Should the exploit be bannable?

Just wondering if you all think that the new exploit should have people fall into the category of "Account Measures taken for Dishonest Acts"

I'm talking about the elder one of course. A few of my alliance members who were farming it are worried about getting banned. That in itself says they knew what they were doing was wrong, but they argue it was a "feature" and not an exploit, but that's how all exploits are started as. I took no part in it because I felt like it would do more damage to the economy. I don't understand why you would want to ruin the economy on a quick buck.

What's your opinion on it?

As someone who didn't farm it:

No. It wasn't INSANELY broken, it was just a decent source of meseta that went infinite. It doesn't constitute a ban at all, but it does deserve to be fixed. It already has contributed to inflation based on market prices at the moment, just imagine what would have happened if bots found out.

So... this allowed people to go out of their way to farm meseta, rather than farm excubes, or other useful rares. At least it wasn't allowing people to buy meseta from rmt bots.

There's still a method of earning meseta available that is half as effective as the Elder Triggers... and it's always been in the game because of a certain floor set in Extreme Quests. Can earn 150k+ meseta every 3 minutes at the cost of 6 excubes per extreme pass. So that's like... 3+ million meseta per hour with the use of meseta boosts and all that. The Elder Triggers were still quicker for making meseta, and the fact that it was earned on normal difficulty at the cost of 1 RWB4/ThankgivingBadge each is probably the reason why they're nerfing it now.

Its cost/time vs reward. The Elder Triggers if you had a full group could be run and make back the badge cost for that run since it was dropping rising badges as well.

I don't think anyone will get banned but it was not an intended outcome for doing it.

What was going on was unintended, but it was a legitimate usage of the game mechanics in a pretty normal way, so I doubt that anyone who did it will get banned.

Imo they should be banned for a few days or a week for exploiting an obvious bug for their advantage.

@Shirokami07 Yeah, they should just buy meseta from the RMT meseta sellers instead of actually working to earn meseta through the moderately slow exploit of playing the game using in-game methods. (/sarcasm)

I mean, it wasn't an intended use for the Elder triggers, so that's why it's being patched. People may have made a few million meseta (which doesn't really amount to too much), but at the same time, they also spent hours playing the game to earn that.

@Jay6x said in Should the exploit be bannable?:

@Shirokami07 Yeah, they should just buy meseta from the RMT meseta sellers instead of actually working to earn meseta through the moderately slow exploit of playing the game using in-game methods. (/sarcasm)

I mean, it wasn't an intended use for the Elder triggers, so that's why it's being patched. People may have made a few million meseta (which doesn't really amount to too much), but at the same time, they also spent hours playing the game to earn that.

It's still an exploit, an unintended huge meseta income which was exploited.

Ban. Just like a RMT it's wrong.

There is nothing with the Elder trigger and this serves as a means to make not needed bans happen honestly if they ban for this I gotta say that is pretty silly and stupid in my opinion cause I have seen worse than this before and not even a ban dished out. Before you say I haven't abused this "Exploit" because Profound Darkness is a lot better for my time than Elder is.

I don't see why this would be bannable. You can get 100k Meseta per run of an Extreme Quest. Dark Falz at level 20 was just a little faster. So why would you ban people for running an easy quest with a nice meseta drop? Now if you were botting to take advantage I could see being banned cause botting isn't allowed. No reason honest players should be banned for using a game mechanic. If Sega didn't want it to drop so much Meseta then it should of nerfed it to begin with.

What's next? Gonna say people should be banned for running extreme quests for Meseta? It's easy and about the same amount of money. Perhaps we should ban people for using triboosts and the meseta tree buff next. Wouldn't want anyone using a game feature after all if you're gonna think it's a bannable offense.

@Vexation said in Should the exploit be bannable?:

I don't see why this would be bannable. You can get 100k Meseta per run of an Extreme Quest. Dark Falz at level 20 was just a little faster. So why would you ban people for running an easy quest with a nice meseta drop? Now if you were botting to take advantage I could see being banned cause botting isn't allowed. No reason honest players should be banned for using a game mechanic. If Sega didn't want it to drop so much Meseta then it should of nerfed it to begin with.

What's next? Gonna say people should be banned for running extreme quests for Meseta? It's easy and about the same amount of money. Perhaps we should ban people for using triboosts and the meseta tree buff next. Wouldn't want anyone using a game feature after all if you're gonna think it's a bannable offense.

No, it's highly different with Extreme Quests, you can't compare the speed.

@Shirokami07 - 5-6 minutes to run an extreme quest and about 2-3 minutes to run Elder. We're talking less than 10 minutes for both, with the same amount of Meseta rewarded. It's pretty silly to quibble about a couple minutes. And the people who ran this honestly by buying the triggers and not using bots didn't do anything wrong.

@Shirokami07 said in Should the exploit be bannable?:

Gonna say it but you can cause eventually you will get so strong that you will be able to finish the extreme quest in 1-2 minutes so it does compare. Also for Elder you gotta go keep buying the trigger.

@YagyuChan said in Should the exploit be bannable?:

@Shirokami07 said in Should the exploit be bannable?:

Gonna say it but you can cause eventually you will get so strong that you will be able to finish the extreme quest in 1-2 minutes so it does compare. Also for Elder you gotta go keep buying the trigger.

Elder is a 5 seconds clear though. Also, extreme quest has a daily pass limit. Elder trigger is near infinite and in bulk.

@Shirokami07 - 5-6 minutes to run an extreme quest and about 2-3 minutes to run Elder. We're talking less than 10 minutes for both, with the same amount of Meseta rewarded. It's pretty silly to quibble about a couple minutes. And the people who ran this honestly by buying the triggers and not using bots didn't do anything wrong.

Extreme is limited by daily passes, Elder is near infinite and if you take 2-3 min to clear I'm so sorry for you. It's the teleporter + cinematic then it's all near instant. So, about 1 minute? 1 minute 30?