PSA: Dark Revelry Consumes Starlight leechers

I was playing a run of the new Limited quest Dark Revelry Consumes Starlight and I just had a bad experience with someone leeching (I am on Ship 2 btw) I will not name the person since it is against ToS for the forums here but I did file a report for obstruction against them and I have made this thread to collect the thoughts of others about leeching in the new LQ so we can have an idea of the extent of the issue also it helps the GMs to see if this is a hot button topic or not. Please feel free to share your experience below (For me it has been mostly good apart from this incident) but no naming or shaming please.

What exactly did they do for you to say they're leeching? Would you consider someone using sigma +0 a leecher? Because that's the only thing I've seen so far (and only once). I might have not noticed on other runs but considering how easy it is to get 13*+ weapons I find it hard to believe someone wouldn't be able to get something better than sigmas. I'm also playing on Ship 02. All the runs I've done were on XH btw.

There's also a distance at which you can earn points / exp from the quest. In addition, if you're in the wrong area, you won't get points/exp either. So they'd have to be actively running aside you.

@OmegaNeo8603 said in PSA: Dark Revelry Consumes Starlight leechers:

What exactly did they do for you to say they're leeching? Would you consider someone using sigma +0 a leecher? Because that's the only thing I've seen so far (and only once). I might have not noticed on other runs but considering how easy it is to get 13*+ weapons I find it hard to believe someone wouldn't be able to get something better than sigmas. I'm also playing on Ship 02. All the runs I've done were on XH btw.

They were standing there doing nothing and watching me do all the work. They also started the quest at 4/12 in which 1 person left and the other was in the same position as me. didn't gear check but they were not even hiding the fact they were looking to leech.

@coldreactive said in PSA: Dark Revelry Consumes Starlight leechers:

There's also a distance at which you can earn points / exp from the quest. In addition, if you're in the wrong area, you won't get points/exp either. So they'd have to be actively running aside you.

They were in the distance that EXP and points could be earned so I killed a few enemies to see if they were going to contribute and they didn't so I reported them and left after since we were already down in numbers heavily. Would rather not waste my boosts anymore than I did.

@YagyuChan said in PSA: Dark Revelry Consumes Starlight leechers:

They were standing there doing nothing and watching me do all the work. They also started the quest at 4/12 in which 1 person left and the other was in the same position as me. didn't gear check but they were not even hiding the fact they were looking to leech.

Yeah that's a problem. Never ran into something like that so I guess I'm lucky.

I mean really? People leeching such a fun limited quest?

@YagyuChan said in PSA: Dark Revelry Consumes Starlight leechers:

I've had a similar experience. There was a level 82 that just AFKed while everyone else did the mission.

Yeah, I've never seen that but I'm usually busy doing my best to kill everything. I feel you are absolutely right to report them for leeching.

Thanks for the support everyone 😊 I hope one day we will get these people banned so that we can have the good parts of the community left

I have yet to run into leechers for this but it’s only a matter of time, I run into leechers for everything...

If you’re 100% they’re leeching, let your party know so they don’t waste moons on them. That’s what I do, people can decide for themselves if they’re ok with a leecher or not but I put the info out there because usually a leecher is trying to hide in the corner to go unnoticed.

@YagyuChan Wait until you do an endless run solo, forget about setting a password and after a lap you notice a little dot on the map hidden in a corner, check the number of players, you read "2/4" and you figure out that someone has been leeching the whole run 😓

What are they leeching? Is it experience points? Or rare drops?

Hey, since everyone got a free super weapon, you could (again) remove all but 4 people and it would be fine (ruin might be a little crowded, but still not too bad). I mean really, when you and most/all of the team can oneshot everything, the "cooperation" is a joke anyway. Only time it might be a problem if someone joins that naked and gets killed by everything.

And so i ask: Do people get FUN points from being moon atomized? If yes, then i guess it's working as intended as the only reason for that to work would be to farm FUN. Pretty dumb, but it doesn't cost the one dying all the time anything and from what i have seen, people are more than wiling to shoulder tackle each other to be the one to lift them up. It actually is pretty hilarious. If no, then i don't know what motivates these people.

@Yggranya said in PSA: Dark Revelry Consumes Starlight leechers:

Hey, since everyone got a free super weapon, you could (again) remove all but 4 people and it would be fine (ruin might be a little crowded, but still not too bad). I mean really, when you and most/all of the team can oneshot everything, the "cooperation" is a joke anyway. Only time it might be a problem if someone joins that naked and gets killed by everything.

And so i ask: Do people get FUN points from being moon atomized? If yes, then i guess it's working as intended as the only reason for that to work would be to farm FUN. Pretty dumb, but it doesn't cost the one dying all the time anything and from what i have seen, people are more than wiling to shoulder tackle each other to be the one to lift them up. It actually is pretty hilarious. If no, then i don't know what motivates these people.

Even if people can oneshot everything it cannot excuse leeching. As for farming FUN on deaths only the moon thrower gets FUN and there is a daily cap.