I've seen people manage to carry a weapon that is not available for their class.

I have been watching videos of Ranger gameplay, because I wanted to see how a Ranger plays in the Battlefield.

This is the video that I watched: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFxdCxonXtg&t=165s

Now, while I initialy wanted to look up for Ranger Assault rifle gameplay, I've noticed in a certain timestamp of the video that the player as a Ranger class somehow carries a Katana with it and uses it to traverse quickly.

How did the player manage to put the Katana on the weapon pallete for the Ranger class, I though you cannot put weapons that are not available to your class?

Also, another thing Regarding the Hero class. I've been playing the Hero class, but as a Hero you cannot choose any Sub-class, and neither you can make the Hero as a Sub-class for a different main class either. This confuses me, because I've seen countless players in youtube that use the Phantom class as the Sub-class and vice-versa, and this in-mind that the phantom class is also a Scion-class just like the hero, yet people are allowed to choose a Sub-class when you play as a Phantom and vice-versa...

Somebody explain me this, please? Is this JP exclusivity thing, or those options/buffs havent arrived into the NA steam version of the game yet?

There are some weapons that can be used by all classes but to use PA said class would have to be set as your sub class. That’s how I leveled up all my other classes to 75 with only using a assault rifle

The Thanks Giving UQ has a rare 13 star drop that has all-class weapons of all types, so you can mix and match as needed to level up classes you don't run much.

Certain weapons have a PA or tech built in. An example would be the Sigma series which feature the ability to use a PA for a weapon without being a compatible class. The 14* twin daggers, Apprentice Grudge Omega, allow you to cast Zanverse without being a tech casting class, or subbing one, as well.

In JP there is a specific katana that allows use of its most efficient movement PA and that's what you're seeing. You're likely to also see a pair of jet boots due to the PA allowing you to cast shifta on yourself regardless of class, as well.

@Chipputer said in I've seen people manage to carry a weapon that is not available for their class.:

You're likely to also see a pair of jet boots due to the PA allowing you to cast shifta on yourself regardless of class, as well

We'll be getting one of these Jet Boots in Episode 6, by the way.

The Katana does not have a New Type variant, but I'd really like one.

https://pso2na.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Jet_Washer

Here's an example of a weapon for Bouncer that can be used by a Force, and allows them to use Vinto, which is the jet boots high damage PA.

@Charus Yeah, I main a bouncer, sub a fighter, and I have a pair of knuckles I found that I believe are either thirteen, or fourteen star, that I can use. It's pretty cool.

Sorry for late response.

Where you can loot such katana? I want to be able to use a Katana that would compliment my Hero class playstyle. I want to able to use the Katana Combat Sub-palette ability as an Hero class, since thats why I've gotten interested

@Charus said in I've seen people manage to carry a weapon that is not available for their class.:

Sorry for late response.

Where you can loot such katana? I want to be able to use a Katana that would compliment my Hero class playstyle. I want to able to use the Katana Combat Sub-palette ability as an Hero class, since thats why I've gotten interested

The easiest options for you are to use the thirteen star katanas like the Yamigarasu from the Unique Weapon Badge shop (but I'd personally recommend the Occuld weapons instead because they're stronger and much more suitable for our current content). However, if you are a Successor/Scion class like a Hero you can use the katana but will have absolutely no access to the katana photon arts unless they were built into the weapon.

You must have a suitable subclass in order to utilize the photon arts of off-class weapons so in this case you must be able to have a Braver as a subclass in order to utilize Katana-related photon arts if you aren't already a main class Braver.

@VanillaLucia Yeah thats kinda the problem. I Played mostly Katana braver before switching to Hero class after unlocking it, but the problem is you can't use Sub-class for a Hero Scion class.