Should the exploit be bannable?

@Shirokami07 said in Should the exploit be bannable?:

Okay, time to unfollow this thread. Just a bunch of exploit apologists.

No apologies here it is the truth this doesn't reach the levels of Magatsu being one shot with chain trigger.

I didn't farm these triggers, but I also don't think they will ban anyone that did. At best this is a gray area for should we be doing this due to its unlimited nature.

"This thing is easy and drops a lot of money as well as badges to keep running it, maybe we should run it more."

MAN SUCH EXPLOIT, SO H4X BETTER BAN PEOPLE

Maybe, I dunno, this is kinda crazy to suggest, but it might just be a balance issue instead O_O.

I actually ran it in a two person party. Just me and my Fiance. So we didn't get enough RWB 1's to keep doing it indefinitly. We had to buy more.

Supposedly, it's self-sustaining with at least three-four people if everyone pools their resources, but I'm repeating hearsay off of reddit so take that with a grain of salt.

This is a fully intended mechanic. The issue is the RWB4 exchange, not farming Elder. They're bandaid fixing a consequence of the thanksgiving event, that's all.

Any bans received from this would be incredibly stupid, on their part.

@_Flux_ said in Should the exploit be bannable?:

"This thing is easy and drops a lot of money as well as badges to keep running it, maybe we should run it more."

Maybe, I dunno, this is kinda crazy to suggest, but it might just be a balance issue instead O_O.

No, just an exploit of an unintended feature thus was disabled until fixed.

No, just an exploit of an intended feature thus was disabled until fixed.

Intended features, and the use of them, don't really fall into the realm of, "exploits."

@Chipputer said in Should the exploit be bannable?:

Intended features, and the use of them, don't really fall into the realm of, "exploits."

Was a typo, unintended feature*

Read Sega's post.

We've talked about this.

Oh, and how are they going to fix the "exploit?" By nerfing the rewards? That sure sounds like a balance change to me. If running something repeatedly because it has an lopsided effort-reward ratio is "exploiting" mechanics, and thus should be considered a bad thing, then I hate to break this to you: most of the playerbase has been "exploiting" Advance, Extreme, Emergency and Buster Quests constantly over the game's lifetime.

Oh, and how are they going to fix the "exploit?" By nerfing the rewards? That sure sounds like a balance change to me. If running something repeatedly because it has an lopsided effort-reward ratio is "exploiting" mechanics, and thus should be considered a bad thing, then I hate to break this to you: most of the playerbase has been "exploiting" Advance, Extreme, Emergency and Buster Quests constantly over the game's lifetime.

Were those you mentioned deactivated and reported as UNINTENDED like this one?

No?

Not an exploit like Elder farming.

Sorry dude, you're just making excuses to justify exploiting.

But if they had been taken down to be fixed the whole playerbase should be banned? Are we to see the future now? Lemme just ramp up my phychic powers so I can predict if something that seems like an intended feature is or not.

No?

I would like you to point out where they say unintended in this quote:

"Attention Arks. An issue was found with T: Elder of the Unfathomable Abyss you can do using Triggers. Due to an issue w/ the balance of Meseta rewarded, we will be temporarily suspending this quest. We apologize for any inconvenience & will update you when it's been reactivated."

Source: https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1328909794451755013

Cause I am not seeing how this is "Unintended" or an "Exploit" since an exploit is something like the Magatsu being one shotted by Gunner under the right conditions and even then that is a balance issue.

No?

You're hanging on that post so hard to justify this dumb point.

Sega intended Elder Normal to be run. If they didn't intend it, then they wouldn't have put the triggers on the Rising Badges exchange. What was unintended was the amount of meseta you could get for stomping him. That's not an exploit of a mechanic, unless the mechanic we're exploiting is "kill boss, drop loot, wow loot is decent, go kill boss again."

That's a balance issue. One they are currently addressing so it doesn't mess up the market. It's not a hack or exploit that makes anyone who did it worth banning.

No?

You're hanging on that post so hard to justify this dumb point.

Sega intended Elder Normal to be run. If they didn't intend it, then they wouldn't have put the triggers on the Rising Badges exchange. What was unintended was the amount of meseta you could get for stomping him. That's not an exploit of a mechanic, unless the mechanic we're exploiting is "kill boss, drop loot, wow loot is decent, go kill boss again."

That's a balance issue. One they are currently addressing so it doesn't mess up the market. It's not a hack or exploit that makes anyone who did it worth banning.

Well said!