The Dark Falz Were Not The Only Enemy of The Photoners

Photoners started multiple planetary wars against other multiple planetary races in every corner of the universe. They even forced Makians to deliberately kill themselves by making Gigantes because how relentless Photoners are. Shiva and her gang aren't the only adversaries wanting to wipe out the Photoner legacy.

Appearance wise, Giganti have a dragon-like body structure and look very mechanical, and is revealed earlier in the game that they have a cockpit-like seat on the top of their head, suggesting that Giganti were artificially built.

Sound familiar?

alt text

I would love to discuss the Episode 6 plot and story but I unfortunately have to refrain from that due to it being heavily in spoiler territory. It is unfortunate to me that games like Phantasy Star Nova (a spin-of sidestory involving ARKS Operatives getting stranded on a planet where their connection to photons and related abilities is completely severed) has no bearing on the plot outside of some downloadable content/scratches. In a similar way Phantasy Star Online 2es (PSO2es) also has very little-to-no bearing on the overall plot other than being the Guardian's side-job with some conveniences (Star Gems, special rare weapons, and the likes) and from what I can understand IDOLA Phantasy Star Saga also is in a similar position where outside of some cameos the game is largely Star Gem-fodder and a source for cosmetics for the base game.

I feel like it would have been nice to see more nods to the sidestories and side media than through just cameos (like the Weaponoids showing up in the Japanese version of the game as guest characters and the hosts of events) but to my knowledge the global version has yet to see any of these characters and other tie-ins happen (such as two characters from Phantasy Star Portable and Portable 2 showing up as guest travelers to enlist the help of the Guardian before having a few fan-servicey moments to acknowledge the player behind the Guardian).

I'm pretty sure that screenshot is from a previous build as well, since it still has the JA/Perfect Attack ring on the character. While it's very unlikely 3D Models will be changed much if at all, I wouldn't recommend taking everything from the videos shown so far as final.

@coldreactive said in The Dark Falz Were Not The Only Enemy of The Photoners:

I'm pretty sure that screenshot is from a previous build as well, since it still has the JA/Perfect Attack ring on the character. While it's very unlikely 3D Models will be changed much if at all, I wouldn't recommend taking everything from the videos shown so far as final.

It's just a theory you guys! All speculation! ;D

@VanillaLucia said in The Dark Falz Were Not The Only Enemy of The Photoners:

I would love to discuss the Episode 6 plot and story but I unfortunately have to refrain from that due to it being heavily in spoiler territory. It is unfortunate to me that games like Phantasy Star Nova (a spin-of sidestory involving ARKS Operatives getting stranded on a planet where their connection to photons and related abilities is completely severed) has no bearing on the plot outside of some downloadable content/scratches. In a similar way Phantasy Star Online 2es (PSO2es) also has very little-to-no bearing on the overall plot other than being the Guardian's side-job with some conveniences (Star Gems, special rare weapons, and the likes) and from what I can understand IDOLA Phantasy Star Saga also is in a similar position where outside of some cameos the game is largely Star Gem-fodder and a source for cosmetics for the base game.

I feel like it would have been nice to see more nods to the sidestories and side media than through just cameos (like the Weaponoids showing up in the Japanese version of the game as guest characters and the hosts of events) but to my knowledge the global version has yet to see any of these characters and other tie-ins happen (such as two characters from Phantasy Star Portable and Portable 2 showing up as guest travelers to enlist the help of the Guardian before having a few fan-servicey moments to acknowledge the player behind the Guardian).

I feel like it might be better to tie everything in with the overall plot. Seems like a waste to have snippets here and there without them all being very canon.

Alkyone-Alcyone-Nova.jpg Those tentacles look familiar. The Makians were a possible source of the Dolls that was discussed recently on Day Dawns Arks, if you want spoilers look to the lore sub-forum.

@PrinceBrightstar said in The Dark Falz Were Not The Only Enemy of The Photoners:

Alkyone-Alcyone-Nova.jpg Those tentacles look familiar. The Makians were a possible source of the Dolls that was discussed recently on Day Dawns Arks, if you want spoilers look to the lore sub-forum.

I don't need to look. There is one thing that's absolute fact and that's whenever this song starts playing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5c6wZqMdNk

The boss mob is screwed no matter who they are.

This is almost Game Theory territory, and I kind of like it.

@Anarchy-Marine said in The Dark Falz Were Not The Only Enemy of The Photoners:

If only Game Theory did do a video on PSO2.

@Zarozion said in The Dark Falz Were Not The Only Enemy of The Photoners:

Well, I made a post about it on their subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/GameTheorists/comments/jxptoi/phantasy_star_online_2_new_genesis_new_enemies/

@coldreactive said in The Dark Falz Were Not The Only Enemy of The Photoners:

@Zarozion said in The Dark Falz Were Not The Only Enemy of The Photoners:

Well, I made a post about it on their subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/GameTheorists/comments/jxptoi/phantasy_star_online_2_new_genesis_new_enemies/

Is the subreddit for PSO2 more active and popular than the official forums?