Do you have half as many towers in Buster if you go in solo?

So this has happened twice. My husband and I showed up to a Buster Freematch and the solo player had already started the fight. Only Green and Purple towers were visible, Orange and Blue were missing but you could see their shadows and no monsters attacked on those sides.

Then only one side of the castle mobs needed to be taken out, the other side was empty.

I’ve never done the fight solo before, is this a thing?

Yes buster free match you only need to defend 2 towers if you go solo, though the laser towers can still spawn on the other side of the map. You also only get 1 ram spawn, so you have to do an extra 2 phases (2 attack, and 2 Defense phases, instead of one of each.

@TEN-SQUARE-3

Good to know, thanks! I was pretty confused, thought it was a bug at first but that couldn’t be right.

You get two towers, but they have way more resilience to enemy attacks. I think it's to help concentrate the enemies so solo players don't have to run to the far sides of the map.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in Do you have half as many towers in Buster if you go in solo?:

You also only get 1 ram spawn

Solo or multi, the number of rams that spawn matches your mana level (up to a limit, 4?). If you make sure to get 500 mana before the end of the summoning part of the first buster phase (which is a little more effort solo) you will get 2 rams and so long as you can protect them both (I'm not convinced they received the same boosts as your towers) you can reach the attack phase on the first try like in multiplayer.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in Do you have half as many towers in Buster if you go in solo?:

Yes buster free match you only need to defend 2 towers if you go solo, though the laser towers can still spawn on the other side of the map. You also only get 1 ram spawn, so you have to do an extra 2 phases (2 attack, and 2 Defense phases, instead of one of each.

This is the case for main match too if I remember correctly when you play solo.

@Miraglyth said in Do you have half as many towers in Buster if you go in solo?:

You get two towers, but they have way more resilience to enemy attacks. I think it's to help concentrate the enemies so solo players don't have to run to the far sides of the map.

You also only get 1 ram spawn

Solo or multi, the number of rams that spawn matches your mana level (up to a limit, 4?). If you make sure to get 500 mana before the end of the summoning part of the first buster phase (which is a little more effort solo) you will get 2 rams and so long as you can protect them both (I'm not convinced they received the same boosts as your towers) you can reach the attack phase on the first try like in multiplayer.

Ah, nice, did not know this. Thanks.

Thanks for the info you guys, I can never get a group for buster but I need those medals, guess soloing is the way to go.