Should the exploit be bannable?

@_Flux_ said in Should the exploit be bannable?:

@Shirokami07 said in Should the exploit be bannable?:

Were those you mentioned deactivated and reported as UNINTENDED like this one?

No?

Not an exploit like Elder farming.

Sorry dude, you're just making excuses to justify exploiting.

You're hanging on that post so hard to justify this dumb point.

Sega intended Elder Normal to be run. If they didn't intend it, then they wouldn't have put the triggers on the Rising Badges exchange. What was unintended was the amount of meseta you could get for stomping him. That's not an exploit of a mechanic, unless the mechanic we're exploiting is "kill boss, drop loot, wow loot is decent, go kill boss again."

That's a balance issue. One they are currently addressing so it doesn't mess up the market. It's not a hack or exploit that makes anyone who did it worth banning.

That's a sweet way of justifying exploiting something unintended.

It's not you or me deciding what is intended and what is not. It's Sega.

And Sega said UNINTENDED. and they turned it off.

Do you know better than the game's owner?

Okay, but you're saying that we should

• Know it was unintended so that we avoid doing it before Sega tells us that it's unintended.

Again, my phychic abilities are a little sketchy and don't really work for predicting the future.

@Vexation said in Should the exploit be bannable?:

Okay, but you're saying that we should

• Know it was unintended so that we avoid doing it before Sega tells us that it's unintended.

Again, my phychic abilities are a little sketchy and don't really work for predicting the future.

Getting 8 millions meseta/hour by spamming a months old trigger which before was much more limited back then and not near infinite thanks to current medal exchanges sure wasn't ringing any bells for you right?

Everyone knew it wouldn't last.

For one, Yagyuchan up above already pointed out that they didn't say UNINTENDED in the first place so there's that.

But even then, it's you're reading far too deep into that word. It doesn't mean running it repeatedly is a dishonest behavior on the level of botting. It means that there were unintended consequences for making Elder permanently available and now they are addressing them.

Uhh no. I only started playing when the game came to steam. I haven't run that quest before. So why would it raise any alarms?

For one, Yagyuchan up above already pointed out that they didn't say UNINTENDED in the first place so there's that.

But even then, it's you're reading far too deep into that word. It doesn't mean running it repeatedly is a dishonest behavior on the level of botting. It means that there were unintended consequences for making Elder permanently available and now they are addressing them.

WORD NOT THERE THEREFORE WHOLE CONECPT GONE AM I RITE LMAO GOT'EM

https://www.facebook.com/PSO2Official/posts/208845127271373

Idk why you guys keep arguing with him, he obviously isn't listening to reason. He's trying to compare this to things like rmt, laughable. Like I said before he likely is just mad he didn't get to run it himself.

@Wes4268 You're right best to save my breath.

@Shirokami07 said in Should the exploit be bannable?:

WORD NOT THERE THEREFORE WHOLE CONECPT GONE AM I RITE LMAO GOT'EM

https://www.facebook.com/PSO2Official/posts/208845127271373

It is obvious you won't budge here and there is no point trying to say what I am trying to say so I am gonna do what @Wes4268 suggested exactly.

@YagyuChan more or less, the person in question is misconstruing the entire notion of: Intended implementation that had shortsighted because of a particular quest, this being the Elder quest not balanced appropriately to prevent the situation at hand.

There's a reason why JP had their triggers locked behind SG. So when people saw triggers announced to be released in badge shop, it was free real estate because the triggers was exactly the same as the EQ.

So I didn’t run this before the fix but honestly what were these old triggers for then if people didn’t farm them for meseta? The drops/exp aren’t worth it.

Also no I don’t think this is a bannable offense, the only reason people could buy so many triggers is from the Thanksgiving badges. It would’ve been fine.

How the heck are they going to ban people when they literally allowed these triggers to be bought with badges?

They didn’t think people had crap Ton of badges or something? Also, getting a million meseta in 10 minutes is not all that great really, so banning accounts because of this is pretty unreasonable

@YagyuChan said in Should the exploit be bannable?:

... almost as silly as people getting banned for buying from RMT bots when all they did was buy the item at the cheapest price.

Did that actually happen or are you assuming this? Can you please prove that or post a link? I am really interested in this issue specifically.

@Milk said in Should the exploit be bannable?:

So I didn’t run this before the fix but honestly what were these old triggers for then if people didn’t farm them for meseta? The drops/exp aren’t worth it.

The 12* weapons count towards your Compendium for the class weapon boosts from titles. Even if you don't get them, you can buy them from the astracite shop and they count as having dropped. And the only astracite that works for buying them is the one that drops from Elder.

Also it should be getting an Ultra Hard version in EP6.

@Theuberclips

Oh I see! Good to know, thanks.