Should the exploit be bannable?

@Shirokami07 said in Should the exploit be bannable?:

That sounds like excuses for abusing an obvious exploit.

Now try justifying RMTing and botting too.

There is no excuses here haven't use the "Exploit" myself and I hate bots and RMT. More coverage to blow things out of proportion is what caused this.

@Vexation said in Should the exploit be bannable?:

It wasn't an abvious exploit though. Just like the new exp weapons and running extreme quests. If sega didn't intend for it to work that way then why would it be in the game that way?

I don't justify botting. It's against the TOS.

Playing the game though isn't against any rules. I haven't broken any and neither did any of the other people who discovered a nice way to make Meseta by buying the trigger the game provided and picking up the meseta from the drops the game also provided.

Exploiting obvious unintended features is also against the ToS.

If you agree with the ToS, then doing the elder farm was against the ToS.

That's about it. You can try justifying as much as you want but in the end facts are facts. Exploiters are exploiters.

It wasn't an abvious exploit though. Just like the new exp weapons and running extreme quests. If sega didn't intend for it to work that way then why would it be in the game that way?

I don't justify botting. It's against the TOS.

Playing the game though isn't against any rules. I haven't broken any and neither did any of the other people who discovered a nice way to make Meseta by buying the trigger the game provided and picking up the meseta from the drops the game also provided.

Exploiting obvious unintended features is also against the ToS.

If you agree with the ToS, then doing the elder farm was against the ToS.

That's about it. You can try justifying as much as you want but in the end facts are facts. Exploiters are exploiters.

Wow this is funny since Elder is an intended UQ and what happened there is not exploiting.

But what about it made it obvious Shiro? Just cause something is easy doesn't mean it's obviously an exploit.

Yup apparently easy means cheating.

You're just trying to play it dumb. Read the ToS if you want to know why it was obvious.

And as far as I know, Elder wasn't removed as an UQ but the possibility to exploit it through near-infinite triggers.

You're just trying to play it dumb. Read the ToS if you want to know why it was obvious.

And as far as I know, Elder wasn't removed as an UQ but the possibility to exploit it through near-infinite triggers.

Which is intended since I can do it even without it dropping Rising Weapons Badge 1s.

@YagyuChan said in Should the exploit be bannable?:

Which is intended since I can do it even without it dropping Rising Weapons Badge 1s.

If it's intended why was it shut down?

You just played yourself.

You're going against the ToS and trying to justify it.

If it wasn't intended why didn't they say anything until they shut it down?

@YagyuChan said in Should the exploit be bannable?:

If it's intended why was it shut down?

You just played yourself.

You're going against the ToS and trying to justify it.

If I was going against the ToS then shouldn't I be warned for it? I never played myself I have invalidated your point here since even if they just remove the Rising Weapon Badge 1s they will just leave the door open with the 4s. SEGA Of Japan has seen a lot worse than this and not banned anyone. I will give you an example of things here:

Before when Episode 5 was ending and Persona came out on JP the Founders Ampetrite was given out by accident and all they did was call emergency maintenance and take it off people then relock the place it came from.

Fresh Finds over here has had many issues with constant shut downs are they violators of the ToS?

Yet you say I played myself then say this is worse than back in JP when Gunners could 1 shot Magatsu with Chain Trigger cause SEGA banned for that rightly yet you are saying this is worse than that?

You're really going all out trying to justify something obviously wrong just because it wasn't explicitly said it was wrong before known.

Seriously, this "exploit" was literally just buying triggers with the currently plentiful R4 badges and running Elder as a party. If that becomes a bannable offense, might as well take triggers out of the game entirely.

You're really going all out trying to justify something obviously wrong just because it wasn't explicitly said it was wrong before known.

There is nothing wrong here they made the triggers infinitely available and allowed people to do them when they wanted to but yet they are now violating the ToS for this.

Okay, time to unfollow this thread. Just a bunch of exploit apologists.

A: No definitely not (I didnt get to run any, but its clear as day shouldnt be bannable).

Experienced gamers make good use of game mechanics available which to me is all this seemed to be.

PS: It would be a sore loss and a sad day if such players were banned, and very unfair. Not an exploit either as nothing obviously unintended or "glitchy" about it.

Nope, I'm trying to make you realize that I was playing the game. I bought a trigger using badges that were supplied to me with a currency I earned by playing the game.

I they ran the trigger and saw it dropped a lotta meseta so I kept running it. Again playing the game using a system that was there for me to use.

If this system wasn't intended that's fine. They made the announcement, they are fixing it. At no point did I do anything wrong. Just playing a game the way I honestly thought it was meant to be played.

Perhaps you are used to everyone being a jerk face. Some of us aren't. I had zero way to know this wasn't intended. By your logic I shouldn't do anything that makes things easier. Only do things the hard way so that I don't "exploit" something and that logic is flawed as heck.