Should the exploit be bannable?

@Scerms77 said in Should the exploit be bannable?:

@YagyuChan said in Should the exploit be bannable?:

... almost as silly as people getting banned for buying from RMT bots when all they did was buy the item at the cheapest price.

Did that actually happen or are you assuming this? Can you please prove that or post a link? I am really interested in this issue specifically.

There's no proof one way or the other because SEGA won't make any official statements about it, but after some of the ban waves there have been people on the forums who've claimed that all they did was buy up cheap (probably dupe) stock from PN#### shops and were banned. Depends whether or not you take them at their word, since it's the only info we have until SEGA decides to ever say something.

@Akonyl said in Should the exploit be bannable?:

there have been people on the forums who've claimed that all they did was buy up cheap (probably dupe) stock from PN#### shops and were banned. Depends whether or not you take them at their word

Since it turns out one of those people was someone I knew, I’m choosing to believe it, at least some of the cases.

@Shirokami07 said in Should the exploit be bannable?:

@Vexation said in Should the exploit be bannable?:

@Vexation said in Should the exploit be bannable?:

So? Cause it's easy we're supposed to automatically assume it's against the rules? If we didn't use any illegal method to get there then how are we to know it's not intended? I ran it cause it's was a faster way to make gold. Ran it by buying the triggers and getting my meseta boost cause someone showed me this cool new thing. I made probably 2mil? I don't have infinite paitence. And I'm counting 2-3 minutes based off buying the triggers and all the cut scene nonsense and teleporter cooldown.

You have done nothing bad here all you did was play the game it is SEGA's fault that they made it infinite which allowed such a thing to happen in the first place.

Thank you! Honestly thinking playing the game is a bannable offense is downright insulting.

It's not playing the game tho, it's exploiting an unintended bug.

If it was intended, they wouldn't have taken it away.

How are we supposed to figure it out tho? At what point is something so good and easy that it's obviously not intended? 2m/hour? 3m? 4,777,123 meseta per hour?

@Shirokami07 said in Should the exploit be bannable?:

Okay, time to unfollow this thread. Just a bunch of exploit apologists.

No apologies here it is the truth this doesn't reach the levels of Magatsu being one shot with chain trigger.

Lol, are there any videos of that?

That's what I wanted to know Kami. At what point was I supposed to say "This is sus!" and stop running content that's in the game. I assume if Sega didn't want me to do something it.... wouldn't be in the game for me to do. I didn't use a third party program. I just played the game.

As it stands now there is a considerable noticeable difference in drop rates and meseta drops. I mean seriously SEGA, are you trying to push people away? What else will you also nerf based on some stupid assumption? I have COMPLETELY lost all resepct for you. For the Record, People that do not want to play this game, or move on, will be your own actions, No one else's.

HERE IS WHY IT WAS NOT A !@#^%#@ ISSUE: 1- This was not a Hack!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!! It was a legitamate way to get something in an honest manner!!

2 - The real issues are still not addressed! It's an outrage to think that you Decided to do this al of sudden after the game has been out for so long? Wh now? and lastly:

3- It really starting to show , that maybe you really don't know what you are doing, Heck- you're just winging it, What's gonna happen next? HELL FREAKING NERF EVERYTHING WHILE YOU ARE IT!

It's hard enough to make meseta in this game, drop rates are in the toilet, instead of getting rid of hackers and legitamate cheaters, we end up paying the price for it. Croto's client orders have nerfed, This trigger has been nerfed, and countless other things have been nerfed.

WELCOME TO PSO2NERFED ONLINE!

@DDDDLife said in Should the exploit be bannable?:

HERE IS WHY IT WAS NOT A !@#^%#@ ISSUE: 1- This was not a Hack!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!! It was a legitamate way to get something in an honest manner!!

I think it's a pretty legitimate issue because if you want money, it incentivizes you to do something that is just intensely boring repeatedly for a decent chunk of time. There's been a few talks by game devs where they talk about similar issues and basically that you have to save players from themselves, because players can and will optimize the fun out of a game if it's possible, and it's not hard to see in a lot of places.

Like, when people talked about how the game was incredibly unbalanced on release because we had nemesis weapons in content that didn't need it, how many people put their nemesis in storage and intentionally played with worse gear? Basically nobody, the only ones who didn't play with nems/ravens were the ones who didn't wanna fork the money over for it. Was the game worse off by being so faceroll easy for a lot of things? Yeah, probably. But them fixing that issue would have probably taken a decent chunk more work than just disabling this trigger here did, too.

The issue with making a ton of money like this is that it doesn't happen in a vacuum. If there's a way to grind meseta a lot quicker than other ways, then a lot of people will start to do it, and it'll just cause prices to inflate more, causing a gap between the purchasing ability of people who grind elder forever and people who don't. When this thing was going on, recycle badges (which I figure are a decent indication of inflation) went from 400k to 800k on ship2 before it got disabled, and now are sitting at around 600k. That's a pretty crazy+quick jump.

There's obviously gonna be gaps between people who do other farming methods and those who don't regardless of what you do, but hopefully those methods are more varied + require more gameplay than standing in a teleporter for 30 seconds before insta-killing a boss and doing it again repeatedly for an hour. That's just how you make a game suck really quickly.

It's hard enough to make meseta in this game, drop rates are in the toilet, instead of getting rid of hackers and legitamate cheaters, we end up paying the price for it. Croto's client orders have nerfed, This trigger has been nerfed, and countless other things have been nerfed.

Mentioning Chroto/Klotho's client orders is a key point to de-legitimizing your point. Klotho used to hand out 1,600,000 Meseta a week for completing a Super Hard Time Attack, running Very Hard Time Attacks (three quests at one, three, and five runs), and two more client orders for running one and three Extreme Quests. If we did the math here:

• A Test of Heart and Soul I: 200,000 Meseta
  • A Test of Heart and Soul II: 250,000 Meseta
  • A Test of Heart and Soul III: 300,000 Meseta
  • A Trial of a New Rank: 250,000 Meseta
  • Extreme Training Test I: 200,000 Meseta
  • Extreme Training Test II: 400,000 Meseta

This ends up adding to about 1,600,000 Meseta. Perhaps if you enjoy this as a weekly chore like Yerkes' additional 600,000 Meseta per week you would enjoy this but these were a slog to run when you chose to run Harkotan (the fastest of the Time Attacks due to it all being in one spot and relatively easy to trivialize especially with a Ranger or Gunner/Fighter). The most annoying parts of these were the frequency of being yanked out of the Time Attack and forced into the Darker Den/Falspawn Nest and having to either clear it or just wipe at the beginning to try again.

At some point Sega completely nerfed Klotho's client orders and instead made it extremely easy (ARKS Missions) so if you followed the daily and weekly routine you get 400,000 EXP a day, a Tokyo [Silver] Bonus Key per day, a Tokyo [Gold] Bonus Key per week, and 2,000,000 Meseta.

If you want to talk about nerfs I suggest looking at the Gunner's history and why they are Sega's nightmare in balancing or to point at techniques like Zanverse. When you really put int he effort and time to it making Meseta is not hard especially if you are capable of running the high-level content or the content that helps facilitate that (like solo Profound Darkness).

People are really blind to the fact that if they would've left it alone the farmers would've cause everything to skyrocket into the 100 of millions meseta.

@VanillaLucia said in Should the exploit be bannable?:

Mentioning Chroto/Klotho's client orders is a key point to de-legitimizing your point. Klotho used to hand out 1,600,000 Meseta a week for completing a Super Hard Time Attack, running Very Hard Time Attacks (three quests at one, three, and five runs), and two more client orders for running one and three Extreme Quests. If we did the math here:

• A Test of Heart and Soul I: 200,000 Meseta
  • A Test of Heart and Soul II: 250,000 Meseta
  • A Test of Heart and Soul III: 300,000 Meseta
  • A Trial of a New Rank: 250,000 Meseta
  • Extreme Training Test I: 200,000 Meseta
  • Extreme Training Test II: 400,000 Meseta

This ends up adding to about 1,600,000 Meseta. Perhaps if you enjoy this as a weekly chore like Yerkes' additional 600,000 Meseta per week you would enjoy this but these were a slog to run when you chose to run Harkotan (the fastest of the Time Attacks due to it all being in one spot and relatively easy to trivialize especially with a Ranger or Gunner/Fighter). The most annoying parts of these were the frequency of being yanked out of the Time Attack and forced into the Darker Den/Falspawn Nest and having to either clear it or just wipe at the beginning to try again.

At some point Sega completely nerfed Klotho's client orders and instead made it extremely easy (ARKS Missions) so if you followed the daily and weekly routine you get 400,000 EXP a day, a Tokyo [Silver] Bonus Key per day, a Tokyo [Gold] Bonus Key per week, and 2,000,000 Meseta.

If you want to talk about nerfs I suggest looking at the Gunner's history and why they are Sega's nightmare in balancing or to point at techniques like Zanverse. When you really put int he effort and time to it making Meseta is not hard especially if you are capable of running the high-level content or the content that helps facilitate that (like solo Profound Darkness).

Exactly! Crohto / Kloto [or whatev's] Did offer the incentive to run one or two client orders that could be repeated and easily make 2 even 3 Million. and yerkes between 3 accounts after ggathering all the materials and then turning those in between 3 accounts was easily 7 Million. But, that was then, You cant do that anymore.

What needs to happen is they need to change the way market works. As it stands greedy players always want more and more and more. So instead of selling a item that is supposed to be at market value, can be set to anyprice you want. So the change must be instead to were IF the items (s) is already listed at a lower price, you will NOT be able to raise to whatever your greed demands.

Exactly! Crohto / Kloto [or whatev's] Did offer the incentive to run one or two client orders that could be repeated and easily make 2 even 3 Million. and yerkes between 3 accounts after ggathering all the materials and then turning those in between 3 accounts was easily 7 Million. But, that was then, You cant do that anymore.

What needs to happen is they need to change the way market works. As it stands greedy players always want more and more and more. So instead of selling a item that is supposed to be at market value, can be set to anyprice you want. So the change must be instead to were IF the items (s) is already listed at a lower price, you will NOT be able to raise to whatever your greed demands.

These client orders were only capable of being turned in once a week like Yerkes still is. There is not "exploiting" these and the fastest way to run these was to run with a speedrunning class to cheese the Harkotan Time Attack and then to pick any Extreme Quest to run. It was not "one or two" client orders as it was consistently the six I mentioned. I used to run these and had to schedule an hour delay every time I did them due to running these with three characters. You would make "just about" six million Meseta per week with this method but with the weekly quests being introduced you are no longer tied to waiting a full seven days from the last time you turned in the client orders. I do not know where you are thinking this is an "easy" two or three million" when these client orders are time-gated upon completion when we have a significantly easier alternative nowadays.

Perhaps you can try to change the way the market works but in all honesty if you know what you want and are aiming for it is not too difficult to work your way up to get the meseta or to find ways around what you want. I do not find it to be difficult to collect Excubes (I was sitting at about 4,000 Excubes) and if you really wanted to 999 Excubes translates to about 12,000,000 Meseta if you turn them into Grinders and sell them at an NPC vendor. Alternatively if you have a full stack of 999 Photon Boosters and have no use for them (though you want 4500 at the minimum for Episode 6 in order to collect enough Ultimate Boosters to get the new fifteen star weapons) you can sell the full stack for about 500,000 Meseta.