Atlas EX Questions - Shocking news (to me!)

I just watched a youtube video by keroppi on the Ep. 6 news. When he talked about the Atlas EX weapons being almost given away, I was surprised by a few revelations that I didn't fully understand.

1. He said that an Atlas gunblade would be given out, but it was cool because you'd also get materials that would let you change it into any Atlas weapon. WHAT?!?! How can you change a Weapon into another weapon? I went and scoured the dudu options and didn't see anything that said "Change a weapon to another weapon". The closest thing was weapon transmutation which said it only changes the appearance. How is this done?

2. The other thing he suggested was that before changing the gift Atlas gunblade to another weapon (above) that you add an S augment for Life Steal. How do you do this? It sounded like you just select Dudu's "add augment" on an Atlas EX weapon at +35. However, I tried it on my Atlas Ex katana +35 and it didn't offer me any cool S augments to add unless I pulled it off of one of my other weapons. Do you automatically get certain S augments to add once you get high level weapons to 35? If not, what is Keroppi talking about and how do I get the Life Steal S augment onto it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1. Zieg has a "Change Weapon Category" option where you can change weapons from one type to another. This will let you change Atlas EX weapons into other weapon types so you don't have to farm another stone that is extremely rare to get outside of titles and the story. The same will be true to other weapons that are limited like this. You only need to provide the relevant materials (Gold and Sapphire resources in the case of Atlas EX) to perform the exchange. All affixes remain installed but the potentials and the Special Ability Factor may change.

2. The Atlas Gunslash specifically has S4: Lifesteal as its Special Ability Factor (unlocked at +35) that you can affix onto the weapon at any point. You can affix this to your weapon and then use the Category Change option to put it into the weapon type your choice. I am personally going to take the approach of having it sit around so I can affix the S4: Lifesteal skill onto the weapon and simply use the "Transfer S-Class Abilities/S-Grade Augments" menu option to move that skill out onto my other Atlas EX (and future S4-compatible weapons) to have it as the Atlas Gunslash will always have it available when affixing. You can use this to infinitely generate the potential without having to farm another Atlas weapon.

@VanillaLucia

1. The Atlas Gunslash specifically has S4: Lifesteal as its Special Ability Factor (unlocked at +35) that you can affix onto the weapon at any point. You can affix this to your weapon and then use the Category Change option to put it into the weapon type your choice. I am personally going to take the approach of having it sit around so I can affix the S4: Lifesteal skill onto the weapon and simply use the "Transfer S-Class Abilities/S-Grade Augments" menu option to move that skill out onto my other Atlas EX (and future S4-compatible weapons) to have it as the Atlas Gunslash will always have it available when affixing. You can use this to infinitely generate the potential without having to farm another Atlas weapon.

That is an awesome trick! So you use Transfer S-Class Abilities/S-Grade Augments" menu option to move the skill to other Atlas Ex weapons unlimited times! It doesn't disappear?!? That's nuts.

Thank you so much for your answers! I actually understood them too!, which is nice for a change. I'm not always the quickest on the uptake when it comes to this game 😉

The reasoning why there's a weapon switcher system is because of how limited some of the materials are. Like, imagine making the wrong Trailblazer Xion weapon...

That makes sense. I know some of this stuff I've only seen in the Mission Pass tiers.

@VanillaLucia said in Atlas EX Questions - Shocking news (to me!):

1. The Atlas Gunslash specifically has S4: Lifesteal as its Special Ability Factor (unlocked at +35) that you can affix onto the weapon at any point.

Stupid follow up question. How do you affix an S augment to your weapon when you unlock it at 35?

I built an Atlas EX katana to 35 and I assume there's some S ability that goes with that one too. How do I get it on there once I hit 35?

@Natty-Boh-man You have to re-affix the Weapon to be able to affix its SAF.

@AndrlCh said in Atlas EX Questions - Shocking news (to me!):

@Natty-Boh-man You have to re-affix the Weapon to be able to affix its SAF.

Thanks! No idea what that means, but I'm watching a youtube video on it now. Sounds like something that's tough to explain on a message board. I've watched the first seven minutes of the video probably five times by now trying to understand what the heck they're talking about.

Update: Ok, so I've watched the video from keroppi titled "S Grade Augments Explained!" several times and still don't understand the process. I CAN say that I understand a little more about it now. Not enough to actually do it, but closer. God forbid Sega could make it simple.

Anyway, although I still don't understand augmenting, a lot of people in the comments found the video useful, so check it out if you came here confused like I am.

@Natty-Boh-man I'll try to give a simple explanation.

When you unlock a weapon's SAF (Special Augment Factor) when it hits +35, to affix it to it, you must then go to Dudu/Monica, and go to the Augment option; you will need at least one other weapon with an equal or greater number of augment slots as fodder to be able to affix augments (ie. if your +35 weapon has 5 augments on it, you need a second weapon with 5 or more augments as well that will be consumed).

Then, when you go to select the augments you want to affix, you will see your +35 weapon's SAF augment with a blue icon next to it; select it and any other augments in the list that you want to put on it (keep in mind that some augments require multiples to be affixed, and some can't be affixed at all), and it will be added to your weapon (if it is an S-Grade Augment, then it will be affixed with no chance of failure, even if you are trying to increase the number of augment slots).

If you had already affixed your weapon with good augments, then it can be a pain to have to re-affix the whole thing to put on your SAF, but if you hadn't already, then it is just a simple matter and can be seen as prep for adding more augments later.

@AndrlCh Thanks for the advice. I think I get it enough to give it a shot. Unfortunately, I'm in the exact situation you describe. My Atlas EX katana already has pretty good augments, so I'll have to lose them or do a lot of complicated work to get them or something close, back.

No big deal. I may just try to get other weapons with S grade augments and do a transfer over with those passes. Maybe that will be an easy way out.

@Natty-Boh-man S-Grade Augments Transfers don't need Augment Transfer Passes, rather they just require a meseta fee (the more augment slots on the weapons, the higher the cost).

Doing that is also pretty easy, though be aware that you will lose augments and slots between the two weapons when you do so.

For example, let's say you have created an Atlas EX Gunblade to transfer S4: Life Steal on to your Atlas EX Katana.

The Katana has:

• S1: Precision Will
  • S2: Precision Will
  • S3: Precision Will
  • Astral Soul
  • Might VI
  • Graceful Might

And the Gunblade has:

• S4: Life Steal
  • Might II

So in this scenario, to get the Life Steal on the Katana, you have to give up one of the augments on the Katana to be replaced, and the Gunblade will drop to one augment slot, so you'll end up with somehting like this:

Katana:

• S1: Precision Will
  • S2: Precision Will
  • S3: Precision Will
  • S4: Life Steal
  • Astral Soul
  • Graceful Might

Gunblade:

• Might II

In theory, let's just say that I had a weapon like the gunblade in the example above. How would I even start the process of a transfer for meseta? Who would do it for me? Dudu? and what is the menu item called?

@Natty-Boh-man Yes, it is Dudu/Monica, and the option is called something along the lines of S-Grade Augment Transfer.