Let's have a vent topic for the Madness UQ!

I've finally watched myself become MMO elitist scum, as I now look at the gear of everyone coming into this quest and watching how bad we end up failing since people are showing up with unaffixed/junk weapons and units.

I feel like, because we're being rushed through content, there needs be some additional methods to teach inexperienced players in the game on how to not ending up needing to be carried.

Either that or, please get us expert matching right now. Thank you please, GMs.

The content coming fast may seem crazy, but all the information on how to make the weapons / units is coming in the UQ posts, making an ex atlas is not SO difficult, entering into an alliance and asking about the next steps in gear progression it doesn't seem difficult to me either. I think one of the biggest problems in the community of this game is the lack of reading / lack of research, because even YouTube videos teaching how to do the UQ already exist.

Now... imagine if the level cap was 85 and 80 for Hero, there is no 15 star weapons period, there is no Ivlida unit upgrades (Cleasis), no Endless rondo or Masq for Persona Reverie.

That was the state of JP when this was released on JP

Hobestly unless jp are as relaxed with gear as global seems to be there probably usnt a big difference lol.

@HarmlessSyan said in Let's have a vent topic for the Madness UQ!:

Now... imagine if the level cap was 85 and 80 for Hero, there is no 15 star weapons period, there is no Ivlida unit upgrades (Cleasis), no Endless rondo or Masq for Persona Reverie.

Honestly, that's probably still better off from where we are because I'm seeing people show up with Sigmas and even Gix weapons. In regards to units I'm seeing people show up with Stella Walls or less too. I'd be happy if people showed up with (affixed) Ivlida units.

I'm running +10 cleasis units and +35 vals usually. Working on upgrading to atlas but affixing is still kinda mysterious to me.

@Tasty-Human-bits said in Let's have a vent topic for the Madness UQ!:

Hobestly unless jp are as relaxed with gear as global seems to be there probably usnt a big difference lol.

In the Japanese version you might still sometimes encounter players who have very old units and Old-Type weapons. But you won't find enough of these players on the higher-up difficulties to really throw an Emergency Quest. The gap in equipment is huge from the low-end to the high-end in a way that the global version has yet to really see but in general you're fine just about any difficulty until you reach Ultra Hard when players get punished for both knowledge-checks and equipment-checks on enemies. Super Hard still throws wrenches at people who try to coast through the game but due to Sigma weapons and the likes being PSO2es-exclusive weapons you don't exactly encounter many of those.

The global version is much more generous as we have been "overgeared" ever since Nemesis/Raven weapons have been available in their New Type forms (which were obsolete in the Japanese version when they showed up as "new" weapons) but the game in Episode 5 starts to take a turn where the players being overpowered now finally have context to it. From here the game will only be getting harder and that doesn't include the gear checks.

This particular Emergency Quest was always a nightmare on Super Hard and was meant to be a challenge even on Extra Hard in the context where just about every other Emergency Quest was relatively doable with a few tweaks (such as Omega Falz [Luther] and Omega Falz [Apprentice] being "easy" Emergency Quests compared to the others). Unfortunately the only solution I can think of for these sorts of Emergency Quests is to play a role where you can multitask in both taking out enemy towers very quickly, stopping enemy obstacles before they damage the Buster Towers, and to have a way to hit multiple enemies at once. Unfortunately, this was still within the realms of Sega's attempt on the Japanese version of pushing the Hero as the "only" viable class in Episode 5 as they are one of the few classes who can do this with relative ease.

Sega listined. They giving away free atlas ex and ofz set to everyone.

I just bought that tea party emote today and it’s now a reward for upgrading gear. Why do I bother. 😥

@TyboltTiger said in Let's have a vent topic for the Madness UQ!:

I've finally watched myself become MMO elitist scum, as I now look at the gear of everyone coming into this quest and watching how bad we end up failing since people are showing up with unaffixed/junk weapons and units.

I feel like, because we're being rushed through content, there needs be some additional methods to teach inexperienced players in the game on how to not ending up needing to be carried.

Either that or, please get us expert matching right now. Thank you please, GMs.

I'm afraid that gear alone won't help much when you get matched with only 2-3 people out of 8 that know what to do and the latters either set the towers' mode to "attack" or do not care about what spawn in the map aside monsters (enemy rams, towers for eg.) or both.

Unlike the other UQ and BQ, there is little margin to carry inexperienced players.

I never thought I'd say this, but they should release expert matching asap since the recently released UQs are either infested with afks hiding in safe spots (like thanksgiving) or may fail miserably due to inexperience/indifference/carelessness/map unawareness.

Madness is a nightmare. I constantly have to watch the heal cannons because people will waste them and they get tunnel vision and only pay attention to the front when it comes to death laser towers or monsters alike. I don’t know why a Buster UQ with a fresh coat of paint is so difficult but it renders at least half the party braindead almost every single run.

I’m going to give it a week for players to learn and adjust but so far this is ridiculous.

@TyboltTiger said in Let's have a vent topic for the Madness UQ!:

@HarmlessSyan said in Let's have a vent topic for the Madness UQ!:

Honestly, that's probably still better off from where we are because I'm seeing people show up with Sigmas and even Gix weapons. In regards to units I'm seeing people show up with Stella Walls or less too. I'd be happy if people showed up with (affixed) Ivlida units.

My friends and I found someone using the Zaxe in Perpetual Madness XH in JP about 2 years back.

It's a running joke between us to this day and I'm tempted to run Hu/Fi with Zaxe Weapon Transmutation in his honor.

Yeah I braindead attacked up the hill at first. Was partway through before I realized enemies were EVERYWHERE!

Though even in normal busters I run into people all the time who don't take out death towes. Like this thing will lazer kill our actual tower if you don't take it down. So I can get the frustration. Just know some of us are trying to improve. ^^

@Vexation

Yeah that’s why I try to be helpful and understanding, well as fast as I can type anyway. I can usually only blurt out “green” or something. People are learning and they’ll get it, just right now it’s a very frustrating run 80% of the time. I felt the same way about PD the first week, they eventually learned the fight for that too.