Tips for a begginer

Hi guys, i've searched some guide around and on this forum but most of them seems to be outdated. Started playing a week ago, just menaged to complete expeditions and client orders from Hans/Fina/Lavere to maximize exp and joined every UQ with boosters so i reached lv67. Right now there's a good UQ and time-limited quest for exp but i'd like to know if there's other ways to level up (bonus quest tokyo apart). About weapons and units. I saw most people use Zig's weapons but on this new limited time quest there's a chance to drop 14* weap, Are they any good? and Zig's ones are endgame weapon or not? Thanks in advance for those who will reply.

@Player029358787 If you have an auxiliary you can send him/her on searches for the café owner and some of the login rewards are exp tickets 🎟so you can level up that way, if you are on ship 1 I will help you and if you don't own or belong to an alliance you are welcome to join DEATHRIDERS, that's my alliance, I created it back in April

PS.

You can edit your ARKS ID name to match your username or Xbox live gamer tag

@Player029358787 said in Tips for a begginer:

Hi guys, i've searched some guide around and on this forum but most of them seems to be outdated. Started playing a week ago, just menaged to complete expeditions and client orders from Hans/Fina/Lavere to maximize exp and joined every UQ with boosters so i reached lv67. Right now there's a good UQ and time-limited quest for exp but i'd like to know if there's other ways to level up (bonus quest tokyo apart).

I'm pasting my response from another thread below because it's still pretty relevant. But, as you mentioned, the new wrinkle is the limited quest which I believe you can raise to a 200% boost after running it a bunch. And if you haven't yet, I'd recommend creating your 3 free characters so you can run the 5 daily missions for a Tokyo Silver Key each day (and 1 gold key each week). You can knock these out in <5 min via the 1st ARKs mission and a harvesting daily order (+ drink and eating Jerky). In Ep 6 we're supposed to get a new (4th) Recommended Quest each day and apparently some of these give a large boost. Old post:

I hear Buster Quests are good for EXP on the grind from 70-90, especially when you get access to Level 3. And then there's always good ol' reliable Very Hard Advanced Quests (100% boost) maxed to +50 (playing with humans for PSE bursts is most efficient).

In doing these activities you want to maximize your EXP multiplier and there are tons of ways that stack on one another:

• Concert Buff
  • Alliance Tree Buff
  • Drink Buff (either 20k premium attack/shifta drink or reroll the 1.2k one until you get EXP Up)
  • EXP item (e.g. 75% up from Ex-cube shop)
  • Triboost Item
  • Ex Triboost Item (uncommon)
  • Daily Triboost (from first 3 Daily Client Orders)
  • Premium Triboost (in case you're saving a ticket)
  • Party Triboost (3 NPCs are good, but real ppl give higher boost; not applicable for Tokyo Keys)
  • Weapon with Alternate History affixed (10% to exp) as well as EXP 1, 2, or 3 (can get these on Player shops or while appraising drops from Bonus keys ...make sure to choose EXP appraisal as RDR is often a person's default)
  • I imagine there are also EXP affixes for units, but I don't know for sure (know you can get drop rate ones in the Ex-cube shop)
  • Making/Buying/Ordering Timed ability data for your units that increase EXP in whatever area you're grinding (e.g. Tokyo)

I'm sure there are more options, but I'm going off memory and hopefully others will fill in the blanks. Oh, and remember that your subclass will level faster with Summoner as your main class (I think 50%) and you can still use an all-class weapon if you're not a pet person (preferably an all-class weapon corresponding to your subclass to access PAs...though a few weapons have built-in PAs)

About weapons and units. I saw most people use Zig's weapons but on this new limited time quest there's a chance to drop 14* weap, Are they any good? and Zig's ones are endgame weapon or not? Thanks in advance for those who will reply.

I haven't seen the 14* list from the LQ, but several of the newer ones are super strong depending on your class (he also has an hour long video doing a deep dive on their stats if you're interested).

And yes, Zig's 15 star weapons are endgame for now unless you want one of the potentials on those 14*s. For most content/playstyles, I believe Ophistia is considered the weakest because it requires multiple mags amd time to pop multiple photon blasts for optimal DPS. Atlas Ex has a useful potential (avoid 1 death) and is the only one with access to an S4 augment slot which can be nice for classes that want, for example, Lifesteal. And Trailblazer is great for PP regen as well as having an S1 aug as its SAF which grants up to 5% bonus dmg if you can affix at least 200atk on it (will probably require 8 slots if you affix S1-S3 augs). Check out this video for more details from a longtime player.