Ice/Light Force build?

Hello! For my first character I am going back to Force and I have been really enjoying Barta/RaBarta and IlGrants so looking to optimize ice and light techs.

Messing around with the skill calculator I took an initial stab at a build and just looking for feedback: http://bit.ly/2U0t6Ti

Any other build ideas are welcome too.

Thanks!

This

The extra leftover skill points on the force tree is for if you want to get "Charged Escape", "Rod Preservation Bonus", and "Rod Shot lvl 3". If you don't want those, you either put it into Flame Mastery 1 or Flame Tech Short Charge.

Awesome, thank you very much!

@Reilet said in Ice/Light Force build?:

This

The extra leftover skill points on the force tree is for if you want to get "Charged Escape", "Rod Preservation Bonus", and "Rod Shot lvl 3". If you don't want those, you either put it into Flame Mastery 1 or Flame Tech Short Charge.

What exactly is "Rod Shot" Just simply with level 3 you do 3x damage and gain 10 extra PP with your normal attacks?

Also a question on hoe exactly "Element Conversion" works? The description makes it sound like if you have a 50 Ice element weapon using a Ice technique you gain +25 tech power to the spell but that seems a rather low boost for 5 SP or does it mean a 50% damage boosts when using Ice tech with a Ice weapon?

@Obscure-Ale Rod Shot creates a homing projectile that fires from your Rod when you use a normal attack; the Damage multiplier and the PP recovery only apply to this projectile.

Elemental Conversion takes your Weapon's elemental percentage and then converts it into a damage bonus when using a Tech. At lv5 it does a 50% conversion for on-element and 45% for off-element, so with a 50% Weapon you get a 25% damage bonus on-element and 22.5% off-element.

@AndrlCh said in Ice/Light Force build?:

@Obscure-Ale Rod Shot creates a homing projectile that fires from your Rod when you use a normal attack; the Damage multiplier and the PP recovery only apply to this projectile.

Elemental Conversion takes your Weapon's elemental percentage and then converts it into a damage bonus when using a Tech. At lv5 it does a 50% conversion for on-element and 45% for off-element, so with a 50% Weapon you get a 25% damage bonus on-element and 22.5% off-element.

That cleared things up thanks for the reply.

To add, the Rod Shot projectile only has a damage value of 30%. At lvl 5, it does 300%. (90% at lvl 3

It might sound good (if for reason it does to you) but it scales off of MEL pwr and striking modifiers. That means, nothing on the force skill tree boosts it's damage.

The only reason you should be getting it is for a ranged PP regeneration option.

@Reilet said in Ice/Light Force build?:

To add, the Rod Shot projectile only has a damage value of 30%. At lvl 5, it does 300%. (90% at lvl 3

It might sound good (if for reason it does to you) but it scales off of MEL pwr and striking modifiers. That means, nothing on the force skill tree boosts it's damage.

The only reason you should be getting it is for a ranged PP regeneration option.

I'm presuming you only take the Rod Shot if your playing a non Techer sub with Force as I imagine the 350% stationary PP regen from Techer subclass would outweigh the Rod shot regen anyway by just standing still for a few seconds if you need PP?

Only 55 force right now, but I never took rod shot because I usually have plenty of PP with Techter regen (passive and PP Conversion).

The biggest game changer for me has been Charged Escape/Rod Preservation bonus. Being able to hang on to a charge while mobbing is great for opening volley and then during the bosses, at least in SH I spend half my time dodging so being able to have a charged ready to go after side dodging is great.

@doomsphere said in Ice/Light Force build?:

Only 55 force right now, but I never took rod shot because I usually have plenty of PP with Techter regen (passive and PP Conversion).

The biggest game changer for me has been Charged Escape/Rod Preservation bonus. Being able to hang on to a charge while mobbing is great for opening volley and then during the bosses, at least in SH I spend half my time dodging so being able to have a charged ready to go after side dodging is great.

Yeah I got my Force to 55 and kinda answered my own question as I filled out the skill tree with the Techer regen passies (even though it a full support/Striking power tree) damn this game forcing me to spend $5 for another 🙂 and combined with the -PP cost there is absolutely no issues.

I agree the charged dash is a massive quality of life improvement for bosses it's almost became easy mode 🙂

Ah, too bad the Alternate Rod Shot (L) ring + Quelle Neigea rod's potential never took off in the japanese version. Not a very serious build but quite fun. I use it with my Fo/Ph all the time.

Just wait until the crafted stuff comes through. Brilliant Ilgrants and Multi Rabarta spam.