broken meseta farming nerf when?

And in the end it solves nothing as players will just seek out the next easy to farm meseta method.

@DDDDLife said in broken meseta farming nerf when?:

@getrekt said in broken meseta farming nerf when?:

since they add old triggers to rising weapon badge people have found out they can spam elder normal for upwards of 200k meseta per minute... for basicaly free

not only that but people are botting so its inflating the market and will keep doing it. whens the nerf sega?

Do us all a favor, If you do not have anyhting to back this up just a merely on somthing that you dont like, You may just have ruined it for everyone, The drop rates have taken a hit all becasue of you -

Please just shut you Pie hole!

so sorry casuals like you have to find another way to get meseta instead of spamming elder 🙂

It's a shame, yes, but on the one hand also I'm happy that the bug was fixed quickly. Maybe there will be penalties, maybe not, but if we have to end up with a good part of the players permanently banned while we are not very much that will not help at all. Might as well return the mesetas directly in case of abuse or even a few days of ban at most. Bugs and abuse will always be present but has the market really been as destroyed as its ?

Congrats on being babies everyone. Now no one gets meseta except the people duping meseta, poledancing emotes, and recycled badges that never get banned.

@SeriPSO2

Meseta will be rolled nonetheless depending on the content as not all XH quests have the same rates on their loot tables and this will be more apparent in future release, XH just has lesser chance of raw meseta and favor more towards units, weapon, or capsules/misc, but it’s not to say that you won’t get raw meseta drops but it becomes a rare instance rather than a common one.

What I was talking about is step 7 of the drop rolling. It mentions that boss drops have 100% success rates on meseta drops when all other rolls fail. This means that when you kill a boss it will always have the same number of drops, including the meseta crystal drops and random items, which you can count to get how many items the boss drops. The issue with my statement was the fact, that XH quest have a separate drop table that's independent of the regular drop table which might not have 100% meseta drop rate. In this case you can't just count the number of items on the ground, since there is a chance that some drops might fail the meseta roll. I admitted to being wrong, but your reasoning for me being wrong is nonsense.

Because you’re not reading the subtext in red for the rare drop description in the item sections and only reading on boost mechanics.

What are you getting at...? It literary just says "rare drop rate 2.5 times." Yes, when you use rare drop rate 150% your drop rate increases to 250%. That's 2.5 times rare drop rate.

I’m not exactly understanding what you’re getting at here. Soloing is solo whether it be in mpa content, 4-man, or solo content. I mean, you aren’t even running trains at that point since it’s just you, which would male it soloing an mpa content. So I’m confused as to why you up try to make a point out of it. I mean, if you’re running party in a mpa train even with a single party it’s still considering running a mpa train because of the capacity of players the quest holds, whether it be 8 or 12 man trigger/content.

Mostly semantics at this point. I disagree with MPA being used to just refer to content, rather than an actual number of players that run it, and don't understand why you're adamant to refer running 12-man raid in single-party group as MPA like it meant anything. It seems like you're talking about issues that simply aren't there. Yes, it is an MPA raid, but why does it matter when you do it as a single party?

Sorry for the empty post at the beginning, clicked the wrong button.

@Krinos said in broken meseta farming nerf when?:

Now no one gets meseta except the people duping meseta

If the core of the issue was that bots were using this to farm meseta automatically, you can rest assured that they would have been able to farm meseta much more quickly than you and then either use it themselves or sell it to someone else to buy whatever cosmetic you were farming your meseta for. In that situation, the closure of the exploit is a good thing for you.

I'm a little behind on PSO2 news this week (finishing up Shenmue II in preparation for the release of III tomorrow), so was it known that bots were farming this or simply educated speculation?

As for actual players putting the exploit to use, I didn't partake myself but I wouldn't begrudge those that did. It'd be like if one of the classes' skills was found to be overpowered and they took measures to rebalance it (think summoner pet bombing or ranger aerial bombing on JP particularly for Phaleg pre-rework, or going back to Universe think OG Renkai Buyou-zan). It's somewhat natural with these kinds of game, and the more important thing is that the rebalancing (or at the very least a suspension until the next maintenance to enable that) happened quickly.

@Miraglyth said in broken meseta farming nerf when?:

@Krinos said in broken meseta farming nerf when?:

Now no one gets meseta except the people duping meseta

If the core of the issue was that bots were using this to farm meseta automatically, you can rest assured that they would have been able to farm meseta much more quickly than you and then either use it themselves or sell it to someone else to buy whatever cosmetic you were farming your meseta for. In that situation, the closure of the exploit is a good thing for you.

I'm a little behind on PSO2 news this week (finishing up Shenmue II in preparation for the release of III tomorrow), so was it known that bots were farming this or simply educated speculation?

There were no bots, in fact the people in the trigger quests were outright clear in mentioning so when they would invite their alliance members/friends.

What a merry thing to be taken away from us. Oh deary me.

@SeriPSO2

I just want to clarify something here after reading this whole thread and see it not being brought up (unless I missed it in my skim). The deciding factor here is that this particular Elder Trigger didn't have to be done at XH+ for 100k~200k raw meseta and the return of 3-4 RWB1's per person per clear, at the cost of 8 RWB1's per host.

It was N difficulty, where practically everyone is able to kill Elder in under 1~5 seconds if we disregard the 30s teleporter countdown, that gave that much, there was no need to even do it at XH, and that IMO was the main issue.

@Kamil118 said in broken meseta farming nerf when?:

@SeriPSO2 What I was talking about is step 7 of the drop rolling. It mentions that boss drops have 100% success rates on meseta drops when all other rolls fail. This means that when you kill a boss it will always have the same number of drops, including the meseta crystal drops and random items, which you can count to get how many items the boss drops. The issue with my statement was the fact, that XH quest have a separate drop table that's independent of the regular drop table which might not have 100% meseta drop rate. In this case you can't just count the number of items on the ground, since there is a chance that some drops might fail the meseta roll. I admitted to being wrong, but your reasoning for me being wrong is nonsense.

So what part exactly? If you feel that what I said is nonsense, point it out and make a sound argument against it.

Also to clarify meseta aren’t set to 100% in on any difficulty’s loot table, for XH and difficulties beyond that, it’s just set to a much lower probability to give other items more frequency of dropping. Hence why I say it’s more rare in XH and higher, but you will get it depending on the XH in rare occasion.

It’s been established already that all difficulties have their own drop table (just check quest records or even quest window if you feel compell that this is not true). Which is why you get different drop types to start with, for example, how there’s more availability of 10s and possibly 11~12 as you get to SH or getting specific gears starting from that difficulty and higher, etc.

The reason it stated XH and higher have their separate rules is because of their drop table consisting of what I already explained earlier, the chances of other items like weapons, units, capsules, or misc other than meseta being rolled are much higher than normal, in addition to higher rarities having higher probability being rolled on instead of lower rarities with RDR active. Some contents offer the ability to drop specific items such as weapon stones like Dragon or the upcoming Persona which could only be obtained in XH or higher difficulties.

Again, it’s not as if you cannot test it out yourself...You can run Elder on XH and see how similar the drop are, you will still get meseta being rolled but it’ll have less occurrence than on difficulty like VH. Or run any EQ content where you can fight bosses, and gauge it yourself. With and without RDR on, the concept of loot drop is still the same while its rules apply when rolling. And you yourself already provided evidence here when you ran PD by explaining your drops. You still rolled meseta, but instead of 1~9* weapons/units/misc being more common, it’s more 10s and 11~12weapons being the majority.

What are you getting at...? It literary just says "rare drop rate 2.5 times." Yes, when you use rare drop rate 150% your drop rate increases to 250%. That's 2.5 times rare drop rate.

It’s reference to the possible quantity too.

Look, if you’re just still going to continue to argue without even testing it yourself. Then it’s better off not even going further with this as you’re arguing on grounds you haven’t even understood in the first place. These conditions to test RDR effect in terms of quantity and types of drop isn’t difficult to demonstrate and anyone with access to boosts can replicate it.

Just run solo PD or Deus who are bosses that are known for being a pinata. Turn off auto-collect for meseta, do runs with and without boost (which is possible via drink menu) then compare. You’ll see units (possibly meseta too) and lower weapon rarities being more frequent without, while with boosts up, they’ll be more higher weapons in higher frequency. It’s also evident by how many cubes you’ll also get on average running with and without boosts.

So if you’re still going to keep arguing without making the observation first so that you can see for yourself, then this discussion isn’t going anywhere. As it’s very apparent to see the differences with or without boosts and how impactful it is in terms of drop,

@Misuran said in broken meseta farming nerf when?:

@SeriPSO2

I just want to clarify something here after reading this whole thread and see it not being brought up (unless I missed it in my skim). The deciding factor here is that this particular Elder Trigger didn't have to be done at XH+ for 100k~200k raw meseta and the return of 3-4 RWB1's per person per clear, at the cost of 8 RWB1's per host.

It was N difficulty, where practically everyone is able to kill Elder in under 1~5 seconds if we disregard the 30s teleporter countdown, that gave that much, there was no need to even do it at XH, and that IMO was the main issue.

To clarify things, I never stated or mention anything about running Elder on XH, and am well aware of the method in how people farmed him as it’s been talked about since triggers were announced. I only initially listed other possible and established methods people had for meseta that are also unlimited and already stated that I’m not implying these methods are better. So my point in even mentioning all these things in my initial post is to give implication that it’s just method in the same stature as these. Since the OP gave an exaggerated amount since clears on normal or even hard have a low base, to even get that amount per run on these difficulties requires the individual to stack other boosts that aren’t usually accessible through common means (such as weapons that utilizes multiple meseta boosts, ex boosts, etc,).

You can just refer to what uber said which explains regarding Elder method in the other thread similar to this:

@Theuberclips said in Should the exploit be bannable?:

No. It wasn't INSANELY broken, it was just a decent source of meseta that went infinite. It doesn't constitute a ban at all, but it does deserve to be fixed. It already has contributed to inflation based on market prices at the moment, just imagine what would have happened if bots found out.

Honestly this is the most pointless trigger disabling I have ever seen yeah bots can farm 60k meseta per run but yet for the people moaning about it run solo PD or even 12 man since it gives a lot more than Elder does but yeah congrats on a really pointless UQ trigger disable.

@YagyuChan said in broken meseta farming nerf when?:

Honestly this is the most pointless trigger disabling I have ever seen yeah bots can farm 60k meseta per run but yet for the people moaning about it run solo PD or even 12 man since it gives a lot more than Elder does but yeah congrats on a really pointless UQ trigger disable.

If they didn't disable it, they would've fixed it in a maintenance, then immediately give a bunch of meseta boosters to everyone who didn't use the trigger. Then you and everyone who did use them, would come on here anyway to complain about not getting meseta boosters.

@coldreactive said in broken meseta farming nerf when?:

If they didn't disable it, they would've fixed it in a maintenance, then immediately give a bunch of meseta boosters to everyone who didn't use the trigger. Then you and everyone who did use them, would come on here anyway to complain about not getting meseta boosters.

Funny thing is I barely ever use a meseta booster and nor have I abused this "Exploit". It is something blown out of proportion by coverage of the subject and only serves to hurt people in my opinion especially when some are calling for bans on it which is not fair.

especially when some are calling for bans on it which is not fair.

Players in Final Fantasy XIV who abused the limit break ability from the squadron system would get innocent players banned if players came in via duty matching / queue system and didn't know about the exploit being used during their run of said content. It's not uncommon for people to get bans when they had no idea they would get banned for simply using the queue system.

(These bans were also permanent until contested.)

I honestly don't mind innocent people getting banned over it as long as the staff respond appropriately and unban the people who were innocently and wrongfully banned, not knowing about the exploit in question. The chat logs would be looked at, for whisper/alliance/group/etc. to make sure players didn't communicate the exploit between one another.

@coldreactive said in broken meseta farming nerf when?:

especially when some are calling for bans on it which is not fair.

Players in Final Fantasy XIV who abused the limit break ability from the squadron system would get innocent players banned if players came in via duty matching / queue system and didn't know about the exploit being used during their run of said content. It's not uncommon for people to get bans when they had no idea they would get banned for simply using the queue system.

(These bans were also permanent until contested.)

I honestly don't mind innocent people getting banned over it as long as the staff respond appropriately and unban the people who were innocently and wrongfully banned, not knowing about the exploit in question.

but yet they won't and will say that the bans are not appealable. This is SEGA Of Japan we are talking about here they have seen worse than this Elder trigger "bug" and never banned for it. All they did is shut down the trigger and repair it then put it back online.