't at all thing to sell the collection mats, or that the daily order ones would be better than franca ones. But then I suppose people need to complete a daily order for dailies and several sometimes for weeklies or tier missions so makes sense.

I completely forgot about my auxiliary again, I could make meseta with that! Or speed up weeklies on alts. Oi why do I keep forgetting about it? 😞

Reasons I forget my auxillary -

1. It's to low a level to grab some of the collection quests I don't want to bother with.
  2. I have auto pick-up and material storage so I get 90% of my collection quests myself just by running my dailies and then I turn it all in myself leaving my auxillary nothing to do.
  3. I realize I could just not turn in my collection quests and send my auxillary out after it then turn them in and he'll still bring me back mats... but uhh.. I forget to do that a lot. -.-

thanks, I needed a laugh. Great thread.

1. It's to low a level to grab some of the collection quests I don't want to bother with.
  2. I have auto pick-up and material storage so I get 90% of my collection quests myself just by running my dailies and then I turn it all in myself leaving my auxillary nothing to do.
  3. I realize I could just not turn in my collection quests and send my auxillary out after it then turn them in and he'll still bring me back mats... but uhh.. I forget to do that a lot. -.-

You can lazily gear up your Auxiliary by giving them higher-rarity items (the affixes and the stats on the items do not matter or play a role in their combat opportunities). If you have spare thirteen star or fourteen star weapons you can simply equip it to them. You can give them any twelve-star units you aren't using and their stats will scale according to the rarity. After that you can send them out and they should hopefully be succeeding much more often and leveling up to match you.

@DDDDLife said in This is Just Unfair !!!:

ALright, maybe I don't know, is that so wrong?

You definitely didn't know, and screaming "WTH SEGA! What is this?" and "Please dont get any more HAIRBRAINED Ideas!" is consequently a pretty wrong thing to do.

My reason is much more simple: Giving it client orders to do means using limited client order slots on client orders that typically belong to Franca who is among the most unrewarding clients in the game. In some explorations I often take the whole list of 15+ COs available (Franca's included) and get them done just by running through the map. If my auxiliary has 5 of those, that's 5 COs I can't do, and the auxiliary is likely to either fail or "succeed" and get fewer of the material than the CO needs, which does more harm than good.

I actually forgot to even make one for my new main. I went into my house and there she was looking at me but I couldn’t click on her because she’s not my auxiliary. So I just have this total stranger in my house now. 😛

Think of her as a really innefective room mate.

This is the dumbest shit I've read all week

On the topic, OP just jumped the gun since people were still on edge about the Elder nerf I think. It happens, everyone makes mistakes and sometimes the translations in this game don’t make the most sense. I’m glad they didn’t change it though. Yerkes and I have a good thing goin’.

I still can’t believe he pays me for a crappy pile of trash. Ok I can sort of see a couple things being valuable but the empty bottle thing is amusing.

"Empty bottle" Location: Earth... Yup.. got a billion of em laying around and you'll pay me how much for one? XD

@DDDDLife said in This is Just Unfair !!!:

If you pay attention to the text: " This client order "CAN BE ACCEPTED AS MANY TIMES AS YOU LIKE" But only after getting two or three of these client orders done ( Mind you , I went and gathered all the materials first)- -now reads that I CANNOT accept this order for another 5 days!!!

This is a case of not thoroughly understanding what's in front of you. Many daily, weekly client orders have that in its description because they can be done more than once for the account. It's not a translation error, it's just a vague description to categorize what client order it is, being a repeatable client order and a 7-day cooldown is applied the moment you turn in the client order.

You should take note that all repeatable daily, weekly client orders are repeatable but each have their cooldown applied to prevent abuse.

Oh no- and it doesnt stop there, XIA has the same mechanincs in place. Even IF you log-in to another character in the same account.

All client orders are character based, the only things that is ship/account based are rewards from client orders that specifically states once per account or ship OR title rewards, campaign/storage rewards, and sometimes seasonal mission rewards (depending on what items). Yerkes' is a weekly meseta repeatable quest, you can clear it once every 7 days (starting from when its cleared) and have no clear limit to it.

WTH SEGA! What is this? a sort of punishment!? This is the thing we can expect for the SEGA faithful!??

Not a punishment, just a concept you're surprisingly unaware of.