So about the state of PSO2NA

I wonder if a temporary pass just given out would be a decent alternative? Tree of Savior does this. You still can’t trade but you can use the market. ToS doesn’t let you keep your stuff up for an infinite amount of time, though. You have to sell it within that window of opportunity.

For PSO2 maybe they could make it a Mission Pass reward, like tier 30 so people have to earn it, though I’m not sure if that would deter the botters ot not.

@Milk said in So about the state of PSO2NA:

You still can’t trade but you can use the market

I'm pretty sure Tree of Savior let you trade for free once a day. Unless they finally changed that to none a day.

@ZorokiHanuke said in So about the state of PSO2NA:

@Vexation I'm on a friend's alliance. He comes once in awhile, but all we do is chat because he's almost 100% FFXIV material. Of course, being a super long time friend (more than 15 years friendship) I won't leave his alliance even if we both know I won't advance as much as if I was on an actual progression group. The very few friends that added me in game have been at most one day chats (they disappear after a few days or something), so yeah, I'm in that loner spot. I don't mind, though. I'm advancing slowly and having my fun. I feel I'm doing well on public Urgents and my DPS slowly increases and I die less. So I find no real reason to complain.

For the thread and for OP, I think newbies and people who are very behind have right now a great opportunity to catch up to at least decent gear for very cheap. As said in multiple threads, the Phobos units are good handouts from story, and if you want to invest on better but still not so bank breaking units, the exchange Ivilda (or whatever that thing is spelled) from the buster exchange if I remember, are also great starter units. On the weapons side, many Occuld weapons being handed like candy from the Thanks giving urgent sell for about 500K or less, with the more expensive ones selling for around 1.5 mill (all speaking on ship 3 prices). These are 14 star hold out weapons better suited to alts and for very new undergeared players. So you will want to upgrade up from these quickly on your main character. Still they offer very solid performance.

Such loyalty. Zaro is moved. I need more friends like you.

@Ryuzaki-Morgoth Shame you had such a bad luck with FUN scratch. If anything, this proves that instead of the need to change monetization, there should be a need to change the availability of certain things. For example, have a badge shop sell the shop passes in the same way the room passes are sold. If Sega doesn't want to make them so easy to get, give them either a timed purchase (like 1 a week) and/or use a hard to get currency for them. This way people would have to play the game to farm such currency to buy the passes, essentially making players actually earn them.

@Zarozion I try to keep the friends who manage to stick to me, while waiting for those one/two day friendships to come say hello again if they want.

@coldreactive

Even with the pass I couldn’t trade with a premium member, that was so embarrassing because we made a deal haha. I could trade with other F2P I think but it was limited as you said.

@ZorokiHanuke

I sent you a Kudos in game, I’ll play with you! 🙂 I’m not in game right now though.

@Milk I accepted your friend request. You will see it when you log.

@ZorokiHanuke

Neat! I can show you my mad skills as a level 8 Summoner. 😛 humble beginnings, all my stuff’s back on ship 4.

Hi all! Thank you so much for sharing all of the valuable feedback in this thread with us! I'll send it along to the rest of the team.

@ZorokiHanuke said in So about the state of PSO2NA:

@Ryuzaki-Morgoth Shame you had such a bad luck with FUN scratch. If anything, this proves that instead of the need to change monetization, there should be a need to change the availability of certain things. For example, have a badge shop sell the shop passes in the same way the room passes are sold. If Sega doesn't want to make them so easy to get, give them either a timed purchase (like 1 a week) and/or use a hard to get currency for them. This way people would have to play the game to farm such currency to buy the passes, essentially making players actually earn them.

@Zarozion I try to keep the friends who manage to stick to me, while waiting for those one/two day friendships to come say hello again if they want.

Hello again! ;D

@ZorokiHanuke I wouldn't even be against that actually. I still feel like the monetization is bad, but it would at least be more fair if they made those personal shop tickets drop more or have other means of farming them.