So How Does Phaleg Jumps to Lv. 90 Again?

I think I've read somewhere that when Episode 6 comes out Phaleg becomes level 90 to retain her Super Boss stats. I wonder if that's true or not, and if it's not, does she become level 90 after you beat her the first time or is there some other way she gets stronger?
I wasn't able to beat the level 80 version, so I'm disappointed with myself on that, especially since I got an Occuld weapon to help me out with the first part of the fight, but I think when she becomes 90, this pretty much becomes negated thanks to her health pool getting bigger to compensate for the stronger players. I kinda doubt I can find another set of Soaring Blades that I can wear as a Hunter anytime soon...

I have no idea about Phaleg, however I do know Episode 6 will release a bunch of weapons. Several 14 and 15 star ones. Can't say for sure but it'd be silly if at least some of those weren't "all class" weapons.

I believe this change has already happened because Episode 6 changed the fight so that she can punish players for cheesing her especially for the Ranger and Hero.

Before Episode 5, Phaleg was relatively ground-based fight where you didn't have a whole lot of tricks besides the class dodge and block mechanics. However, you could make things a bit easier by having rings like the Leaping Dodge (L) ring to make some space where she couldn't get you (in the air). When Episode 5 was released the Hero was able to cheese the fight by staying in the air with the Talis' teleportation and completely avoid any of her attacks. When the mobility rings became baked into the classes and double jumping was introduced suddenly players were so much more agile and mobile than ever and the fight was trivial because as long as you were in the air she couldn't touch you.

In Episode 6 Phaleg was adjusted to give anti-air attacks and so that you do less and less damage over time the longer you are in the air or if you are too far (an arbitrary nerf that has nothing to do with the player or the actual skill of the boss) and she was given a much larger health pool because by this point players were too powerful to cheese her as a challenge anyways. In the global version we already got this version of the fight and if you already know how Phaleg fights this doesn't actually change very much other than that it's tuned and scaled more towards what is expected of players during Episode 5 and Episode 6.

If there were further buffs to her then I am not aware of those because she was originally the "challenge" boss that ended up becoming trivialized with the powercreep players have gotten.

Phaleg for global is much more difficult than the JP server because of alot of nerfs because you could cheese the win, Ranger for instance, you could easily win with using Deceptor Double which would make her go after your double giving you an opening to blast her...but now that isn't nearly as effective and its exceptionally difficult for ranger.

Before they nerfed Deceptor, you could literally just use Deceptor then blast away with positron blast, rinse and repeat to an easy s-rank. Now, I'm not even sure what the 'easiest' method to get an s-rank is for her, she's pretty much a pain to beat on any class and not so much for her own cheap attacks.

There are two easier methods to beat her moving forward, you might not get an s-rank but at least you can beat her.

1. Summoner/Phantom

or

1. Hunter/Etiole

These two class/subclass will be the easiest to beat her, Summoner with 14* pets makes her mostly trival because she's attacking your pets and not you.....and Hunter/Etiole has insane damage reduction + Iron will giving you a fairly good chance. Also, don't assume having 15* gear and nice units make it a trivial fight, she is still considered one of the toughest bosses in the game.

I still can't beat her on my ranger and that is using a 8s 185 Drache EX with lifesteal/FJ launcher and Ofze units, since I can't use deceptor she'll make a beeline straight for you and any single stun she does is game over...and she's a pain in the rear for her stuns. Summoner she's a tough fight and good practice for me.

As stated above, we got the final version of Phaleg at the start. I'm more concerned as to why you're using an all-class SB as HU though. Did you build your tree completely as a subclass for BO? If you have it set up as a main class, sword or partisan with the counter L ring makes the first part easy. Charge parry makes the dashes and stun orbs easy, though you might want to manual guard the last dash in a triple. Everything else is free damage/PP, especially the stomp for sword. It's basically braindead, with the easily met condition of 151+ PP for partisan so you can comfortably charge parry with any PA after a volkraptor string.

@Vexation said in So How Does Phaleg Jumps to Lv. 90 Again?:

I have no idea about Phaleg, however I do know Episode 6 will release a bunch of weapons. Several 14 and 15 star ones. Can't say for sure but it'd be silly if at least some of those weren't "all class" weapons.

It would be nice to find these on the weapon shop like the other weapons, which was a pleasant surprise since the Thanksgiving event won't end until Dec. 11 and those badges have to be used for the RB4 by then.

@VanillaLucia said in So How Does Phaleg Jumps to Lv. 90 Again?:

I believe this change has already happened because Episode 6 changed the fight so that she can punish players for cheesing her especially for the Ranger and Hero.

Before Episode 5, Phaleg was relatively ground-based fight where you didn't have a whole lot of tricks besides the class dodge and block mechanics. However, you could make things a bit easier by having rings like the Leaping Dodge (L) ring to make some space where she couldn't get you (in the air). When Episode 5 was released the Hero was able to cheese the fight by staying in the air with the Talis' teleportation and completely avoid any of her attacks. When the mobility rings became baked into the classes and double jumping was introduced suddenly players were so much more agile and mobile than ever and the fight was trivial because as long as you were in the air she couldn't touch you.

In Episode 6 Phaleg was adjusted to give anti-air attacks and so that you do less and less damage over time the longer you are in the air or if you are too far (an arbitrary nerf that has nothing to do with the player or the actual skill of the boss) and she was given a much larger health pool because by this point players were too powerful to cheese her as a challenge anyways. In the global version we already got this version of the fight and if you already know how Phaleg fights this doesn't actually change very much other than that it's tuned and scaled more towards what is expected of players during Episode 5 and Episode 6.

If there were further buffs to her then I am not aware of those because she was originally the "challenge" boss that ended up becoming trivialized with the powercreep players have gotten.

So she was the hardest version like I've seen in other threads about her, it's just that it seems like after this maintenance she'll be properly scaled if Episode 6 comes out after this and I was making good time on her too to being able to fight with 3 and a half minutes left because of that weapon I have.

@Amari-Kigu said in So How Does Phaleg Jumps to Lv. 90 Again?:

Phaleg for global is much more difficult than the JP server because of alot of nerfs because you could cheese the win, Ranger for instance, you could easily win with using Deceptor Double which would make her go after your double giving you an opening to blast her...but now that isn't nearly as effective and its exceptionally difficult for ranger.

Before they nerfed Deceptor, you could literally just use Deceptor then blast away with positron blast, rinse and repeat to an easy s-rank. Now, I'm not even sure what the 'easiest' method to get an s-rank is for her, she's pretty much a pain to beat on any class and not so much for her own cheap attacks.

There are two easier methods to beat her moving forward, you might not get an s-rank but at least you can beat her.

1. Summoner/Phantom

or

1. Hunter/Etiole

These two class/subclass will be the easiest to beat her, Summoner with 14* pets makes her mostly trival because she's attacking your pets and not you.....and Hunter/Etiole has insane damage reduction + Iron will giving you a fairly good chance. Also, don't assume having 15* gear and nice units make it a trivial fight, she is still considered one of the toughest bosses in the game.

I still can't beat her on my ranger and that is using a 8s 185 Drache EX with lifesteal/FJ launcher and Ofze units, since I can't use deceptor she'll make a beeline straight for you and any single stun she does is game over...and she's a pain in the rear for her stuns. Summoner she's a tough fight and good practice for me.

Those are some good strategies, though I'm not sure if I'll like the idea of using Etolie because of the healing reduction just to even out the damage to be more reasonable in her fight, since the pain from attempting an Ultimate Quest with no magic as a Braver/Fighter the first time around is still kind of painful. I'd still rather try to beat her as Hunter/Bouncer first before I do the other classes, even though in this fight I have a better shot using healing weapons and items while being lucky with Iron Will rather than rely on magic.

@AiC-L said in So How Does Phaleg Jumps to Lv. 90 Again?:

As stated above, we got the final version of Phaleg at the start. I'm more concerned as to why you're using an all-class SB as HU though. Did you build your tree completely as a subclass for BO? If you have it set up as a main class, sword or partisan with the counter L ring makes the first part easy. Charge parry makes the dashes and stun orbs easy, though you might want to manual guard the last dash in a triple. Everything else is free damage/PP, especially the stomp for sword. It's basically braindead, with the easily met condition of 151+ PP for partisan so you can comfortably charge parry with any PA after a volkraptor string.

I'm not good with partisans and while I was practicing with it for a bit to get ready to fight her before I found out about the Occuld Soaring Blades, a weapon type that I'm much better at as a secondary weapon and also heals like Lightning Espada , I wasn't too confident if I also had the charge heal with them as well wasn't too sure about the PAs I'm using, since the strongest "ranged" attack seems like Justice Crow to me but it looks like I have to charge it in two different ways (including the super stab). I doubt that last part is true but that's what it felt like to me when I was trying to use it on my previous attempts, before I can switch over to my sword for the final part of her phase. I'm confident I can get to her second phase faster now that I can use a weapon that I'm good at that also heals.
Although with her jumping to level 90 now I'm not so sure about this weapon's power anymore, though I do wonder why I can't use weapons that I'm subbed for, especially since she may get a boost in health very soon.

@Guilrel said in So How Does Phaleg Jumps to Lv. 90 Again?:

Although with her jumping to level 90 now I'm not so sure about this weapon's power anymore, though I do wonder why I can't use weapons that I'm subbed for, especially since she may get a boost in health very soon.

The last I recalled (in fighting her as the Luster on the Japanese side) she is still Level 80 (Video Example Here that I just pulled off of YouTube).

I hope when you are talking about "Braver/Fighter" and "Hunter/Bouncer" you don't legitimately mean Hunter main class and Bouncer subclass because that is unfortunately a combination that will make this particular fight much harder than it should be. The main reason being that the Bouncer as a subclass does not offer you much to work with for damage bonuses unless you use the Break Stance with the Dual Blade/Soaring Blade weapon bonus (if I recall that was main-class exclusive) and you also lack the safety nets the Bouncer has on their main class weapons. You will be spending a lot of the fight timing your attacks to have a temporary invincibility or dodging and you tend to have a lot of options as a Bouncer for how to approach and handle these situations though not as easily as the Hunter with their enormously forgiving blocking mechanics. Braver/Fighter isn't a bad class combination but it is more of a niche combination that ends up falling off in favor of future combos (like the Braver/Phantom) because a lot of the Fighter's mechanics are beneficial but to my experience it doesn't excel in a particular way that the Hunter can't get close to unlike classes like the Gunner where Gunner/Fighter and Gunner/Hunter start separating at Level 85 (if you intend to be mobbing enemies with the Gunner the Fighter is superior without a doubt). But I would very heavily recommend you sticking to Bouncer/Hunter for now if you intend to use the Soaring Blades or to flip to Fighter/Bouncer to take advantage of crafted Soaring Blades when we get the weapon crafting implemented in-game. However, Fighter/Bouncer is an even more fragile class where getting touched at any point is essentially suicide and the game is essentially like the "Hell or Hell" difficulty on Devil May Cry where you can deal damage but any hit you take is a one-shot kill due to you not having any particular safety nets.

In the Phaleg fight regardless of what you have your healing is always nerfed so you never will heal quite as much or as fast as you would anticipate. Because of this, the Etoile actually serves as a very powerful safety net because her normal "instant-kill" attacks will not be able to instant-kill you and her hard-hitting attacks become very "normal" compared to what other classes experience. However, this is some of the content that emphasizes the sort of "don't get hit" gameplay that Episodes 5 and 6 start pushing for and if you are an Etoile you have all the tools available typically to not get hit anyways (but aren't penalized so much for getting hit unlike classes like the Hero).

I do not know if Phaleg actually receieves any other changes like I mentioned because I only recall her remaining at Level 80 and still being very difficult if you don't know how the fight works or how to play your class to adapt to her. It will likely remain to be the same fight as we have had ever since we got it on global so the fortunate news is that it only gets "easier" from here.

@Guilrel said in So How Does Phaleg Jumps to Lv. 90 Again?:

I'm not good with partisans and while I was practicing with it for a bit to get ready to fight her before I found out about the Occuld Soaring Blades, a weapon type that I'm much better at as a secondary weapon and also heals like Lightning Espada , I wasn't too confident if I also had the charge heal with them as well wasn't too sure about the PAs I'm using, since the strongest "ranged" attack seems like Justice Crow to me but it looks like I have to charge it in two different ways (including the super stab). I doubt that last part is true but that's what it felt like to me when I was trying to use it on my previous attempts, before I can switch over to my sword for the final part of her phase. I'm confident I can get to her second phase faster now that I can use a weapon that I'm good at that also heals.

Not completely sure what your first sentence is saying, but no, SB do not have charge attacks. If you don't have to hold the button to charge it up, it's not a charge attack. It just has windup. Not that SB's two PAs with a big windup don't have iframes or guard frames anyways.

The gameplay for partisan in phase 1 is actually really straightfoward: Set up Volkraptor during the lag after a triple dash or stomp (before or after the double sidestep). You are now on the offense. Go as far into Decisive Sweep->Assault Buster->Bandersnatch as you can (completion, Volkraptor pops, or Phaleg throws something that you can't just hold a charge through). You are now on defense. Just sit there and perfect guard counter until Phaleg uses a double/triple dash attack or stomp. Charge up a Volkraptor to block 2 hits of the dash attack, and either fire if it ends at two or guard cancel into perfect guard counter into Volkraptor if it's three. If it's a stomp, perfect guard into Volkraptor. You are now back on offense. That's literally it. You can certainly make it better with stuff like AB crossup against the shockwave kicks, but that's enough to S rank.