About Etoile and Phantom

I understand that in December we get Episode 6 and that Episode 6 is divided into two different releases, right? Does that mean we are getting both classes in December? Have they been vocal about that?

@Ryuzaki-Morgoth On the original roadmap they stated that we'd get Phantom at the end of this year alongside the release of Episode 6 part 1.

Wait so is Phantom and not Etoile?

@Ryuzaki-Morgoth yeah, my understanding is that we won't get Etoile until 2021.

Okay this sucks a bit, but then again I am more excited for the Phantom, so I guess its fine lol

@Ryuzaki-Morgoth haha, yeah, with Phantom being equippable as a sub-class that should be pretty fun to explore šŸ™‚

I'm a bullet bow Braver main, so I got that juicy Dex mag ready for it lol. And since Phantom is basically using the dex stuff, its a perfect fit for me

Exactly! I main katana Braver and am excited to try out the new sub too šŸ˜„

I'm excited for Etoile/Superstar more so, since it's what I mained in JP for farming/etc. High survivability and all that. Phantom sub will be nice for one of my characters though.

Still waiting on the All-class harmonizer too.

@coldreactive I am STILL waiting on the Soul Banisher and the Vivienne weapons šŸ˜ž I have a feeling i'll never have them now

Honestly excited for every class coming our way. As for theory crafting here the thought is maybe they release Etoile and Luster together to accelerate the content delivery process but it is also likely they will just divide Episode 6 into 3 parts with 1 part being dedicated to each respective class.

@YagyuChan Oh I am excited for all three classes. I have my eyes on the Luster a lot, because the Gunblade has always been such an interesting concept to me.

@coldreactive said in About Etoile and Phantom:

I'm excited for Etoile/Superstar more so, since it's what I mained in JP for farming/etc. High survivability and all that. Phantom sub will be nice for one of my characters though.

Sorry for the bump but figured Iā€™d ask you since you actually played it. Do you need to swap weapons to play Etoile efficiently or can you just pick one weapon? Iā€™m really liking how wand looks.

Actually guys the livestream was VERY clear and so was the GM in another post on here.

If it's in the announcements for what we're gonna get in episode six then we are getting it when Episode 6 releases. So we are getting PHANTOM AND ETOILE at the same time.

https://i.imgur.com/ntIDwKt.png ^ Borrowed from the other post

Road to ep 6.PNG

@Milk said in About Etoile and Phantom:

@coldreactive said in About Etoile and Phantom:

Sorry for the bump but figured Iā€™d ask you since you actually played it. Do you need to swap weapons to play Etoile efficiently or can you just pick one weapon? Iā€™m really liking how wand looks.

The Phantom and Etoile utilize three weapons (like the Hunter and Fighter) but have no mechanics or real advantages to switching weapons other than for personal gameplay. This means as a Phantom you can use the Rod to cast techniques and control the area and then swap to the Katana to detonate the Phantom Mark for more damage but the Phantom's Rod is so powerful and rewarding that you have very little incentive to switch unless you really wanted to.

The Etoile's three weapons are very different from one another and behave differently so you can swap weapons for the situation but you aren't going to really see an Etoile attempt a Hero-like gameplay swapping weapons to boost the Hero Gauge because the Etoile's mechanics are much simpler and more straight-forward.

Essentially just pick the weapon you and and you can stick with it. In the case of the Phantom, the Rod simply outclasses all of its other weapons and the Etoile is consistent with all three weapons that in my experience you can't really go "wrong" picking one weapon over the other since they are all relatively equal with one another and are instead simply different playstyles.