Steam Awards: Labor of Love

Go nominate PSO2 for labor of love RIGHT NOW.

Nope, sorry. I'm putting it as Game of the Year instead. 😛

Where is the link?

@RainGnyu said in Steam Awards: Labor of Love:

Where is the link?

https://store.steampowered.com/steamawards/nominations

Edit: Just to be clear, it sounds like publishers soliciting nominations for a chosen category using the community announcement system (which PSO2 uses to announce new scratches) is allowed. Or at the very least several others are doing that with apparently no ramifications.

Labor of love is better than game of the year. And this is a 2012 game which survived, thrived and developed for that long

PSO2 isn't even an option to nominate for "Labor of Love"

Sorry, but cyberpunk is getting my vote.

@MarshalTobias32 said in Steam Awards: Labor of Love:

Sorry, but cyberpunk is getting my vote.

Let us know how that goes. 😏

I already nominated Satisfactory for that

While I don't deny PSO2 has been a labor of love, I'm really considering nominating Trials of Mana for it. I know the game has zero hope of winning it, but of all the games I've played this year, THAT was a game made with love that I haven't seen in a very, very long time, especially after the pretty trashy Secret of Mana remake.

Not only is the Mana series the black sheep in SE's family, but Trials wasn't even given a proper US release until this year, yet still the development team poured their heart and soul into making the game as true to the original as possible, while still making it feel fresh, and giving it more than just a coat of paint.

I'll the be first to say that I honestly found Trials of Mana to be the superior remake to FFVII - yes, the latter had a higher budget and fancier visuals, but it also didn't really feel like a remake, but more of a continuation, and not a partifcularly good one at that. But Trials? That, that was a solid remake, and just a solid game.

I will give PSO2 the "more fun with friends" nomination though.

For all those saying they won't nominate it for "Labor of Love" You actually can't do it. It won't let you. PSO2 doesn't come up as a game you can select from that category. So I don't know why OP was asking people to do it at all.

I voted for game of the year at least, can’t exactly cast my vote for Cyberpunk when I can’t even play it yet(and I’m annoyed by the constant pushback dates)

I found the games I suck at category amusing! Voted for Resident Evil lll, I suck at RE games...

@Milk said in Steam Awards: Labor of Love:

can’t exactly cast my vote for Cyberpunk

This is factually correct. It is also the source of my snark from earlier; unreleased games cannot be nominated.

@Miraglyth

If only I could give it an award for most hyped trailer or something

@Vexation said in Steam Awards: Labor of Love:

For all those saying they won't nominate it for "Labor of Love" You actually can't do it. It won't let you. PSO2 doesn't come up as a game you can select from that category. So I don't know why OP was asking people to do it at all.

Except you absolutely can. Checkmate.