The Elder trigger debacle exacerbates the biggest issue with this game.

People don't want to do a majority of content because it simply is not rewarding

People flocked to do Elder because it was rewarding (good meseta payout for your time).

Now that there is no good way to make consistent meseta, people back to afking and not playing the game.

People will not stick around this game when 90% of the content is irrelevant or a waste of time (this is a fact).

Example: Masqerade is a great end-game, difficult quest. Why am I not being rewarded for clearing high depths? Weapon Aux passes is not a reward: Transfer Passes or Eribite stones would be a much better alternative to this joke of a reward

Thank you for attending my Arks Talk.

@redBadger22 said in The Elder trigger debacle exacerbates the biggest issue with this game.:

People don't want to do a majority of content because it simply is not rewarding

People flocked to do Elder because it was rewarding (good meseta payout for your time).

Now that there is no good way to make consistent meseta, people back to afking and not playing the game.

People will not stick around this game when 90% of the content is irrelevant or a waste of time (this is a fact).

Example: Masqerade is a great end-game, difficult quest. Why am I not being rewarded for clearing high depths? Weapon Aux passes is not a reward: Transfer Passes or Eribite stones would be a much better alternative to this joke of a reward

Firstly theirs plenty of ways to make mesta in this game, even for for people without premium, and the vast majority of them are far less brain dead than spamming elder. I’ve never had premium and never brought Ac scratch tickets and I regularly pull 50-100mil a week outside of weeklies and daily’s.

Masq gives plenty of good rewards. Gives out ex cubes and class excubes in good amount, some runs I’m getting as many has 4. I’ve gotten SG, a 45% aug aid, +70% merit and -70% demerit value. I’ve made about 25mil from the run so far, I’ve gotten 3 units with Rev Cats on them, and a few S augs that sell for a mil +, and I’m only done 90 levels so far. I’ll imagine the rewards will get better and better the further in we get.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 Yep. All the new Urgents also have important affixes that contribute to making super-affixes like Astral, Aether, Mana, etc. At 3+ slots, they're hella valuable, especially since from the looks of how we get the triggers in RWB shop afterwards, they're gone from the UQ rotation entirely after their time in the spotlight.

I didn’t participate in Elder but of course people would spam braindead content for quick meseta. I think higher difficulty like Masq should be given better stuff(and I’m just a casual player), if you put in the work and the dedication then it should be acknowledged and rewarded.

I don’t think making consistent meseta is a problem, though.

Making consistent meseta is fine. The issue with elder was it was spammable within a min for 100k-150k per run on normal. It be no issue if that amount was given SH+ difficulty where it should at least take 5-7 min to run it.

Think the Elder Trigger is a perfect example of how some people think that if they just print more money it is going to solve their economic problems.

@BoJo-s-Bizzare-Adventures said in The Elder trigger debacle exacerbates the biggest issue with this game.:

@TEN-SQUARE-3 Yep. All the new Urgents also have important affixes that contribute to making super-affixes like Astral, Aether, Mana, etc. At 3+ slots, they're hella valuable, especially since from the looks of how we get the triggers in RWB shop afterwards, they're gone from the UQ rotation entirely after their time in the spotlight.

Urgents are great for people who don't have to work.

I'm lucky if I can fit one urgent in per day.

Would be nice if this content wasn't time gated, and maybe allow to play the content I want to play whenever I want.

Novel concept I know.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in The Elder trigger debacle exacerbates the biggest issue with this game.:

@redBadger22 said in The Elder trigger debacle exacerbates the biggest issue with this game.:

Firstly theirs plenty of ways to make mesta in this game, even for for people without premium, and the vast majority of them are far less brain dead than spamming elder. I’ve never had premium and never brought Ac scratch tickets and I regularly pull 50-100mil a week outside of weeklies and daily’s.

Masq gives plenty of good rewards. Gives out ex cubes and class excubes in good amount, some runs I’m getting as many has 4. I’ve gotten SG, a 45% aug aid, +70% merit and -70% demerit value. I’ve made about 25mil from the run so far, I’ve gotten 3 units with Rev Cats on them, and a few S augs that sell for a mil +, and I’m only done 90 levels so far. I’ll imagine the rewards will get better and better the further in we get.

I imagine this is great for someone like yourself with nothing better to do. But as I said in my previous post, I have a long work day. I've made good money off Masquerade but now that I've beaten 100 there's not much left to get.

And don't mistake my post - I have plenty of meseta to where I am comfortable.

However, when a majority of the gameplay loop revolves around AFK in lobby until the next urgent, then you have a problem. Why do you think playercount numbers dwindled so much? Because there is NOTHING WORTH DOING for a majority of the time.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in The Elder trigger debacle exacerbates the biggest issue with this game.:

I imagine this is great for someone like yourself with nothing better to do. But as I said in my previous post, I have a long work day. I've made good money off Masquerade but now that I've beaten 100 there's not much left to get.

However, when a majority of the gameplay loop revolves around AFK in lobby until the next urgent, then you have a problem. Why do you think playercount numbers dwindled so much? Because there is NOTHING WORTH DOING for a majority of the time.

Did I state anywhere in my post how much time I play? How much time you need to play to make in game? Not a good sign when you have to start making assumptions to attempt to justify your point. In fact some methods of making mesta are extremely fast.

For a completely free player, you can have 3 chars so if you do the weeklies and daily’s in each char that’s about 14mil a week, and you can do these in about 30 mins a day for your 3 chars, with a little extra for when weeklies reset. Now if you save up 200sg and the the gold ticket, you get something like 340 rwb4s from it plus you get your 200sg back, which means you can just recycle it each month. Plus if you do what ever uq you can that drops rwb4s, that will give you enough badges to do at least 3 solo PD and most likely 4 a day.

Each run I can do in around 6 mins so 4 runs is 24 mins plus time to load, start the mission etc, so another half an hour. With boosters you get around 120 10* weapons for 4 runs, each one you can swap for 30 grinders in the swap shop then sell to the npc for 12k, which equals around 1.440mil each time minus the cost you will spend appraise them.

So with daily’s for an hour a day roughly you can make 24mil a week completely solo and with no shop. Now if you have a bit more time you can actually take those 120 10* weapons convert them to excubes then trade them for extreme passes plus your free daily’s pass gives you 21 passes each day. You then spam that aquatics one which with boosters give you between 150-200k each time, and takes only a few minutes so you can do them all in about an hour. With all the grinders you get from the run, you should net around 4mil each day in pure mesta. So for roughly 2 hours a day you can make around 40mil a week in pure mesta, and completely solo.

The majority of gameplay doesn’t revolve around afk in lobby, that’s just how some people choose to spend their time. Either because that’s how they enjoy playing the game, are taking a break from farming, or just don’t have any interest in doing other runs.

Did I state anywhere in my post how much time I play? How much time you need to play to make in game? Not a good sign when you have to start making assumptions to attempt to justify your point. In fact some methods of making mesta are extremely fast.

For a completely free player, you can have 3 chars so if you do the weeklies and daily’s in each char that’s about 14mil a week, and you can do these in about 30 mins a day for your 3 chars, with a little extra for when weeklies reset. Now if you save up 200sg and the the gold ticket, you get something like 340 rwb4s from it plus you get your 200sg back, which means you can just recycle it each month. Plus if you do what ever uq you can that drops rwb4s, that will give you enough badges to do at least 3 solo PD and most likely 4 a day.

Each run I can do in around 6 mins so 4 runs is 24 mins plus time to load, start the mission etc, so another half an hour. With boosters you get around 120 10* weapons for 4 runs, each one you can swap for 30 grinders in the swap shop then sell to the npc for 12k, which equals around 1.440mil each time minus the cost you will spend appraise them.

So with daily’s for an hour a day roughly you can make 24mil a week completely solo and with no shop. Now if you have a bit more time you can actually take those 120 10* weapons convert them to excubes then trade them for extreme passes plus your free daily’s pass gives you 21 passes each day. You then spam that aquatics one which with boosters give you between 150-200k each time, and takes only a few minutes so you can do them all in about an hour. With all the grinders you get from the run, you should net around 4mil each day in pure mesta. So for roughly 2 hours a day you can make around 40mil a week in pure mesta, and completely solo.

The majority of gameplay doesn’t revolve around afk in lobby, that’s just how some people choose to spend their time. Either because that’s how they enjoy playing the game, are taking a break from farming, or just don’t have any interest in doing other runs. But their is always something worth doing.

People don’t look bored in the lobby, they’re just talking to their friends. It’s hard to do when running quests.

If I'm afk in the lobby it's cause:

• I'm at work

• I've finished my weekly and tier missions and am now watching something

• I'm making or eating dinner

• I'm here on the forum or looking up Phantom gameplay videos on YouTube cause pls just release episode six already! GAH

Point is.. other than maintenance I don't really leave the game. It's always there. So afk in the lobby a lot but rarely ever is it because I don't have anything to do. I have a LOT to do and usually get overwhelmed by it.

I typically leave my game on too even when I’m busy, just a bad habit.

@Milk said in The Elder trigger debacle exacerbates the biggest issue with this game.:

I typically leave my game on too even when I’m busy, just a bad habit.

Yup, pretty sure my computer hates me for it too!

Point is being AFK doesn't necessarily mean we're bored or not interested. And lots of content is relevant. Even if it's not particularly relevant to you perhaps people who missed out on something or started later might find it so. ^^

Honestly if I were to explain player drop off its for two reasons. First minimal competitve experience. The pvp in this gsme is unpopular to say the least and the rewards from it are real meh. Second factor is the general reward structure in terms of character progression. By this I mean that the first 90% of your characters power or more is easily acquired leading to extremely low attachment. While the last bit if it us barred behind very long grinds that are daunting to those not already invested. So dropping the game is very easy for most players.