If you can fit it into tomorrow's maintenance, please correct the "Rivalate" weapons.

Ofzte units are supposed to be Austere as well. Instead of Austology for legs, we got Ofztrogie. I do prefer ophistia to austere for the weapons though.

@mafia-leblanc said in If you can fit it into tomorrow's maintenance, please correct the "Rivalate" weapons.:

Ofzte units are supposed to be Austere as well. Instead of Austology for legs, we got Ofztrogie. I do prefer ophistia to austere for the weapons though.

No they are not, Austere was always an incorrect translation because the original name (Ofusutia) wasn't any actual known word.

@Kos So basically, the Ophistia weapons?

On reflection while I don't mind translators making a measured choice, it can feel a bit unprofessional when it's not one they stick with. Are Ophistia and Ofze are meant to be the same range? If so that connection is broken for us.

The likeness to Phantasy Star Universe here is not De Ragan as the aforementioned intentional change even on Japan, but the various inconsistencies with enemies from the expansion whose reference to enemies from the base game was lost in translation to English. Such as Go Bajilla which was meant to be a variant Badira.

This is the same series of games that once translated, "Falz," as, "Force," then swapped to, "Falz," after years of english speakers knowing it as, "Dark Force."

You just roll with it.

@Miraglyth said in If you can fit it into tomorrow's maintenance, please correct the "Rivalate" weapons.:

That might be a bad example. If I recall they purposefully derivated from Dragon even in Japanese to distinguish it from the Forest boss in Online. They did that a few times if I remember.

That... That literally was my point.

PSO was the only time in the series history where they used a "normal" naming convention for one of their enemies (in this case the Dragon). In literally every other itteration of the game, including the original quad-rilogy, they've always used oddball naming conventions for their enemies and spells.

@Blade-Syphon said in If you can fit it into tomorrow's maintenance, please correct the "Rivalate" weapons.:

That... That literally was my point.

Thanks for clearing it up then.

@Blade-Syphon said in If you can fit it into tomorrow's maintenance, please correct the "Rivalate" weapons.:

In literally every other itteration of the game, including the original quad-rilogy, they've always used oddball naming conventions for their enemies and spells.

Many of those conventions have persisted in their original form too, most obviously Res(ta), Anti and various element names such as Foi(e), (Gran)Tsu and Zan. Foie and Grants remained ever-present through Online and Universe, but Zan is interesting because the wind element largely departed after classic, reduced to references (such as the visual effects of twin dagger PAs in Universe; Shir in II used twin daggers and the Zan spells) until its main-line return in Online 2.

Not quite every iteration though. Now is a good time to discuss this because Online 2's Episode 5 highlights how the original Phantasy Star was an exception. That game did not retain oddball naming in its 1987/8 localisation, using simple names instead. Online 2 is a little inconsistent on whether to reference that localisation or retranslate. In particular during Episode 5, Alis uses Exit and Bindwa. Exit is the old localisation of the spell Suruto/Surtr (learned by Lutz and Myau, not Alis) which is still the name used by Online 2 in Japanese. On the other hand, Bindwa is a direct retranslation of the spell (learned by Alis) that was originally called "Rope" in the old localisation.

i mean if the potential that comes with it uses LIBERATE then surely the weapon should use LIBERATE also?

to keep it as RIVALATE implies there is a RIVALRY, and the weapons are an object of that rivalry, they are RIVALATES.

but again that makes no sense in regard to the potential whivch CLEARLY USES LIBERATE

It matters not, it’s the same with Ophistia/austure and Trailblazer/Lightstream. Just have get used to the names. The Cras units are already known via datamine as Klaus units.