Road to / Episode 6

My guess is we'll see NGS 1-2 months after we get Luster. Time enough for us to learn the class and max level it, then on to NGS.

I'm just very excited for New Genesis. Sure PSO2 is cool, but in the state we got it everything is rushed. NGS will just be the same for every regions so progression should be more fluid( at least I hope).

@Ryuzaki-Morgoth said in Road to / Episode 6:

I'm just very excited for New Genesis. Sure PSO2 is cool, but in the state we got it everything is rushed. NGS will just be the same for every regions so progression should be more fluid( at least I hope).

If I can be honest about the "rushed" state of the game the Japanese version is very much like this if you are a new player. You can hop on right now, create a character, and before you know it have a character up to Level 95 and be decently geared up if you can pick up the game quickly due to the number of catch-up events you have. The only real obstacles the game throws are you are the rare and few challenges such as the Phaleg duel, the Omega Masquerade fight, and the new fight that just got released (name omitted for spoiler reasons).

There isn't a lot of breathing room for new players to get settled in when they are rushed to get to end-game levels but if you decide to take your time and make your own breathing room you can take the game however you want it. The players who want a challenge have it, the players who want to socialize have it, and the players who want a relatively easy action game to play have it.

The alternative is during the "dead" content times that the Japanese version sometimes has where there is no event going on where everything is slow outside of the players playing the content they want because nothing is going on in particular. In the global version we have had event after event because we're running through both new content made specifically for us and content that the Japanese version either has had or has "dropped" because they have something else going on.

And for me to try to drive this point in, getting to end-game is purely optional for the players who want to get that. In the exact same rush players had on getting Nemesis/Raven weapons back when Episode 3 introduced them so early in advance, Episode 4 was essentially steamrolled because a number of players (though not all players) were already beyond overpowered for most of the content and it really wasn't until the end when players fought Deus Esca and Phaleg that suddenly the Nemesis/Raven weapons met a challenge. In the context of Episode 5's release, suddenly Nemesis/Raven weapons were easily accessible to anyone and Lumiere/Atlas weapons were essentially craftable on day one if you knew what to do. Now everyone playing (and participating in current events) gets a free Atlas EX weapon and Ofze units. The catch-up events aren't new and they aren't going away so if you ever feel pressured to rush into content or overwhelmed you can always take a step back, enjoy what you want, and come back to be greeted with something to help jump back in. I will not be surprised to see the Ayer and Cras weapons be handed out similarly when Episode 6 rolls around (these being the current end-game weapons I recall in the Japanese version) for global players.

I just wanna know what there will be to do in NGS? Cause I like the way PSO2 is and although I know NGS isn't exactly replacing PSO2, I can imagine a lot of people would stop playing it in favor of NGS instead.

@Vexation said in Road to / Episode 6:

I just wanna know what there will be to do in NGS? Cause I like the way PSO2 is and although I know NGS isn't exactly replacing PSO2, I can imagine a lot of people would stop playing it in favor of NGS instead.

We're going to get a pre-recorded video addressing more information about NGS on the 19th of December: https://pso2.com/news/announcements/ngsbroadcast1123

There was also a big Q/A article that confirms a few things: https://pso2.com/news/announcements/pso2ngsinformation

@coldreactive said in Road to / Episode 6:

@GM-Deynger Yeah, would be nice to know if Etoile is coming in this Episode 6 patch, because the roadmap said we wouldn't get it this year.

Hey guys, I'm sorry to be a bit late in getting back to you on this question. But my response is, if it's in the "What's new in Episode 6," you're getting it on the day that Episode 6 launches. 🙂 Hope this clears things up a bit!

@GM-Deynger said in Road to / Episode 6:

@GM-Deynger Yeah, would be nice to know if Etoile is coming in this Episode 6 patch, because the roadmap said we wouldn't get it this year.

Hey guys, I'm sorry to be a bit late in getting back to you on this question. But my response is, if it's in the "What's new in Episode 6," you're getting it on the day that Episode 6 launches. 🙂 Hope this clears things up a bit!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlnO-NQxVAE

alt text

@GM-Deynger said in Road to / Episode 6:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlnO-NQxVAE

alt text

👍

Hmm, choices, choices.

@VanillaLucia HOnestly this is why its not fun for me right now. There is such a huge gap and amount of content that they are just overwhelming us. Don't get me wrong, i'm a RPG player to the core, I love lots of content. BUt when it comes to MMOs I really prefer being able to get into things at the same time as everyone else. Its why to me NGS will probably be better..

@Vexation I probably won't entirely quit PSO2, but I'll be seen over NGS a LOT more I feel.

Depends on what all it's like. I'd hate to make my phantom a badass then turn around just to be a noob again in NGS though I'd of at least prolly figured out what I was doing by then. I literally only figured out how to play bouncer properly like.. two weeks ago. And I'm prolly still making mistakes but C'est La Vie yeah.

At least Episode 6 will be soon and thanks GM dood guy. Now if only you would tell us WHEN we were getting episode six exactly that'd be cool. Just you wait though. They said we'd find out in December.. December 1st rolls around I'm spam asking every GM. 😛

Has there been an Ep 6 trailer released for Global yet? Yamato and the Dragon were everywhere before 4 & 5. Have I just missed it?

Trailer? or just the Episode opening.

I don't think global posted EP6 opening yet but from seeing EP4 and EP5 - it is the same as JP

JP EP6 opening - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0acQz4-IPI

@HarmlessSyan Thanks! I asked because Ep 5 trailer was playing in game during late Ep 4 and we had the Global trailer for Ep4 released well before Ep4 launch, though not in game.