WHICH SCION CLASS DO YOU THINK IS THE STRONGEST? HERO? PHANTOM? ETOILE? LUSTER?

Really, the best class thing is trivial, as a player will only every fully utilize a class based upon their preferred playstyle. That's even correct lore wise, as Echo tries being a Hunter in the absence of Zeno, and she gets told her strengths sit more in a support role, rather than a melee role. So by extension, players will have their strengths and weaknesses, and should focus on honing those strengths to decide their class, and become the best at them. Teams made up of multiple classes, all with expertise in their respective fields, typically will have better team cohesion, and survivability.

@Anarchy-Marine That absolutely isn’t true as there are classes that better than each other and weapon types that do better than others in relevant content. It has to do with the ease of use to power ratio, for example fighter while have one of the highest on paper dps against bosses isn’t played as a much because of how much harder it is to use compared to say any of the scion classes. And with Luster actually having higher dps than fighter with more safety nets, higher mobility, and range combined with it’s overall ease of use puts fighter to shame this making fighter obsolete as a main class if going for maximum dps.

@Vexation said in WHICH SCION CLASS DO YOU THINK IS THE STRONGEST? HERO? PHANTOM? ETOILE? LUSTER?:

It's my understanding that hunter is good for raids only for it's survivability. Which means it relies on the rest of the party to make up for it's lack of damage. Not saying it can't do damage mind you, but that it doesn't do as much.

"lack of damage". sword hunter is one of the strongest weapon's for raid boss in the game because of it's damage.

here's an ultra hard persona trigger solo using sword hunter

Lots of blaze/ignition parry that were ignited. Don't think you can expect this from most Hu players on global - they think it's a tank that absorbs hits. 🙄

@HarmlessSyan said in WHICH SCION CLASS DO YOU THINK IS THE STRONGEST? HERO? PHANTOM? ETOILE? LUSTER?:

Lots of blaze/ignition parry that were ignited. Don't think you can expect this from most Hu players on global - they think it's a tank that absorbs hits. 🙄

this highlights the issue quite well yes. people have skewed perspectives on global due to lack of experience.

@Milranduil said in WHICH SCION CLASS DO YOU THINK IS THE STRONGEST? HERO? PHANTOM? ETOILE? LUSTER?:

@Vexation said in WHICH SCION CLASS DO YOU THINK IS THE STRONGEST? HERO? PHANTOM? ETOILE? LUSTER?:

It's my understanding that hunter is good for raids only for it's survivability. Which means it relies on the rest of the party to make up for it's lack of damage. Not saying it can't do damage mind you, but that it doesn't do as much.

"lack of damage". sword hunter is one of the strongest weapon's for raid boss in the game because of it's damage.

The person in the video also has an Etoile subclass. Which does nice things for hunters damage. Hunter as it is though pre-episode 6 can't exactly do that.

The damage modifiers for Fi sub (Brave Stance) and Et sub are not that far apart. With all modifiers factored in, Fi sub (Brave) is x1.859 and Et sub is x1.874. You can also take a total of +200 base atk from the Fi as a sub tree and PP Slayer (+200 non-base atk) since you'll have enough points to cover the gap too. Whereas Et sub is only +50 base atk, but it is more pp efficient and the damage is less conditional when comparing TAJA to TACB. You'll be able to make better use of critical damage s-abilities as Et and the critical strike ring for 100% crit rate which will push sub Et a bit further ahead, but it's not as dramatic as Fi sub losing out by 20% damage or something like that.

Mastering Blaze Parry in a scenario such as this is super high DPS regardless of Fi or Et sub. Hell, Blaze Parry is so good even Fi/Hu benefits from it to the point it can out DPS all 3 Fi weapons in appropriate situations.

@Vexation no, Et doesn't make that much of a difference in damage dealt, just much less damage taken and can't use lifesteal.

@Milranduil said in WHICH SCION CLASS DO YOU THINK IS THE STRONGEST? HERO? PHANTOM? ETOILE? LUSTER?:

The person in the video also has an Etoile subclass. Which does nice things for hunters damage. Hunter as it is though pre-episode 6 can't exactly do that.

And to add on to this there are plenty of other classes that can clear Persona UH in a much shorter time frame as well making Hunter not very good at dpsing compared to other classes.

Also Hunter sword dps is (on paper) worse than partizan dps if we're going by that logic anyways thanks to volkraptor combos.

Mhm, I never said Hunter didn't do damage but compared to other things it's not quite as much.

@NotWhoUThink uh under 15mins on Persona UH is very good, you aren't going to find times much shorter especially this was in July. Only one I found faster than this was a Gunner. Maybe with level 100 and Luster now. Make sure you are looking for UH not XH. Blaze Parry aka Ignition Parry is hella broken

@NotWhoUThink said in WHICH SCION CLASS DO YOU THINK IS THE STRONGEST? HERO? PHANTOM? ETOILE? LUSTER?:

And to add on to this there are plenty of other classes that can clear Persona UH in a much shorter time frame as well making Hunter not very good at dpsing compared to other classes.

i'm waiting for some links

Mhm, I never said Hunter didn't do damage but compared to other things it's not quite as much.

Such as? This is in the context of Persona UH solo.

Also real quick question, why are we using Persona UH as a benchmark for raid bosses when there are clearly harder bosses? In JP I'm pretty sure the benchmark checking for dps is Omega Masquerade depth 999 in which case I've seen no Hunter gameplay much less a fast clear time from a Hunter main? I'm asking a serious question btw.