[Xbox/VRR] Game resets video input and blinks screen repeatedly

I have an LG OLED C9 television and when playing in 4K on my Xbox One X with the TV’s VRR port enabled the game client repeatedly resets the input over and over causing signal loss and a black blinking screen. Unfortunately it occurs so often that the game is unplayable in this state.

This doesn’t occur with the VRR port enabled on the PC JP version of PSO2 using the same TV.

In order to play, I had to go into my TVs picture settings and disable the VRR functionality on the HDMI port the Xbox is connected to. However, the Xbox One X now supports VRR as of a recent update.

Which Xbox version are you using? The X?

@coldreactive said in [Xbox/HDR] Game resets video input and blinks screen repeatedly:

Which Xbox version are you using? The X?

Yes, the Xbox One X.

I play on the 1x with hdr on and I did not have this problem, could be your tv and this games hdr don’t agree with each other, unless other X1X users are having this problem

@SaviorZero82 said in [Xbox/HDR] Game resets video input and blinks screen repeatedly:

I play on the 1x with hdr on and I did not have this problem, could be your tv and this games hdr don’t agree with each other, unless other X1X users are having this problem

Narrowed down the real problem. I turned HDR back on, but having VRR enabled caused the input blinking. VRR is supported by the console now, but it appears to cause issues with this game when enabled on its HDMI port. Tested VRR on the PC version of PSO and it works fine - no input blinking.

Updated original post to not mislead bug report since this isn’t an HDR issue.