WHICH SCION CLASS DO YOU THINK IS THE STRONGEST? HERO? PHANTOM? ETOILE? LUSTER?

@Matt While its true Scions were meant to be THE endgame classes, because the base classes have been powercrept by insane amounts they can compete with Scions and even in some circumstances be better than scions. I will agree Scions have a MUCH higher skill ceiling and can outperform any of the base classes assuming someone can even handle that. The skill ceiling for majority of people is way too high for that. Hell you have people on here complaining how solo PD/Phaleg/4man Deus was meant for the 0.1% of players when anyone with 2 braincells could clear them.

Just because the scion classes have the potential to be better doesnt mean they are with the majority of people. Thats why i even said i believe they should have just reworked the base classes to be more like scion classes. Maybe i mis-interpreted the post because i based mine solely on damage numbers. If were factoring in everything else scions get compared to base classes, then yes Scions way outclass and are way more fun than base classes. But my post was purely from a damage perspective since thats what most people tend to complain about which is just false.

@Arcflare said in WHICH SCION CLASS DO YOU THINK IS THE STRONGEST? HERO? PHANTOM? ETOILE? LUSTER?:

Hell you have people on here complaining how solo PD/Phaleg/4man Deus was meant for the 0.1% of players when anyone with 2 braincells could clear them.

It’s a pretty big jump in difficulty from the rest of the older content, I can’t do it either.

That's not even considering situations where we have extremely mobile and aggressive enemies where counter damage has the highest DPS output, PP efficiency, palette space, not dealing with a class that has demerits on its skills, and difference in potential AoE of the class weapons.

Maybe i mis-interpreted the post because i based mine solely on damage numbers.

i think you just skimmed a little too quickly

Etoile has vast utility as a subclass. Hunter/Etoile is virtually unkillable via the combo of Auto-Mate and Damage Balancer unless a boss has a 1 shot ability or you run out of mates to heal with.

@Furious Why balance things at all when NGS/EP7/lolPSO3 is coming and everyone 99 percent starts over? The major reason NGS exists is so SEGA can correct all the critical mistakes they made, such as the Power Creep, Scion Classes, and the super inflating economy.

For Phaleg, all you need to do is spam dodge counter. = w=

@Guardian said in WHICH SCION CLASS DO YOU THINK IS THE STRONGEST? HERO? PHANTOM? ETOILE? LUSTER?:

@Furious Why balance things at all when NGS/EP7/lolPSO3 is coming and everyone 99 percent starts over? The major reason NGS exists is so SEGA can correct all the critical mistakes they made, such as the Power Creep, Scion Classes, and the super inflating economy.

And how much longer until NGS? Perhaps I have missed something somewhere, but "next year" could still be up to 13 months away. Some sort of minor balancing passes could be done in the interim.

They said spring of next year so we still got like 6 or 7 months of PSO2 and yeah we'd be sorta starting over in NGS but no one said anything about the classes being different. Unless they did and I didn't see that part.

@Vexation said in WHICH SCION CLASS DO YOU THINK IS THE STRONGEST? HERO? PHANTOM? ETOILE? LUSTER?:

They said spring of next year so we still got like 6 or 7 months of PSO2 and yeah we'd be sorta starting over in NGS but no one said anything about the classes being different. Unless they did and I didn't see that part.

In the livestream that Sega showed in the Tokyo Game Show earlier this year they showed that the three current classes (Hunter, Ranger, and Force) are very different than they are in the original game.

Basic Introduction:

PSO2 NEW GENESIS Introduction - Hunter (37:38)

PSO2 NEW GENESIS Introduction - Ranger (40:53)

PSO2 NEW GENESIS Introduction - Force (44:17)

The key things shown here are what I can summarize as:

• Hunters have a five-hit combo and maintain a lot of their core gameplay. In addition they have the perfect-dodge mechanic from the Hero and can follow up with a perfect-counter. They can also alternatively perfect-block and perfect the fifth hit of their normal combo immediately as a counter-attack. In this video they are shown to use a Complex Photon Art similar to "Imperial Cleave" that they get in Episode 6.

• Rangers adopt the Bow-Braver's mobility in being able to dodge while attacking. They also adopt the Hero's ability to rapid-fire and the ability to "hover" while shooting in the air like the Hero does as well. They also have the Luster's weapon action which allows them to shoot and dodge at the same time. Instead of a "movement" or "stationary" mechanic like they had originally, they now have a "Perfect Range" mechanic where being too close or too far reduces the effectiveness of your attacks. Rangers also have a perfect-dodge and a perfect-counter they can fire in response. In the initial trailers they are shown to be using a very flashy shot attack that sends them spinning which is likely a Complex Photon Art of some sort.

• The Force now inherits a lot of visual aspects of the Wand-Etoile. However, as they wield a rod instead of a wand, their attacks are projectile based and they shoot magical bolts at enemies. There were only two techniques demonstrated (Foie and Barta) and it seemed that there is a difference between using them uncharged and charged as the uncharged Foie shoots a fireball and the charged version immediately detonates on the target. Barta builds up ice crystals on the enemy and the charged version detonates those ice crystals. Like the Wand-Etoile, the Force now boasts a shield for blocking similarly to now Nabarta Type-0 works (which was further extended in the Wand-Etoile's shield). Elemental gameplay is much more heavily emphasized here as they demonstrated freezing a speedy enemy. IN the initial trailers the Force was shown to be using a Complex Photon Art that looked similar to the Wand-Etoile's "Luminous Flare."

I find myself being curious on what else they show as the original classes have inherited mechanics such as the "Photon Dash" (which seems to be similar to how NieR: Automata's "sprinting" is which is where you continue moving after a dodge which results in the character sprinting) and the "Photon Glide" which is done by holding the jump button in the air while falling. The players were able to demonstrate drop-attacks from the air which seems to hint to me that the Luster is definitely the test bed for a lot of these mechanics as well (or at least of "overloading" our controls with more uses and utility). You may notice in the video that Wands and Twin Machineguns do drop but they are not yet demonstrated. Another very big hint to see is that the just attack mechanic is not present.

That video made Force look amazing, I’m deadset on it bring my class for NGS.

@coldreactive said in WHICH SCION CLASS DO YOU THINK IS THE STRONGEST? HERO? PHANTOM? ETOILE? LUSTER?:

@Zarozion said in WHICH SCION CLASS DO YOU THINK IS THE STRONGEST? HERO? PHANTOM? ETOILE? LUSTER?:

@The-Raven said in WHICH SCION CLASS DO YOU THINK IS THE STRONGEST? HERO? PHANTOM? ETOILE? LUSTER?:

The correct answer is Luster which is currently the strongest class in like 90% of content in the game.

Explain further. = w=

Luster has an ability that basically extends the shoot/gun system where depending on the element of the weapon used, you become a tank, DPS, etc. In addition, your skills completely can change.

Incredible. Which element would this be?

@Zarozion said in WHICH SCION CLASS DO YOU THINK IS THE STRONGEST? HERO? PHANTOM? ETOILE? LUSTER?:

Incredible. Which element would this be?

The Luster has three specific styles:

• Fomel (Fire/Dark) emphasizes using offensive attacks and using Enhance Arts (holding the photon art button) to maximize damage.
  • Zandi (Wind/Lightning) emphasizes speed and utilizes perfect-dodges and counter attacks and using mobility to maximize damage.
  • Baran (Ice/Light) emphasizes being stationary and utilizes guard-points in the attacks and uses stationary attacks (attacking just as you would get hit) to maximize damage.

All styles have access to a "Purge" style that is done by double-tapping the weapon action with puts the Luster into a neutral state. In order to switch styles you must have a Gunslash of the appropriate element (or the S4: Genesis Ring ability with a corresponding Right Ring) to change between these playstyles.

Unlike other classes, Luster does not have a class trainer or a tutorial quest. You learn the job based off of official information released and playing the class itself. Sammie PSO translated/subbed the official explanation video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AmSBzCXVzQ

Luster regardless of which style you play, is a high mobility DPS with fast attacks. The basic PAs for all style are the same motions with tweaks to the added effects based on the style - only things that are truly different are the special weapon actions for each style. I don't think Luster can be a "tank" that can just absorb hits like Hunter and Etoile can. With the extended guard frames duration on Baran style and the Just Guard Bonus (25% damage reduction), it is just an insurance that you don't get 1 shotted. Most people don't use Baran style for the defense but rather the extra range this style has - I think it is too much of a DPS loss to time your PA based on enemy attacks.

I’ve watched Luster videos and my god I think that class looks too advanced for me, it’s a lot to take in! I still want to try it because it looks cool, I can see players being unstoppable if they can master it.

@Milk said in WHICH SCION CLASS DO YOU THINK IS THE STRONGEST? HERO? PHANTOM? ETOILE? LUSTER?:

I’ve watched Luster videos and my god I think that class looks too advanced for me, it’s a lot to take in! I still want to try it because it looks cool, I can see players being unstoppable if they can master it.

The Luster has a lot of "overloaded" inputs which are much easier to play than to explain. Essentially in a nutshell without even touching the photon arts the class has a lot of gameplay baked into it that is meant to feel natural (jumping during your attacks opens you up for rising into the air and can auto-cast techniques if you hold the jump button or you can drop down by pressing the jump button, for example). What ruins the other classes for me is that the Luster has a lot of conveniences baked into its class such as having their dodge button work as a dodge and pressing it twice working as a forward-slide which sends you flying. If you happen to move or attack during this slide you can teleport and reposition yourself around the enemy and the area so you are very highly mobile (more than the Hero) without needing to pull out specific weapons. Similarly, the weapon action has a number of uses as you can use it to shoot-and-dodge, use it as a charged shot for focused damage, and also use it as a means to purge your current style to enter a neutral state. The class has a lot going for it in just basic gameplay and being able to throw in its photon arts into the mix simply makes the combat flashy and still gives players the control to break out and counter when needed.

Unlike the Hero who has relatively slow attacks in comparison and builds their gameplay through cycling photon arts, attacks, and weapons, the Luster can get away with slicing up enemies at very high speeds and fast attacks to build up their Voltage (essentially a combo-counter). The Voltage mechanic definitely helps the Luster set up their higher-end attacks and sustains them as depending on how high you can get your voltage it ends up both increasing your power (auto-casting Shifta/Deband when you reach specific combo intervals) and can completely restore Luster Will. If for whatever reason you lost your entire combo count what you had gets refunded back as health and photon points so you can start again. In easier content, however, the Luster simply does not reach the peak of their power due to how fast enemies die but it is very fun to freeform your combos with like the Hero.