So about the state of PSO2NA

@ZorokiHanuke said in So about the state of PSO2NA:

@SalutexMO Haven't tried those yet. How many are needed to +35 a 14 star?

I just did this to one of the Occuld weapons because I felt like setting this up. It took me about twenty-five of the EXP Weapon Mini's (about 250 Photon Boosters) and each weapon takes up 4,000 Meseta when used as part of the grinding process. This does not include the 100,000 Meseta and the resources to unlock and upgrade the potentials.

It is much more efficient on time and Meseta than using +30 Revolsio weapons with significantly less wasted experience and much cheaper costs. The only real problem you may run into is running low on Photon Boosters (which can be easily obtained).

I like NA more than JP. In JP, players (on an average basis) take the game too seriously, thus setting the bars too high, making casual players having a harder time catching up.

But I could be wrong, I quit JP towards the end of EP4.

Revolsios are still the go-to if you need to save Lambda Grinders (you really can't beat 1 lambda for 10 levels), but the Gunblade EXP Minis on the EXCube and Photon Booster shop are definitely way cheaper in terms of meseta (as they are low star rating).

@Cakewalk said in So about the state of PSO2NA:

I like NA more than JP. In JP, players (on an average basis) take the game too seriously, thus setting the bars too high, making casual players having a harder time catching up.

But I could be wrong, I quit JP towards the end of EP4.

You aren't. JP had a level of elitism to it that NA currently lacks. I don't know how Ultra Hard would be, but the multiplayer content even now that we're "caught up" is still so undertuned that it takes both being undergeared, poorly built AND really bad play on the part of multiple people to risk tanking a UQ. You can get away with a lot more without people starting up shit in NA, as such.

It can still happen, but in my experience the last time a UQ was so hard that the highest difficulty was risky was Mining Base Apprentice.

@VanillaLucia what is the current best way to grab photon boosters?

@Ryuzaki-Morgoth said in So about the state of PSO2NA:

@VanillaLucia what is the current best way to grab photon boosters?

Advance Quests.

@coldreactive OKay so that didn't change, which is fine.I got so many goddamn capsules anyways

@Ryuzaki-Morgoth

I didn't read the whole thread so maybe this was answered but.

https://pso2.com/news/announcements/star15weapons

Here's the 15* upgrade paths. So you can refer to that as you like to get yours prepped.

I also made a guide to getting those EXP weapons from the photon booster shop.

https://forum.pso2.com/topic/9264/kagaseo-phantasmalite-and-upgrading-your-weapon

You can read that here. Hope it helps. It's helped me a lot personally.

@VanillaLucia Thanks for the numbers. Seems like a case of, if you have 3 revolsios already, use those, then do the last 5 grinds to +35 with these instead of wasting another revolsio. I will still recommend people having always at least one revolsio cooking up in their collection folders, as they have more uses than just fodder.

Boosters and capsules are faster to obtain, compared to having to wait for urgents to fill that part of the revolsio sheet. These can also be obtained solo, though it's best to do AQs in a group of human players if possible. On the other hand, those who have characters that can enter XH urgents can fill that requirement in just a couple of those. So guess it's a choice on what you'd want to do.

EDIT: Just used the mini exp weapon method, and I can say I'm satisfied with it. Doesn't break the bank and makes a good quick alternative. More for those with a heavy surplus on Tokyo key astracites. ONLY one caveat, make sure you have plenty of inventory space, as each mini exp weapon takes an inventory slot, as they are still counted as weapons.

@ZorokiHanuke Don't forget UQ Triggers count for folders, too. If you have friends to run them, you don't hve to wait as much.

@Kodiakmax-101 said in So about the state of PSO2NA:

If you have friends to run them.

alt text

@ZorokiHanuke Join an alliance? Then offer up trigger runs?

@Vexation I'm an officer but almost never see anyone, I think it is a timing thing, though I play 5-6 hours a day easy.

I think the devs are doing a pretty good job of trying to fit eight years worth of content into one so we’re caught up but the speed is honestly overwhelming. By the time I get the good gear I’m already behind. At this point I’m not really trying anymore but I’m still having so much fun! There’s a lot of content to do.

@ZorokiHanuke said in So about the state of PSO2NA:

@Kodiakmax-101 said in So about the state of PSO2NA:

If you have friends to run them.

alt text

Come to Block-01 and make friends! Especially if you guys are in Ship-02! We can run it together! ;D