ARKS League: Don't do this!!

@Miraglyth Well can't your alliance fill an entire instance? If you all work together, you'll get more of what ever the league requires. All for the rewards i see... Hmph.

@Shirokami07 said in ARKS League: Don't do this!!:

@Miraglyth said in ARKS League: Don't do this!!:

What is this? Why would people do this?

They're imbeciles, wish it was possible to kick people in a MPA trolling

Not everyone has the same objective. Some people could just be killing some time while completing the weekly tier missions which require woods completions, some people just want to explore and then fight the boss and others have very specific intentions. No one is a imbecile because they are playing the game differently.

If you want people all chasing after the same goal, form a group and do as you please.

@Miraglyth said in ARKS League: Don't do this!!:

New grievance: Don't set up camp for a PSE Burst in a falspawn area. That one I do attribute to incompetence. It's funny that I switched to Gettemhult's outfit yesterday, this kind of nonsense really helps understand his Episode 1 pre-Chapter 8 mindset.

I'm going to finish 4th or 5th this time. I had to change games twice in the last 15 minutes because of how awful the MPAs were, and while the last game was great there wasn't enough time left to catch up.

I haven't checked yet, but I think I got stuck with the same party of three tryhards as the last three league windows now. Why is it always the same group? Whether I start with 20 or 50 minutes left, there they freaking are. And if I even get one bad MPA I'm instantly limited to 10 SG for my efforts because of it. Is there some way to blacklist them? I want to compete on a level playing field.

ARKS League is meant to be a nice injection of SG. It's just making me miserable to always be a sliver behind the extreme falloff of the reward. 4th place awarding 10 SG is an act of cruelty. I remember hoping it'd be an improvement on always finishing in 21st-39th on weekly TA rankings. If only.

At least you got something. I worked my but off to try get at least last place and NADA. As you mentioned, It is a BIG SLAP IN THE FACE.

Mira keeps talking about loops and supernatural and falspawn grids. I didn't even know such a thing existed. Granted the area annoys me. So I tend to just not go in there. It's quite likely some people mess it up cause they honestly don't know any better.

Ya'll so serious and trying so hard, time for some relaxing fishing ARKS league

I do tend to take it way too seriously sometimes, it’s that adrenaline rush. I remember being like “no **** off, get away from my star monies!” anytime someone caught up to me in numbers.

Other times I get 10SG from not trying, I’m just leveling an alt. When I’m gunning for first though I really mean it!

@Yggranya said in ARKS League: Don't do this!!:

@Miraglyth Well can't your alliance fill an entire instance?

My "alliance" is a group of independent players with no obligations to each other who only really stay grouped for the Join An Alliance campaigns and tree buffs. This is meant to be a kill contest, not an alliance contest. There are already alliance rankings separate to ARKS League.

@Vexation said in ARKS League: Don't do this!!:

Mira keeps talking about loops and supernatural and falspawn grids. I didn't even know such a thing existed.

All part of the learning experience!

Yeah, if you press N you get a big version of the map with grid co-ordinates (these are also used by the operators in Emergency Code Collect). Each square has a pre-set spawn type (boss spawns are an exception; they can appear anywhere). It's useful during ARKS League to work out which squares spawn supernaturals and set up a route that maximises those, preferably on a loop that's large enough that they spawn each square you move through.

@Milk said in ARKS League: Don't do this!!:

I do tend to take it way too seriously sometimes, it’s that adrenaline rush.

I can definitely understand that, and that's more about the fun of competition than the reward. I think it's a good thing and when a good game gets flowing it definitely feels like a new way to play the game. I like that part.

But I won't lie, for me a part of the motivation is to have a chance to finish in the rewarding positions. I finished 34th in the solo TA ranking this week. I'm consistently finishing 21st to 39th every week. Considering 11th to 20th gives 30 SG and 21st to 100th gives 10 SG, this is the equivalent of finishing 4th in an ARKS League. This has been the case for months, with generally the same people finishing in the top 20. It's saddening.

That's why I described my hopes for ARKS League as a chance to compete without those people keeping me out of the rewarding positions, and why I've become a little disheartened that mistakes with the format keep it from providing this. Case in point...

I finally managed to avoid that alliance in the window just now. Spent a good 45 minutes helping co-ordinate a good Woods game and got an excellent PSE Burst part-way through. Even without that I'd have finished comfortably ahead of everyone else... except one person.

Who was in the same game as me.

59d7f284-e234-4c95-9bf6-a4c2ca4ebebd-image.png

Probably my occasional stopping to send messages to get people to stick together (which was needed and proved helpful) saw me fall behind the pack just enough times that this person got kill credit for a handful of kills that I didn't. So for helping the entire game perform better, I essentially got punished with a demotion to second place. Either that or they simply joined the game a few seconds before me (the same way someone joined a few seconds after me the previous league and narrowly finished 2nd behind me).

Overall I'm not complaining. If I could wave a magic wand to finish 2nd every league I'd do so. 50 SG consistently would be way better than finishing 4th half the time and narrowly missing out on any worthwhile reward. But it just shows off another problem with the format that they really could have designed better, exacerbated by the fact that this is a supernatural league and the best way to farm supernaturals is a quest with unlimited enemies.

Forum Fedora over here is way overcomplicating things. Theres much simpler and faster ways of guaranteeing you get 100sg everytime in the arks league.

@Laep said in ARKS League: Don't do this!!:

Theres much simpler and faster ways

Surely it's better to be complicated than vague. What are these alleged ways?

@Vexation I'm in the same spot lol like how do you even tell?

All part of the learning experience!

Yeah, if you press N you get a big version of the map with grid co-ordinates (these are also used by the operators in Emergency Code Collect). Each square has a pre-set spawn type (boss spawns are an exception; they can appear anywhere). It's useful during ARKS League to work out which squares spawn supernaturals and set up a route that maximises those, preferably on a loop that's large enough that they spawn each square you move through. .

@Omnomidon The above is what Mira said about it. I haven't tested it myself yet to see how well this works. But, before reading this thread I was under the impression that spawns were random and didn't have any kind of predictability.

@Vexation No, Mira's correct. Each area in BW will spawn the same enemies each time unless a boss or ET spawns. Run it for 2-3 laps and you'll see for yourself. Even ETs will spawn the same type of enemy, Supernatural or Falspawn. There are some areas where both spawn together as well.

@Miraglyth There is a specific route to take to maximize kill profit in bewitched woods? Woah woah, can you enlighten me more on this?

Im not doubting it's true. I'm just not sure how I'm supposed to tell which monsters spawn without having to mentally tally it all myself. At any rate, I still avoid it and somehow manage to occasionally flub my way into 10 star gems on occasion. That said busy doing story right now. I love the free SG but otherwise find it tedious.

It feels so good when you do win first but man it’s a commitment. The last time I was going for gold it made my kitten insanely jealous. She started biting my controller like why are you doing that, you should be paying attention to me!, if it were as long as an UQ I’d try it a lot more often, I love League though.