PSA: Dark Revelry Consumes Starlight leechers

@YagyuChan Since one person oneshots most of the enemies, what purpose do any of the other people even have? Even if they follow along they won't get to participate anyway. Are you certain that they do it because they're lazy? Maybe they just learned their lesson and decided not to bother. That is all on the developers. Some people would AFK and "leech" regardless, but you can't be sure about why when we consider the terrible designing of these types of missions. Too many players as all the ones i did with less than the maximum amount were more like it should be. Maximum of 8 people is not too bad. Too bad people mostly wait for full group for no apparent reason.

Besides, wasn't there supposed to be some emergency mission version of this for only 4 people at some point? After that you can call them out with a good reson.

I like to do my part even if I'm not all that good. Sitting back and letting someone carry me even if their stronger doesn't sit right with me.

@Vexation

Because you know leeching is wrong. Trying and being bad at it is still more respectable than not even making an effort. Heck, I’m new to Techer and I feel horrifically terrible at it right now but I’m still hustling, I can still try.

@YagyuChan i think i was in that mission with you. loaded into the instance and when i could move around the mission had already started. hopped down as thought someone was trying to do a solo run of it an might have left it open an some people had joined. stood for abit as my pc not the best so i load in abit longer than rest. Was the segmented desert area. Once was able to do stuff went to see what kind of people where in the mission before i started to try an help kill stuff. Quickly fell to me an one person which i gauged that the run was a failure as i am no where near 😧 able to do amazing DPS to 2 man the limited.

@Milk https://docs.google.com/document/d/11N09BzAVCBpoOL9EIM5UxLZP4Ys7yO0XcdsecU0kTck/edit#heading=h.3oil0voktoyx is a nice techer guide to help you out

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TMO8zro-8rhB61R73-rNlg_CC5BnqzEvKgVg6vg5oxM/view#heading=h.39w7gb4rm63a is link to a force guide but has linked to section that talks about the recomended custom crafts for tech skills so this can help out in that respect.

Techer is a pretty tough class to play but is a noble class too as your able to later on get skill that lets you apply shifta an deband to party members no matter where they are on the map so makes it very nice in UQ's. when i was playing techer early on in UQ's i would often try an dps as much as i could but also try an healing and toss out buffs so everyone else could kinda cover for me as i did my best to keep them alive.

I am also leveling a techter. I love their skillset. I sub fighter so I make sure my wand smacks hurt so I can contribute that way but making everyone else stronger, more resilient, and healed up is very useful too.

@ShadowBlood89 said in PSA: Dark Revelry Consumes Starlight leechers:

@YagyuChan i think i was in that mission with you. loaded into the instance and when i could move around the mission had already started. hopped down as thought someone was trying to do a solo run of it an might have left it open an some people had joined. stood for abit as my pc not the best so i load in abit longer than rest. Was the segmented desert area. Once was able to do stuff went to see what kind of people where in the mission before i started to try an help kill stuff. Quickly fell to me an one person which i gauged that the run was a failure as i am no where near 😧 able to do amazing DPS to 2 man the limited.

Yeah that was it 😮 sorry for leaving I just couldn't deal with the other person just standing there looking at me trying to kill the enemies while they were leeching from the effort. You must have been the other person that unfortunately got screwed by the leech 😞

@Vexation said in PSA: Dark Revelry Consumes Starlight leechers:

I like to do my part even if I'm not all that good. Sitting back and letting someone carry me even if their stronger doesn't sit right with me.

Well enlighten us, what is your part? I just spam shifta and deband if available, as there isn't time to attack the enemies except some bosses. It's not like i want to just stand there. It's true that some people want to (as they just watch netflix on their other screen or something) but i don't.

@ShadowBlood89

Thank you so much! It’s my husband’s main and he made it look so fun but I’m a slow learner when it comes to this class.

@Yggranya I don't know if you're being literal or not, but please don't actually spam buffs. It's difficult enough to see what's going on in the last round without that.

@Yggranya said in PSA: Dark Revelry Consumes Starlight leechers:

@Vexation said in PSA: Dark Revelry Consumes Starlight leechers:

Well enlighten us, what is your part? I just spam shifta and deband if available, as there isn't time to attack the enemies except some bosses. It's not like i want to just stand there. It's true that some people want to (as they just watch netflix on their other screen or something) but i don't.

My part is attacking. Doing my damage even if it's less that someone elses, even if everything is dying really fast around me. Which happens in there a lot. Level 80's and up coming into there and spam running on a lower difficulty to kill quickly. I still try though. I'm not content to say "Oh they got this guess I get a free ride" I'mma do my damage, practice my rotations, buff someone else. Just do something. You don't help at all if your standing around like a knot on a log. Even just spamming shifta and deband is better than doing nothing.

Worst comes to worse, spam any AoE’s you’ve got, you’re bound to hit something. I’ve been spamming Safoie Zero when things have been dying too fast since my poor alt is only lvl 55 and everyone’s 80+.

@Vexation But you do get a free ride? Unless lying to yourself that you're helping makes you feel better about it? Yeah i know, it's not like it's you choice but come on now. Besides, you just agreed that "spamming" shifta and deband is better than nothing, so i guess that's that.

@AiC-L I know the max time they can have is 3 minutes, so casting three times is enough.

@Yggranya said in PSA: Dark Revelry Consumes Starlight leechers:

@Vexation But you do get a free ride? Unless lying to yourself that you're helping makes you feel better about it? Yeah i know, it's not like it's you choice but come on now. Besides, you just agreed that "spamming" shifta and deband is better than nothing, so i guess that's that.

I'm not getting a free ride though cause I contributed. Also I never said spamming buffs wasn't helping so I'm not sure why you said that. It's not my fault if I'm a low level and the level 80's are in there murdalizing everything but I'm still not gonna sit back and do nothing. As I said it doesn't sit right with me.

You do you though =^.^=