Question about race/class mix.

I created an human Ranger but i can not use màgic abilityes such as healing,if i want to heal,i must change to force or techter classes,so i question,if i create a new Newman character as a Ranger,can i use healing skills on the Ranger class? Is sad that i must use monomates for heal my self. Also if the answer is yes,what is better for what i am looking,a Newman or a deuman?

The use of Techniques depends on the class you use, not the race that you started with. Even if you change to Newman or Deuman, you still wouldn't be able to use Techniques.

There are 2 ways to work around that limitation, the first one is to use one of the Tec-based classes as your Sub Class (Force/Techter/Bouncer/Summoner). Another one is to use a Sigma weapon, but I believe they are only limited to Shifta and not Resta, so you're out of luck with that.

Ok tyvm for the answer,i guess that i will continue playing my human.

also your race plays a very small part of stats, not enough to make game breaking.

I don't get why people mention how "small" the stat difference of the races and genders are (yes gender affects the stats too), meanwhile people go for perfect augments when their equip is already good enough, even if the stat difference is the exact same amount that the race of the character could potentially provide (which btw it's a percentage of growth rate for the stat, so the higher your level the bigger the actual stat difference would be in total).

Sure if your race is average at the stat, ok main one of the classes that use that stat and it will be fine, but it would be silly to pick a class which the race is specifically worse at than all the other races.

Race only have stats modifier for base stats - there are no special racial abilities.

@HarmlessSyan said in Unlisted Racial Traits?:

Race and Gender only have small modifiers for your base stats before any equipment

pso2.png

Example would be like for Hunters at level 95- a male Cast will have 801 HP while a female Newman will have 704 HP. But for a force a male Cast only have 547 T-atk while a female Newman will have 627 T-atk.

@Riesz said in Question about race/class mix.:

I don't get why people mention how "small" the stat difference of the races and genders are (yes gender affects the stats too), meanwhile people go for perfect augments when their equip is already good enough, even if the stat difference is the exact same amount that the race of the character could potentially provide (which btw it's a percentage of growth rate for the stat, so the higher your level the bigger the actual stat difference would be in total).

Sure if your race is average at the stat, ok main one of the classes that use that stat and it will be fine, but it would be silly to pick a class which the race is specifically worse at than all the other races.

https://forum.pso2.com/topic/2512/race-gender-what-s-the-best-choice/2

To summarize though ill quite something from this post

"Ultimately, the difference between the min and max only accounts for a small damage percentage, since even the largest stat gap (M/F CAST v. F Newman TEC-Pwr) is less than 100 Pwr (~84 TEC-Pwr as a lv75/75 Fo/Te, the current NA cap)."

Though this was back when 75 was the cap so it might be slightly higher. either way 100 power is basically nothing

you can get MUCH more out of augments. so much in fact that it makes the bonus from race near completely irrelevant. the damage increase you would see in perfect conditions with one person using a "Min maxed" race is miniscule at BEST. when it comes to any meaningful content it practically makes no difference.

There are also different levels of min-maxing, it is not cut and dry, black and white, you do it all the way or you dont.

Note that the base diference is actually your base stats as well, making the difference a lot larger as it will be affected by sources such as drink, shifta and team tree, which interestingly, augment stats are not affected by.

I don't think it's as miniscule as you might believe, although I still play a cast with TEC anyway.

To add into the ability to play as a Ranger with things like access to techniques you have some options. However, I would recommend the following combinations depending on your approach:

• Ranger/Summoner is the closest you can get to being as consistent and powerful as Ranger/Hunter but instead of having Iron Will and Flash Guard as safety nets instead of having Fury Stance as your main source of damage boosts you get a beefy stat boost instead. The Summoner grants you access to automatic health regeneration (if you level it up) and its main skill you want to use is Summoner's Mark which will boost the damage you do against marked targets. This gives you an edge over the Ranger/Hunter combination in terms of damage but this only works on single targets and must be recast to keep its effectiveness.

• Ranger/Phantom is also very close but instead of having "just" access to techniques you get access to boosting critical rates, critical damage, faster photon point recovery, efficient casting, and speedcasting (as well as "sprinting" while casting). This makes it viable to utilize techniques but if you're simply aiming to buff and heal yourself you can do this much faster than the other class combinations due to the Phantom's speedcasting and you still maintain universal damage boosts like the Hunter's Fury Stance. However, this class combination is relatively squishy compared to the Hunter or Summoner as a subclasss. Keep in mind that the Phantom is not yet available until Episode 6 but if you already unlocked the Hero then you will have all future Successor/Scion classes unlocked when they are released.

• Techer/Ranger is a nifty combination that ends up tanking your damage in exchange for turning you into a "full" support class. You have access to Techniques (and Compound Techniques if you carry a wand) but if you play using only the rifle you get access to the Techer's extrenely high photon point regeneration and enhanced support skills (Shifta/Deband/Resta/Zanverse). You also maintain access to most of your Ranger's skills (most importantly Blight Rounds) so you can debuff enemies and mark weak points when needed. This however forces you to into a very small selection of weapons so I would heavily recommend picking the Occuld or Allure rifles just so you can have something to use that won't make your damage abysmal for the current content.

You definitely have more options for combinations but in my experience these are the combinations I would recommend if you wanted to play the Ranger but still have access to techniques.

@Riesz said in Question about race/class mix.:

I don't get why people mention how "small" the stat difference of the races and genders are ... meanwhile people go for perfect augments when their equip is already good enough, even if the stat difference is the exact same amount

@N00bie666 said in Question about race/class mix.:

even the largest stat gap (M/F CAST v. F Newman TEC-Pwr) is less than 100 Pwr (~84 TEC-Pwr as a lv75/75 Fo/Te, the current NA cap)." Though this was back when 75 was the cap so it might be slightly higher. either way 100 power is basically nothing

@Matt said in Question about race/class mix.:

Note that the base diference is actually your base stats as well, making the difference a lot larger as it will be affected by sources such as drink, shifta and team tree, which interestingly, augment stats are not affected by.

The difference at 75/75 Fo/Te between CAST M/F and Newman F was 84. For an extension to that information, at the 90/90 of our present level of progress the difference has minimally increased to 94, and at the 95/95 we'll be getting in 3/5 weeks it increments to 97. The final level cap of PSO2 is likely to stay at 100, so the base TEC Pwr difference between these two combinations at the end of everything will be around 100.

Note the percentage multiplier happens before other additions to base stats. This means skills such as Technique Power Mega-Up and the use of a 200 TEC mag do not provide more benefit to newmans than CASTs, and since they are still included as base stats for the purposes of Shifta drink and the Attack tree buff their use does not make those multipliers more effective for newmans than CASTs either. Only the racial/gender differences increase that.

Combining the above details, the racial/gender difference is growing way slower than our equipment is even after you add in the base stat multipliers like Shifta drink. It's grown 23.4 points (42.12 with Attack buff and Shifta drink) from the level cap rise between Episode 3 and today, meanwhile a new Atlas EX rod gives 722 more than an old Nemesis and has a bigger multiplier on its potential.

At the very end and including the strong Shifta drink, this biggest difference would be 150 points, or 180 with the Attack tree buff (likely for TA purposes only; UQs would probably be run with the RDR buff instead. Whether or not anything in TAs would die in fewer castings is another question). This is still pretty minimal.

And it's certainly far less than the augmentation difference available to us today. Someone using a baseline of an exchange Nemesis and three main mission Phobos units would get 260 Pwr from augments. Someone else using a weapon and three units that all have 200 Pwr each would have 800 total; a difference of 540. The multipliers on the base stat differences cannot come close to making up that difference, and since Episode 6 will introduce new augments I expect that difference will both increase and become more accessible.