broken meseta farming nerf when?

Chances are I'll try them all on my main then delegate scion classes to my two other characters so I can play them all a little bit once I know the mechanics. I do tend to favor ranged gameplay. That said I actually wound up liking sword as a hero.

@Chipputer said in broken meseta farming nerf when?:

@MarshalTobias32 said in broken meseta farming nerf when?:

The issue wouldn't exist if they didn't make the RWB4 exchange rate so easy on the players. This isn't an unintended mechanic, just an unforseen consequence with a bandaid fix.

I'll be interested to see if they do the same to PD triggers.

They won’t, PD triggers can be bought at the badge shop as well in JP. Been that way for while now.

Does JP have a massively easy way to obtain hundreds, possibly thousands, of badges per day to turn into those triggers?

There's only 2 triggers you can buy on JP with badges - Solo PD and The Mother+Deus fight. Both are only XH and UH, very different from beating up a level 20 normal boss in 5 seconds.

As for badges... yea... there's basically unlimited supply of them over the years and you can get them often in seasonal UQ or spamming some of the daily recommended quest on JP.

I'm working on my 19th stack of Weapon Badge SP (the badge that encompasses all past weapon badges) and 11th stack of Weapon Badge 2020 - each stack is 999 and triggers only cost 4 SP badges or 30 current year badges

@Kamil118 you dismissed that when the drop mechanics initiates rolling it rolls through all the categories until it hits one and if none passes you get nothing! Which is why drops have a variable differences in amount and can be inconsistent but the gap difference is minimal that when drops are gauged, it generally averages out accordingly.

I did established previously that bosses have a base loot that is affected by the multiplier of rdr. But have tried making the observations with and without boosts?

Quest specific drop you’re referring to are the guaranteed/chance items you get from clearing. Such as rising badges or an event specific drop, such as specific seasonal gears. This was a mechanic implemented after XH was release (which is post ep 4 era). It’s entirely separate from what normal drops are and is not counted in the normal loot category but can be affected by rdr depending on the item and enemy. I know you’re just repeating what you read but thoroughly try to understand what is being mentioned.

Giving an example, PD solo, you will be given union booster drop upon clear but this is an item separate from the loot table as it is the quest specific item you can gain from it which for PD is guaranteed. It is not inclusive towards the amount of possible rolls you get from the normal loot table count. It’s decided by the quest as difficulty affects its rates and quantity you gain from clearing.

I don't see a problem with PD triggers. To get Deos you are going to want to run PD at the hardest difficulty and that takes time to do and farm.

For elder the issue was it being done in normal difficulty and can be solo in seconds if you wanted to.

Does JP have a massively easy way to obtain hundreds, possibly thousands, of badges per day to turn into those triggers?

Yes.

But PD triggers are old stuff, we have Divide Quest that net 200-300 cubes in 15 minutes. New extreme Quest that drop Returner affix (Veteran Resolve). EQs that give lots of class cubes together with regular cubes around 200-300 too in 30 minutes.

Wayyyyyyyyyy easy to make meseta on JP than NA, that something i said from the very begin, NA team knows about mass excube farm on JP and they are preveting/nerfing this since beginning.

@SeriPSO2 said in broken meseta farming nerf when?:

@Kamil118 you dismissed that when the drop mechanics initiates rolling it rolls through all the categories until it hits one and if none passes you get nothing! Which is why drops have a variable differences in amount and can be inconsistent but the gap difference is minimal that when drops are gauged, it generally averages out accordingly.

I'm not trying to dismiss anything, but from my understanding of step 7 from Famitsu, once the drop gets through the entire loot table and every roll for items/gear fails boss drops have 0% chance for meseta roll to fail. This doesn't apply for normal enemies, these have non-100% meseta drop, but if you believed the article bosses should be diffrent.

I did established previously that bosses have a base loot that is affected by the multiplier of rdr. But have tried making the observations with and without boosts?

Unfortunately for the last 2 days I haven't had much time to do anything besides dailies due to school work. What do you think is a good place to test it? PD seems like a bad spot since it drops so many items and the background is so bright it's hard to count stuff. I've been thinking about running let's say 10 normal or VH luthers, since the contrast between loot and floor is pretty big, and luther doesn't puke dozens of items per run.

Quest specific drop you’re referring to are the guaranteed/chance items you get from clearing. Such as rising badges or an event specific drop, such as specific seasonal gears. This was a mechanic implemented after XH was release (which is post ep 4 era). It’s entirely separate from what normal drops are and is not counted in the normal loot category but can be affected by rdr depending on the item and enemy. I know you’re just repeating what you read but thoroughly try to understand what is being mentioned.

Giving an example, PD solo, you will be given union booster drop upon clear but this is an item separate from the loot table as it is the quest specific item you can gain from it which for PD is guaranteed. It is not inclusive towards the amount of possible rolls you get from the normal loot table count. It’s decided by the quest as difficulty affects its rates and quantity you gain from clearing.

Thank you for explaining that.

@Kamil118 You can run any content of any difficulty and compare contrast with and without. In my previous comment which I mentioned for you to run PD or Deus because they drop in large amount due to the set base loot the devs put up for them and also how much RDR% affects the drop amount which makes it easier to discern.

To clarify another thing, boss have a base drop count, it's technically correct that it will roll meseta if all categories fail, BUT this only happens if the drop amount is expected to go lower than the base drop count.

Which means if something like Loser on Normal for example, has a base drop quantity of 10, you will never get below 10 guaranteed drops without any boost. But with RDR, you can get a fluctuated amount of drop because the base has the RDR% added its formula and which gives a potential amount of based on the %. The amount will roll but you'll never see it being more than the potential amount and less than the base.

With daily boosts/prem/trig lead (which provides boost), you won't ever have 0% RDR unless you never gotten any of these. But it's possible to still make the observations.

I'd rather meseta trigger stays. I know it is op, but PSO2 is a team game where a lot of the times you get punished because of your under-geared teammates. Affixing costs a ton of meseta and ex-cubes due to the low success rate, partially from buying stuff from players shop (which is not going to get affected due to how inflation works); however, the part that you pay for appraising weapons and affixing cost DO add up.

This game might be easy for some hardcore players, but it is still relatively difficult for me. I'd rather have everyone being OP than people showing up in XH buster urgent with Nox+2 weapons.

If the "Meseta trigger" stays as you want it, everything is going to become way more expensive in no time due to mass inflation. Idk if you even saw, but the value of items already started spiking within the few days this method became more known.

Yes affixing is expensive, but most of the cost involves buying fodders and capsules from other players, thus a majority of the meseta is moving to another player rather than being deleted.

The current Meseta sinks in the game are not strong enough to handle something like mass elder trigger farming. Especially when it's prone to being botted.

Recycle badge doubled in price 😔